Does anyone else still hate Derby?

Thorpe-le-Saint

After reading the majority of the posts on the 'Paul Jewell' thread, I seem to be in the minority of Saints supporters who hates Derby with the same passion that I hate P*mpey. Surely I am not the only one sad enough who still looks back at upon those Derby fans on the pitch as c-units?

I think this is a totally ridiculous thread and not very sporting either

Why should anybody hate football teams

Derby were a much better team over the whole season than us although in the Play Offs we were probably unlucky

Edited by John B

To be honest, I'm not actually that bothered about Pompey right now, particularly given that they're light years ahead of us at the moment.

And yes, I'm still pretty bitter about that night, and I laughed very loudly when the Doncaster goal came through on Soccer Saturday. :D

No I was ot there but they beat us so what.

Sport is winning and losing .

Hating teams is totally ridiculous probably jealousy really

How you can say in your previous post that there were better than us that season is beyond. Yes they finished in 3rd, but the 4 times we played them that season they were absolute tosh and managed to scrape through by just hoofing the ball.

In response to this post: If you weren't there then in my opinion you really are not qualified to comment!! The humiliation we suffered that night was unbearable and I hope Derby, and especially their fans, get their comupance (sp?) on the 23rd.

I can't stand them either. My brother in law is a big fan. Phoned every Saturday evening to gloat when they were riding high in the Championship, didn't phone once when they went up to the Premier and got pooed on by every team possible. Was tempted to call or email about Doncaster but think it might come back on me big time when they get their first win. Against us.

They also only have one song - we are Derby, super Derby, super Rams - which is utter pants. We have the best song in football.

Hello will.

How you can say in your previous post that there were better than us that season is beyond. Yes they finished in 3rd, but the 4 times we played them that season they were absolute tosh and managed to scrape through by just hoofing the ball.

In response to this post: If you weren't there then in my opinion you really are not qualified to comment!! The humiliation we suffered that night was unbearable and I hope Derby, and especially their fans, get their comupance (sp?) on the 23rd.

I think that given the fellows explanation for why he thinks you are wrong to hate teams that beat yours, whether he was there or not has absolutely no bearing on things. He is in my opinion very correct in that you do sound like a silly jealous little boy. These feelings should slowly die down with the onset of adulthood, assuming you are a child still?

He is in my opinion very correct in that you do sound like a silly jealous little boy. These feelings should slowly die down with the onset of adulthood, assuming you are a child still?

You obviously weren't at the Derby game either and have a strange choice of name for an adult poster....

hi there Saints, jsut been browsing some of the championship message boards and i saw that some of you still hate us. Really you should just move on, what happened in the play-offs was well over a year ago now, you've fallen away due to financial problems and we've become a kind of national laughing stock, only helped by our managers home made vids.

we actually did you a favour, by looking at what happened, if you'd beaten us and beat west brom you would be the team wit hthe lowest points total in premiership history, admittedly it wouldn't have been as few a points as we finished on, but you would have taken that dubious honour nevertheless.

In terms of the upcoming game, we haven't gelled as a team and it will probably take quite a while to do so. We needed a fresh start and so bringing in 13 players has led to the obvious defeat against Doncaster. Please don't take this the wrong way but if you are signing Lee Holmes to improve your team then you are gonna struggle this season and i do expect us to beat you. I live in holland and the fact that all my dutch friends who are into football have nver even heard of your manager speaks volumes to your predicament.i will wish you luck, derby only staved off relegation to the third tier under similar cicumstances about 4 seasons ago and i know its gonna be a long hard season for you.

Guest Hacienda
I live in holland and the fact that all my dutch friends who are into football have nver even heard of your manager speaks volumes to your predicament..

So they don't know the players who played for them in the World Cup?

Not very knowledgeable are they?

Hating teams is what football is all about. It's what makes the atmosphere so special. When you beat someone you hate it makes the win extra special. I did hate Derby, but most of the players from that team who I hated have now left now (Stephen Bywater, Darren Moore, Billy Davies, Steve Howard). That said it would be very sweet if we managed to nick win at Pride Park again.

hi there Saints, jsut been browsing some of the championship message boards and i saw that some of you still hate us. Really you should just move on, what happened in the play-offs was well over a year ago now, you've fallen away due to financial problems and we've become a kind of national laughing stock, only helped by our managers home made vids.

we actually did you a favour, by looking at what happened, if you'd beaten us and beat west brom you would be the team wit hthe lowest points total in premiership history, admittedly it wouldn't have been as few a points as we finished on, but you would have taken that dubious honour nevertheless.

In terms of the upcoming game, we haven't gelled as a team and it will probably take quite a while to do so. We needed a fresh start and so bringing in 13 players has led to the obvious defeat against Doncaster. Please don't take this the wrong way but if you are signing Lee Holmes to improve your team then you are gonna struggle this season and i do expect us to beat you. I live in holland and the fact that all my dutch friends who are into football have nver even heard of your manager speaks volumes to your predicament.i will wish you luck, derby only staved off relegation to the third tier under similar cicumstances about 4 seasons ago and i know its gonna be a long hard season for you.

