FA Level 1 Coaching Badge

MINIBARCELONASAINT

I did this about 12 years ago and kept refreshing, including the first aid and CRB.

It's ideal for youth football and is geared to passing (unlike level 2 upwards)

It was great fun and not demanding physically if you play football regularly.

I haven't taken it further as I do not wish to become a coach beyond the Hants Premier / Hants County Youth League level, so I can utilise my Saints season tickets as often as possible !

Hope this helps !

Did mine last summer - well worth doing and helped a lot with the u7's that I'm coaching. Hoping to do the youth modules next summer as the instructor thought that is more appropriate for me for the age group - would be interested in hearing about those if anyone else has done them.

The Level 1 course book has kids in Saints kit on the cover too, which I happily pointed out to the mainly Chelsea supporters out of the other 20 blokes on the course.

Level 1

Easy, you really have nothing to worry about.

Yeah took my coaching further, did a lot when I was younger, I have my level 2 and enjoyed every minute of it, I have not done much lately though, too much work and playing football.

I have some V good websites you can use if you start doing it, ill let you know what they are

It was £150 last summer, but you get a discount if you are associated to a Charter Standard club of about £30. The course I did was every Monday/Wednesday night for 4 weeks, 6:30 to 10, although none of them ran that late, which makes it easier if you don't want to do full days straight through.

2 was the one that I learned from, 1 was a bit..... Obvious if you know what I mean.

I have heard the next one is even more of a step up, I have thought about it but not until I stop playing

I've no need to do 3 as the coaching at my lads club is tip top & I've no desire to coach kids again, having done it for years but if I was still doing that I'd do it.