Get ready for Bulgarians and Romanians coming

Thedelldays

Scouse, Romanian.... All the same

I thought you were a man of the world, Jamie.

If you think scouse women are the same as Romanians, you've obviously never had a hot Romanian minx whisper "I hate you" sexily in your ear.

Perhaps they could employ British people.

You cant watch a BBC political programme without someone complaining about lack of jobs. Yet eastern Europeans seem to find them, all very strange.........

It's because they work for f*ck all. It's like a race to the bottom.

It's because they work for f*ck all. It's like a race to the bottom.
Yep, the middle classes love it, cheap waiters, plumbers, nannys etc, regardless of the fact it completely prices out many of the British working class out of the employment market. Very different if you're renting a room, living 5 to a house or trying to support a family etc.

Here's the deal................why would they come to the UK............want jobs go to Germany (better economy)..........want healthcare, dole, housing etc. go to France, Belgium, Scandinavia etc (much better conditions on offer than in the UK)

We Brits are a bunch of insular bedwetters about this, as though we are the only ones impacted and its all about us. Every European country has been hugely impacted (much of it positive) by immigration from the East.

We whip up this end of days vision about hordes of the unwashed camped on our doorstep waiting to get in and hide behind our duvets crapping ourselves how we've lost Britain, whilst quite happily employing great cleaners, workmen and hotel staff.

Before the immigration, I had to clean my own home, be overcharged by incompetent plumbers who were doing me a favour in turning up and served by surly hotel staff who hated the fact they had to work.

Sure its not all good, but the net result of these countries joining the EU has been largely beneficial for all of Western Europe.

Ah but I forgot, we Brits have it much worse than the others..........

Apologies if you disagree, but just my view at a frustration of our British character in the ability to pretend its always all about us!

no one is saying they are ALL going to come here...but many will (probably in the hundreds of thousands over the years)

can the NHS, welfare, benefits cope..? are there jobs for those the govt are trying to get off benefits and them

probably not....

Makes you wonder how we ever got by without Eastern European's picking our fruit, serving our meals, cleaning our offices ect ect ect. As Nigel Farage pointed out on QT, veg got picked prior to Poland ect joining the EU, it's just that British people did it and got paid a higher wage.

Here's the rub, we have no choice. You could decide that you think it's right to pay slightly more for your veg, for your pizza in Prezzo, for your fruit, if it meant British people off the dole queue and into work. You might prefer cheaper services with more Brits on the dole, and higher taxes to pay for them. But, the choice is not ours to make.

Here's the deal................why would they come to the UK............want jobs go to Germany (better economy)..........want healthcare, dole, housing etc. go to France, Belgium, Scandinavia etc (much better conditions on offer than in the UK)

We Brits are a bunch of insular bedwetters about this, as though we are the only ones impacted and its all about us. Every European country has been hugely impacted (much of it positive) by immigration from the East.

We whip up this end of days vision about hordes of the unwashed camped on our doorstep waiting to get in and hide behind our duvets crapping ourselves how we've lost Britain, whilst quite happily employing great cleaners, workmen and hotel staff.

Before the immigration, I had to clean my own home, be overcharged by incompetent plumbers who were doing me a favour in turning up and served by surly hotel staff who hated the fact they had to work.

Sure its not all good, but the net result of these countries joining the EU has been largely beneficial for all of Western Europe.

Apologies if you disagree, but just my view at a frustration of our British character in the ability to pretend its always all about us!

Agree and I remember we were a poor country before we joined the then eec and had have to have import controls because we so inefficient. Now we have living standards we could only dream about in the 60s and early 70s.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Well the UK labour market is much more flexible, reflecting the general openness of the economy and indeed the culture. Its probably easier to find work here (not necessarily 'good' jobs but jobs nonetheless), keep your head down and get on with things.

The attractions of other EU countries are well-taken but they're not necessarily relevant to or high on the list of priorities of many migrant workers.