Its not going to be that clever for you either if saturday was anything to go by.

You may scoff at Holmes but time will tell, he might feel better and get a chance here to fourish.Only time will tell.

.. Please don't take this the wrong way but if you are signing Lee Holmes to improve your team then you are gonna struggle this season and i do expect us to beat you...

I have heard this from a variety of different people including two Derby season ticket holders I know very well.

What's the view from those who have seen him in pre-season or at Cardiff? He seems pretty low on the radar in terms of references on the OS or match reports from the friendlies and Cardiff.

Hating teams is what football is all about. It's what makes the atmosphere so special. When you beat someone you hate it makes the win extra special. I did hate Derby, but most of the players from that team who I hated have now left now (Stephen Bywater, Darren Moore, Billy Davies, Steve Howard). That said it would be very sweet if we managed to nick win at Pride Park again.

Darren Moore? He was the only one in their team that didn´t behave like an idiot.

What's the view from those who have seen him in pre-season or at Cardiff? He seems pretty low on the radar in terms of references on the OS or match reports from the friendlies and Cardiff.

Not sure about that, but Alan McInally made a couple of comments about him looking impressive on Soccer Saturday. That said, he also said that it was Holmes who put the cross in for the goal when it was actually Surman, so I guess we should probably take that with a pinch of salt! :D

From what I have seen of holmes (admittedly only the Celtic friendly) he looks quite handy. Sounded like he had an ok game on Saturday too.

I think he will be good at this level, can get down the wing and delivers well into the box.

All IMO though.

Re the post from 'rammy' a lot of what you say, whilst using phrases like 'please dont take this the wrong way etc' is provocative.

Implying we would have got the lowest points tally of all time is just your opinion not fact. There is no saying any other team would have done better or worse than Derby, however you only need to look at Sunderland and Reading who both stayed up to see that not all teams who go up, come back down.

I feel bitter in the way which Derby won as they were bad winners. I believe not having an away goal rule in the playoffs when every other contest seems to have one is ludacrus and having completely out played Derby in not only that game but atleast one or two other games that season I beleive it should have been us to go through to the final not them. However, there is no saying we would have beaten WBA and all this is in the past.

I do not however favour or like Derby in any way and wouldnt be at all bothered if they dwindled into obscurity.

All IMO of course and no offense meant!

After reading the majority of the posts on the 'Paul Jewell' thread, I seem to be in the minority of Saints supporters who hates Derby with the same passion that I hate P*mpey. Surely I am not the only one sad enough who still looks back at upon those Derby fans on the pitch as c-units?

Completely indifferent to Derby. I think hating teams is a bit silly. I don't really even hate Pompey, though the local rivalry thing can be a good laugh. When I was younger I used to hate Forest, because they always seemed to be our bogey team (2 Wembley appearances plus many other bitter results) so maybe I should support Derby as they are Forest's main rivals.

I guess you had to be there John B.....which I assume you weren't!

I was at the Derby play-off at PP and see no reason particularly to hate Derby. A good number of their kids goaded us from the pitch at the end but that's what they were, kids.

As I left PP I was impressed by the number of Derby supporters who were clapping us out of the stadium showing their respect for the Saints team and the support we had that night.

Like others I am not keen on Billy Davies, he is not there any more, but also dislike plenty of other figures in football.

The only thing I have against Derby particularly is that crap away pub (the Navigation??) and the torrential rain that night at PP. To have anything more against Derby is even more childish than me! :)

I have heard this from a variety of different people including two Derby season ticket holders I know very well.

but you could get 2 s/t holders from Saints and they may rubbish a player you rate.

I suggest we give him a chance and use our own eyes.I saw him play at Salisbury and he seemed he had something about him.

I thought he looked really good against west ham, but was non-existant when we played cardiff. Looks like he could become a good player though.

We have more than enough chavvy supporters who would have reacted in exactly the same way had the tables been turned.

It's one of the worst things about football today, the vitriol and hatred you can see on people's faces directed towards opposition supporters.

I love banter, that's fine, but anyone that leaves the stadium feeling actual hatred and then carries it with them for years afterwards seriously needs to re-evaluate their life and perhaps go on an anger management course.

Derby were a much better team over the whole season than us although in the Play Offs we were probably unlucky

Agreed

Rivalry, especially local, is part of what makes football

Unfortunately we seem to have rather a lot of juvenile and/or embittered fans posting at the moment who don't know where to stop.

I'm sure I'm not the only Saints fan who (grudgingly) hopes Pompey beats Man U and the others of the Big 4.

As for Derby, haven't they suffered enough for their sins?

