Richard Chorley ?

eurosaint

Haven't heard a peep for ages from the 'Messiah' !

Does this mean that his crusade is over or simply that he is too tight to spend a fiver in order to pen his epic confrontational scribblings ?

(In a strange way I miss it because it was often very entertaining) !

He doesn't need to be tight to post on here, does he? He can make three posts for free. As his posts tend to be long, rather than one liners, he can say quite a lot in three posts.

I'm sure that when he has something relevant to say, he'll say it.

I like what you say Wes, like all of us he's entitled to his opinion. It may not fit well with many of the members but so what? He wears his heart on his sleeve and can shout long and loud. Sometimes we need that to wake us from our reverie!

The thing with Richard, if you have taken a dislike to him, is to try and step back from that. To read what he says and think about it before replying in a knee jerk style.

Ok, so he's wrong at times, like most of us, but at least he's trying to find a way forward for the club.

Not necessarily to everyone's liking, but still giving 100%.

Like I have said countless times. Football is all about opinions and if we all agreed it would be boring. But for people to slate or have a go at named persons is something we wish to stop.

As for Richard, I saw him the other week in town. He is fine, just a bit miffed at Lowe being back but that is his opinion and is the same as many others on here. But was looking forward to the start of the season which is something I think we all have in common :)

I like what you say Wes, like all of us he's entitled to his opinion. It may not fit well with many of the members but so what? He wears his heart on his sleeve and can shout long and loud. Sometimes we need that to wake us from our reverie!

The thing with Richard, if you have taken a dislike to him, is to try and step back from that. To read what he says and think about it before replying in a knee jerk style.

Ok, so he's wrong at times, like most of us, but at least he's trying to find a way forward for the club.

Amen to that - at least RC posts counterbalance the happy clappy "we are going to walk this League because Rupert is playing the kids" brigade.

I think we will go up and yes I am stupid as my wife will confirm and like RC a true supporter. I do not know the guy but what I have read and heard glad he supports the Saints unlike some of the imposters on here. Just my opinion.

I will be at the game tonight encouraging the team that will walk the league.Hope its Saints and not Exeter.

Oh god, we've got a new "brigade" have we? Or is this more of the usual shifting everyone into wide categories to make arguments easier?

I'm yet to see anyone, however stupid, suggest that we'll walk this league. I'm not sure i've seen anyone seriously say they think we'll go up.

Well, just over 11% of those who voted believe we'll gain promotion this year. As for the brigade label, well yes, certainly there are categories of fans on here. There are factions for and against Lowe, those who are pro Lowe but against Wilde and vice versa, those for Crouch and the previous board and those who are heartily fed up with the lot of them. Put me in with the last lot, but with a particular dislike of Lowe and Quisling Wilde.

Haven't heard a peep for ages from the 'Messiah' !

Does this mean that his crusade is over or simply that he is too tight to spend a fiver in order to pen his epic confrontational scribblings ?

(In a strange way I miss it because it was often very entertaining) !

I did not intend this thread to become personal (although anything connected to RC does tend to stimulate ferocious debate!).

My main question is:- after all the reports/meetings/forums etc.. is there still an agenda being pursued ??

Oh god, we've got a new "brigade" have we? Or is this more of the usual shifting everyone into wide categories to make arguments easier?

I'm yet to see anyone, however stupid, suggest that we'll walk this league. I'm not sure i've seen anyone seriously say they think we'll go up.

I think you've taken Tiger's post too literally! There are some who have claimed 'We'll walk this league' albeit tongue in cheek! However we do have others on here, and they are as much entitled to their opinion, for who RL can do no wrong.

So I think Tiger's summing up of Richard providing a balance on the forum is a fair one.

Well, just over 11% of those who voted believe we'll gain promotion this year. As for the brigade label, well yes, certainly there are categories of fans on here. There are factions for and against Lowe, those who are pro Lowe but against Wilde and vice versa, those for Crouch and the previous board and those who are heartily fed up with the lot of them. Put me in with the last lot, but with a particular dislike of Lowe and Quisling Wilde.

There is another category - people who are neither for or against Lowe, but are sick and tired of the anti-Lowe attitudes that have tended to work to the disadvantage of the club and the team. Richard Chorley clearly loves the Saints and he has consumed a lot of his own energy - its just a pity that it isn't better directed. Lowe and Wilde working together is the best we've got until someone better comes along, and since we all want to see the team doing well, people should support their efforts, even if they don't agree with every decision that RL & W make.

There is another category - people who are neither for or against Lowe, but are sick and tired of the anti-Lowe attitudes that have tended to work to the disadvantage of the club and the team. Richard Chorley clearly loves the Saints and he has consumed a lot of his own energy - its just a pity that it isn't better directed. Lowe and Wilde working together is the best we've got until someone better comes along, and since we all want to see the team doing well, people should support their efforts, even if they don't agree with every decision that RL & W make.

Well, there is where you and I differ and many others like me and Richard Chorley beyond any reasonable doubt too. We'll gladly support the team, but that doesn't mean to say that we have to support the two failed chairmen. But you seem to believe that somehow the two things are inseparable. I've made this distinction many times, but you seem unable to grasp the concept for some reason.

You've made this suggestion several times - as a matter of interest, can you actually give any examples? I find it very hard to see that a few people spouting off on an internet forum can have any noticeable effect on either the club or the team.