Edited by shurlock

Agree and I remember we were a poor country before we joined the then eec and had have to have import controls because we so inefficient. Now we have living standards we could only dream about in the 60s and early 70s.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Whilst countries that dont belonging to the EU, like Switzerland and Norway have plunged into the dark ages.

Look how the standard of living has fallen in New Zealand and Australia since the 70's, they dream of having EU living standards. Dream of being able to live like Greeks and Bulgarians .

It's all down to the EU, all hail the EU.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but the level of ignorance on this thread is astonishing. I've been married to. a Bulgarian for 10 years, own a property in Varna, Bulgaria and spend a lot of time there.

There are some very bad things about that part of the world. The government/mafia (they are basically the same thing these days) at the top and the gypsies at the bottom are both sections of society to be disgusted by.

The 90% of people in the middle are hard working, smart, passionate and have a realistic grasp on life that many of the more right wing leaning posters in this forum would find very refreshing.

As for coming over here and taking our jobs, well they will and not just picking fruit either. Why? Because they work much harder than any Brit I have ever met, their education system puts ours to shame and from my experience they're just much smarter than the average person in the UK.

I've spent the last 10 years of my life keeping up with them and its damn hard work. I've got a feeling a lot of people in the UK will have to do the same pretty soon.

The 90% of people in the middle are hard working, smart, passionate and have a realistic grasp on life that many of the more right wing leaning posters in this forum would find very refreshing.

As for coming over here and taking our jobs, well they will and not just picking fruit either. Why? Because they work much harder than any Brit I have ever met, their education system puts ours to shame and from my experience they're just much smarter than the average person in the UK.

I've spent the last 10 years of my life keeping up with them and its damn hard work. I've got a feeling a lot of people in the UK will have to do the same pretty soon.

Whether they are hard working or not is irrelevant.

You could find people the world over who work harder than the average Brit, should we let them all in as well.

^ No, immigration should be far better controlled in this country in my opinion. The uncontrolled influx of people to the UK is ridiculous, in fact my Bulgarian wife is astonished and disgusted by it more than anyone here.

Any anger about immigration should directed at our government and even more so the previous government.

Don't blame or ridicule the Romanians, Bulgarians, Polish etc.

As for Bulgaria/Romania being a dump. Hahahahaha. Really? REALLY? Utterly stunning countryside, take a walk through the rhodope mountains then get back to me...

One last thing, Romania has had a very close relationship with France for generations and every Bulgarian I've met who wanted to go abroad wants to go to USA or Germany. Why go to a ****y wet cold crowded island off of Northern France?

Same old boring anti immigrant clap trap, no immigration no Brunnell, Churchill, Portilllo ! the list is endless. As for Australia dreaming of having our living standard where did that come from?

Is worrying about jobs and a massively over stretched NHS and public service system pointless?

Whether they are hard working or not is irrelevant.

You could find people the world over who work harder than the average Brit, should we let them all in as well.

Well that depends on how productive you would like our economy to be - improved productivity is a good thing no? And it might just might get the 'average Brit' to pull his socks up.

The problem with the 'average insular Brit' is that they want it both ways, they dont want some smelly foreign types here showing us up and 'steeling' our jobs, yet were happy in the past to ship them over to do the job no one else wanted.... Its was fine for the UK to have an empire, making many folk rich, through exploitation of minerals and commodities from many nations, yet now others have caught up and are trying to follow the 'Western' model, we tell them we dont want them here... hypocracy at its best.

I spent 5 months in Romania in the immediate aftermath of their revolution teaching English to medical students - decent grafting intelligent people (fit ladies) - desperate to see their country advance from an almost middle age rural culture to a modern society. They were prepared to work hard to achieve that and if as a result they have the qualifications, the energy and work ethic that puts the local 'avergae Brit' to shame, then in true ruthless capitalist style, bring them on and lets improve our productivity....