Guest Hacienda
Agreed

Unfortunately we seem to have rather a lot of juvenile and/or embittered fans posting at the moment who don't know where to stop.

I'm sure I'm not the only Saints fan who (grudgingly) hopes Pompey beats Man U and the others of the Big 4.

I think you might be.

Yes, their attitude to us that night was very sad.

Instead of celebrating their lucky victory graciously, they decided to try and rub our noses in it. I've been going to games since the early eighties but for some reason that still makes the hairs on my neck stand up.

All that needless posturing, knowing full well that as soon as a Saints fan encroached the pitch that they would have been arrested or bitten by a Police Dog. You would have thought that they would have just got on with their night and enjoyed their moment in a more positive manner, instead they made themselves look utter idiots.

I guess who you to be there to believe it.

So yes, they have hit a nerve with me and I do look out for their results and hope that they get a mauling.

You seem to be mixing up football (a sport) with wrestling (a sitcom) where you have to have goodie and baddies to make the kids buy toys and things.

Agreed

No.

This whole thing is quite strange for me and my family in a way!! I was born in Derby, but have pure red and white blood flowing through my veins, now my brother was born in Winchester but supports that ****e up in Derby, my step - dad is a ST holder at Saints along with myself, and my mum is a Derby Supporter and always has been..

There was a post at the beginning of this thread I don't agree with, Derby where better than us throughout the season?

I dont think they where any better they had a plan a which worked.. Moore at the back HOFF howard nods it in.. thats about it!!

And that night, well, completely gutted, managed to get a ticket 2 days before the game, went up there thinking this is it, and well it hurt knowing I had to face them at the end of the game!!

But now two seasons later, who is in the better position, I have to say we are by a mile, we could win a league game beofre Jewell does and he has been in the job since January!!

Bring on Aug 23rd!!! COYR Wouldn't miss it for the world

You seem to be mixing up football (a sport) with wrestling (a sitcom) where you have to have goodie and baddies to make the kids buy toys and things.

What the **** are you on about? Ask 95% of football supporters if they hate another team and they will say they do. (I mean people who actually go to games, not people who spend most of their time correcting people on an Internet forum) All of these old farts who say it's sad to hate another team need to get their heads out their arse and stop looking down on people who do.

What the **** are you on about? Ask 95% of football supporters if they hate another team and they will say they do. (I mean people who actually go to games, not people who spend most of their time correcting people on an Internet forum) All of these old farts who say it's sad to hate another team need to get their heads out their arse and stop looking down on people who do.

They are probably using the word 'hate' when they actually mean dislike with a vengeance. Not quite the same thing, I suggest :)

A person would have to be a bit short on the old neural pathways to hate an object (a team) anyway. It's like saying 'I hate bricks / tarmac / lemons'.

'Hating' a football team is akin to 'hating' black people, ginger-haired people, etc. - totally irrational IMO

A person would have to be a bit short on the old neural pathways to hate an object (a team) anyway. It's like saying 'I hate bricks / tarmac / lemons'.

I don't hate Tarmac, per se, but it's very overrated IMHO. Give me fine Portland gravel any day of the week.

I feel no malice towards them whatsoever. The turnaround from relegation threatened bankrupt club to play off finalist was remarkable and fair play to them for invading the pitch and celebrating in style despite the atrocious conditions.

I had to stand there and suffer it like the 5000 other Saints and it was painful. On reflection though it was one of the best nights football I have ever witnessed despite the loss. I don;t think I have ever celebrated as much as when Rasiak scored...

Looked average when I saw him in pre-season, few good touches here and there, then again, a few Carlisle fans I know rate him after he look them apart when playing for Walsall.

They are probably using the word 'hate' when they actually mean dislike with a vengeance. Not quite the same thing, I suggest :)

'Hating' a football team is akin to 'hating' black people, ginger-haired people, etc. - totally irrational IMO

For the record I think bricks are quite good, Tarmac is overrated, but lemons are an essential storecupboard item. If any of the above are ginger, however, they should be immediately thrown out.

I hope this helps.

After reading the majority of the posts on the 'Paul Jewell' thread, I seem to be in the minority of Saints supporters who hates Derby with the same passion that I hate P*mpey. Surely I am not the only one sad enough who still looks back at upon those Derby fans on the pitch as c-units[/b]?[/b]

I still hate Everton (84) does this make me really sad?

Got to agree the way their fans were makes JohnB's comments on being "sporting" complete tosh I can't imagine we'd have done that to them had the 2nd leg been at home feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though! Overall we battered them 3 times out of 4 that season (the home playoff I felt we just ended a bit flat relying on that 2nd leg to come) so to say they were the better team ... I think not. Yes it may be some form of bitterness but like Thorepys said I think you had to be there that night to understand just what utter *****s their fans really are, the premier league season also suggests at just how crap they were and I still find it amusing to see them lose. On another note its my birthday that day so please Saints don't **** it up for me! lol