So, asking where a specific person is isn't personal ???????

Give me a break, mate?

I merely said that we hadn't heard from him lately and wondered what was going on in terms of protest etc..?

It really was a genuine question, given that there was so much passion against the return of RL and now that he is back I am curious to know whether there is still an active agenda ???

Amen to that - at least RC posts counterbalance the happy clappy "we are going to walk this League because Rupert is playing the kids" brigade.

As opposed to the boot boy contingent who seemed to think that nothing but 'hard graft' was required.

As a matter of interest, has anyone seen Crouch at any of the Pre-season friendlies, or at Cardiff?

Crouch went by himself to Cardiff and was on the terraces and he is going to Exeter, driving himself as he has his licence back.

Why are you interested?

Richard is one of lifes unpolished diamonds.

You have to understand that with people like Richard,what they really like is all the meetings and semi-social activity.An actual succesfull outcome would feel like coming down from a high,and would leave them feeling somehow disappointed.

Richard is one of lifes unpolished diamonds.

You have to understand that with people like Richard,what they really like is all the meetings and semi-social activity.An actual succesfull outcome would feel like coming down from a high,and would leave them feeling somehow disappointed.

So basically you are saying hes a bit of a saddo ?

Do you have a word document open when posting and just copy and paste the clichés across?

It's revisionist history time! Or do the clouds of three months past allow you to forget how endlessly pleased the flat-cap brigade were at his mindless ranting on the touchline?

It's revisionist history time! Or do the clouds of three months past allow you to forget how endlessly pleased the flat-cap brigade were at his mindless ranting on the touchline?

The flat-cap brigade being? The middle aged, middle classed fans who speak with a slight farmer accent?

Edited by Scudamore

RC would have more credibilty from me if he gave praise when it's due and posted about things that happen on the pitch.

I don't always disagree with his point of view, but surely he has a comment about the team?

I don't think I've ever read anything from him concerning players, results or tactics.

Perhaps he has a vendetta or political agenda?.... ;)

Edited by Redondo Saint

Mick Channon?

Aha! So the "flat cap brigade" is fronted by Mick Channon! Now we're getting somewhere...

Now who the hell are the "boot boys" ???

Alan Ball perhaps? He wore white boots...and spoke like a young boy...

But he wore a flat cap...

Oh it's all so very confusing!

People don't like him because of some of the language used - almost an anti-Lowe in that respect. But as you and a couple of other have said he can make you think about several things with his posts.

At least he is passionate about his position.

People don't like him because of some of the language used - almost an anti-Lowe in that respect. But as you and a couple of other have said he can make you think about several things with his posts.

At least he is passionate about his position.

No that isn't why people dislike him.

No that isn't why people dislike him.

It's not enough to state "that isn't why people dislike him". You need to explain why.

You could say that it's because despite his wonderful use of the English language and his articluate use of words, imaginary and emotion he still comes across as a man who is actually only interested in his own ego. His own thoughts. His own take on everything and a willingness to express it at every opportunity.

I laugh when I see comments that he is passionate about Saints. He is passionate about himself and no matter how articulate he may be, he offers no more than any other poster on the issue that really matters; getting Saints up the league and out of this awful financial demist that we currently face.

Forget RC. Support the Saints.

It's not enough to state "that isn't why people dislike him". You need to explain why.

You could say that it's because despite his wonderful use of the English language and his articluate use of words, imaginary and emotion he still comes across as a man who is actually only interested in his own ego. His own thoughts. His own take on everything and a willingness to express it at every opportunity.

I laugh when I see comments that he is passionate about Saints. He is passionate about himself and no matter how articulate he may be, he offers no more than any other poster on the issue that really matters; getting Saints up the league and out of this awful financial demist that we currently face.

Forget RC. Support the Saints.

I have explained it enough times and people just ignore it. I can't be bothered to go over old ground, especially when RC is not here.

You've made this suggestion several times - as a matter of interest, can you actually give any examples? I find it very hard to see that a few people spouting off on an internet forum can have any noticeable effect on either the club or the team.

Quite right that comment on here makes no difference, but it doesn't stop here. If there are anti-Lowe chants etc at the SMS it undermines the supportive attitude in the stadium that helps give the team home advantage. Anti-Lowe opinions may have cooled recently on here, but are still deeply held by many fans in the city.

The outcome of the last campaign was Wilde's replacement of Lowe in 2006, at the worst possible time preventing Burley from building the squad ahead of the new season.

Personally, I am not particularly pro-Lowe, but I do believe we need to oppose the anti-attitude because it will do the club no good if Lowe walks away, not until we have someone better willing to take over.

Quite right that comment on here makes no difference, but it doesn't stop here. If there are anti-Lowe chants etc at the SMS it undermines the supportive attitude in the stadium that helps give the team home advantage. Anti-Lowe opinions may have cooled recently on here, but are still deeply held by many fans in the city.

The outcome of the last campaign was Wilde's replacement of Lowe in 2006, at the worst possible time preventing Burley from building the squad ahead of the new season.Personally, I am not particularly pro-Lowe, but I do believe we need to oppose the anti-attitude because it will do the club no good if Lowe walks away, not until we have someone better willing to take over.

If only? Burley was the man!!

He is a man united fan who likes local politics,no more no less to it.