The problem with the Daily Mail mentality over immigration that it focusses on the 5% of freeloaders that come as part of the package - conveniently forgetting the value the vast majority of educated and intelligent folk bring to our economy, let alone our own millions of people happy not to work and live of benefits.

The truth is simply not a big enough story - economically we benefit from immigration - the ONLY reason why some are so against it is a nationalistic prejudice, which too often they are too ashamed to admit.

So in short you are happy at paying a Romanian poor wages?

The lowering of wages and standards of living for any Nationality is bad dont you agree?

A race to the bottom with poorer conditions of service for the working man is what you are advocating, regardless of Nationality the Unions should be striving for better not worse conditions, unlike the Government who actually want to pay the working man less and less whilst driving up their profits and turning the working man against each other.

You calling Englishmen bed wetters concerning immigration and yet Belgium as a Country has been *****ing against each other for years is laughable, what do we get out of Europe?

Please tell me please tell me things we could not negotiate on our own like Switzerland or Norway?

Well that depends on how productive you would like our economy to be - improved productivity is a good thing no? And it might just might get the 'average Brit' to pull his socks up.

The problem with the 'average insular Brit' is that they want it both ways, they dont want some smelly foreign types here showing us up and 'steeling' our jobs, yet were happy in the past to ship them over to do the job no one else wanted.... Its was fine for the UK to have an empire, making many folk rich, through exploitation of minerals and commodities from many nations, yet now others have caught up and are trying to follow the 'Western' model, we tell them we dont want them here... hypocracy at its best.

I spent 5 months in Romania in the immediate aftermath of their revolution teaching English to medical students - decent grafting intelligent people (fit ladies) - desperate to see their country advance from an almost middle age rural culture to a modern society. They were prepared to work hard to achieve that and if as a result they have the qualifications, the energy and work ethic that puts the local 'avergae Brit' to shame, then in true ruthless capitalist style, bring them on and lets improve our productivity....

The problem with the Daily Mail mentality over immigration that it focusses on the 5% of freeloaders that come as part of the package - conveniently forgetting the value the vast majority of educated and intelligent folk bring to our economy, let alone our own millions of people happy not to work and live of benefits.

The truth is simply not a big enough story - economically we benefit from immigration - the ONLY reason why some are so against it is a nationalistic prejudice, which too often they are too ashamed to admit.

A lot of Countries have protectionalist policies on immigration, why not us? Why are we different? How does mass immigration improve the working mans living conditions?

Houses becomes more expensive.

Pension cost goes up.

Social security cost goes up.

Wages are driven down through competition.

Killing ourselves slowly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ttDR3275Y

Quite honestly, if this is the quality of the clacker that is about to come onto these shores, then i suggest Cameron & Clegg kick the barriers down now and get the decent one's in early. All the *****rs can go to Germany. Or France. Just let in Romainian birds that look like this. I cannot see anyone having a problem with this, apart from British doris's who then have to shape up with the competition.

I am not against immigration per se, I work with a guy from the czech republic, couple of poles etc in a very high level field (3 years plus training/ degree education etc)

I think we need to limit the influx to a point where we allow immigration if it is to fill jobs for which we have a lack of expertise but stop it for jobs such as labouring etc

We are already overstretched massively and our benefits system is already bloated to bursting. Lets face it, this is the real reason our immigration levels are so high, because of the NHS and benefits. Id like to see that people need to have contributed a significant amount in income tax before they become able to claim in order to keep things in check.

Obviously the liberals will tell me I have no compassion to my fellow man etc but in reality it is us that will suffer

A lot of Countries have protectionalist policies on immigration, why not us? Why are we different? How does mass immigration improve the working mans living conditions?

Houses becomes more expensive.

Pension cost goes up.

Social security cost goes up.

Wages are driven down through competition.

Killing ourselves slowly.

Typicalll illinformed reaction -

1. House prices are not impacted on by most immigration as most rent with alonger aim of returning to their homelands when they have earned (and paid tax) enough to buy in their ****ry

2. Most never stay until pension age - and if they do, they only qualify because they have PAID IN to the system.... pension cost are rising because we have a rapidly aging population and had a period in the 80s and 90s when many higher tax payers retured at 55 and 60....

3. Social security tends NOT to go up as most young people who come here work - and do not claim. The impact on unemployment is negliable and the levels of immigrats as a percentage of the total claiments is small.

4. Wages are not driven down. I am not talking about unskilled labour - and exploitation of this by unscrupulous BRITISH businesses. I am talking about people with skills doing jobs to the same and better standards than their Uk counter parts. Example: 3 years ago I had a new bathroom fitted. I had 3 inclusive quotes for the plumbing, some minor alterations, tiling and finishing (I had purchased all good and materials) All quotes were teh same in the region of £1500. The only difference was the one froma Romanian guy who would do all himself in 3 days - the 2 british firms estimated 1 -2 weeks depending on when they could get the tiler in and then plumber back to complete. I went with teh Romanian guy who worked from 7 in the morning to 8 at night for 3 days and did an amazing high spec finish. His reason - hes aid he could do 2 fittings in a week and thus save more (AND PAY Twice the tax into our system as the Brits).... I am also talking about nurse, doctors, professionals who expect and receive the same levels of wages as UK folk and pay into teh system - we benefit from that.

I am not against immigration per se, I work with a guy from the czech republic, couple of poles etc in a very high level field (3 years plus training/ degree education etc)

I think we need to limit the influx to a point where we allow immigration if it is to fill jobs for which we have a lack of expertise but stop it for jobs such as labouring etc

We are already overstretched massively and our benefits system is already bloated to bursting. Lets face it, this is the real reason our immigration levels are so high, because of the NHS and benefits. Id like to see that people need to have contributed a significant amount in income tax before they become able to claim in order to keep things in check.

Obviously the liberals will tell me I have no compassion to my fellow man etc but in reality it is us that will suffer

As I have said to Pap on many occasions (whether he listens is another thing altogether) that all people from all political spectrums are concerned about Europe and immigration, my sister in law is French and there are huge problems and have been for years with issues in Marseille and along the South coast, do we really want a powerful right wing party with a real chance of power in this Country like France? Thats what will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ttDR3275Y

Quite honestly, if this is the quality of the clacker that is about to come onto these shores, then i suggest Cameron & Clegg kick the barriers down now and get the decent one's in early. All the *****rs can go to Germany. Or France. Just let in Romainian birds that look like this. I cannot see anyone having a problem with this, apart from British doris's who then have to shape up with the competition.

:o...

And most would agree these seem logoical and reasonable concerns - where there are genuine PRACTICAL reasons for quotas etc, I dont believe anyone has a huge problem - if these can be aplied failrly and without prejudice.

BUt teh reality is actually totally different to what is a common msconception about the 'drain' on infrastructure and resources - its is simply not true that we have 'millions more claiming' - most work and pay tax and NI so qaulify for any social services they receive - which is more than expat retired folk in Spain and France do...

I agree that there should be a system that ensures you only qualify for benefits IF you are paying into the system, with a caveat that yo cant turn ill folk away form medical treatment that is needed - the fact we dont is something that does make me proud of this country.

As I have said to Pap on many occasions (whether he listens is another thing altogether) that all people from all political spectrums are concerned about Europe and immigration, my sister in law is French and there are huge problems and have been for years with issues in Marseille and along the South coast, do we really want a powerful right wing party with a real chance of power in this Country like France? Thats what will happen.

Only because just like here, its easy to blame our economic and social problems on the immigrants and the weak - well in the words of the great Iris Dement song 'Wasteland of the Free' - ''that sounds like some kind of Hitler remedy'' - If enough people remain balanced and seek out the truth rather than listening to the Right Wing propoganda then it wont happen.

Discussion about immigration is welcomed and it is an important and difficult issue - but it can not take place when you have too many with prejudiced and illinformed views on the base don no factual evidence that is spouted constantly by the Daily mail and its ilk