Scottish Police - We are being watched

Viking Warrior

No its not paranoia before some one suggests it

I had grampian police speaking to me on the phone this morning, they sent me an email wanting to speak to about

my recent experience at Aberdeen Airport , when they searched me to see if I had been smoking.

At the time I thought it was the Northern Constab turned out to be Grampian Police.

The grampian police told me that the Northern Bods had seen my post on the Saintsforum and they in turn passed it onto The grampian police , They wanted to speak to me as part of customer relations and the concerns I raised in the thread on this site

Either someone on here is a Saints Fan who works for the Northern Costabulary or they monitor various forums

I did asked how they new about the forum and he said the do google type searches to see if anything is being said about the police and came acroos my name and the saints forum comments

For the MOds are they allowed to do this sort of surviellance?

I had grampian police speaking to me on the phone this morning, they sent me an email wanting to speak to about

my recent experience at Aberdeen Airport , when they searched me to see if I had been smoking.

At the time I thought it was the Northern Constab turned out to be Grampian Police.

The grampian police told me that the Northern Bods had seen my post on the Saintsforum and they in turn passed it onto The grampian police , They wanted to speak to me as part of customer relations and the concerns I raised in the thread on this site

Either someone on here is a Saints Fan who works for the Northern Costabulary or they monitor various forums

I did asked how they new about the forum and he said the do google type searches to see if anything is being said about the police and came acroos my name and the saints forum comments

This is absolutely chilling!!!

Were they reasonable?

How did they get your phone number

Anything you post on the internet is "out there". Somebody searched for my name once as some work due diligence thing and got a comment I wrote about club legends and Francis Benali.

Personally I actually think that this is quite good, especially as they didn't come around and tear gas you but asked about your experience - fair play to them

Anything you post on the internet is "out there". Somebody searched for my name once as some work due diligence thing and got a comment I wrote about club legends and Francis Benali.

Personally I actually think that this is quite good, especially as they didn't come around and tear gas you but asked about your experience - fair play to them

Ah - the key bit being the phone number look up - that's actually slightly worrying unless you have a FB account called Viking warrior and your number on that or something equally "out there"

MFI want to talk to you as well...:rolleyes:

Is that one of those special services?

Sorry just double checked............Do you still want that natty kitchen unit you were interested in..;)

ottery...behave...this is serious shiiit:blush:

Mind you....IF anyone upsets me on this forum :rolleyes:..........

I will give their name and fully details to both Grampian and Northern Constabularly

and say said poster bad mouthed them...:p

I will also tell my mum...BE WARNED SAID POSTERS..:D

Edited by ottery st mary

Straightforward internet searching, software picks up any reference to whatever you set it to. GCHQ don't spend 650 million a year for nothing. Sort of Government Auto Google if you like. All electromagnetic communication forms are monitored.

So were they conciliatory?

LOL you wait til they bring the communications data bill in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20677850

In all seriousness they are perfectly entitled to do it because you've posted it in the public domain and Google is a powerful tool my friend. As someone above has said their probably contacting you more out of concern than out of anything else so don't worry about it. It's interesting that Northern have felt the need to pass it on to Grampian - it's possible that someone at Northern didn't think much of how you were treated from your description and some digging is occurring on the search itself and the officers involved.

Just to confirm, this had nothing to do with me and I have no links to anyone at Northern or Grampian.

This was the original thread.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?42150-Heavy-Handed-Northern-Constabulary-Any-Lawyers-on-here&highlight=aberdeen

I think the police is really good. I've always thought that. I also like the government. I wish they'd charge me more taxes. It was only the other day when i had to put Tokyo-Saint right cos he was saying the filth was a bunch of jumped-up self-important pr!cks who were probably bullied at school and think they're something special walking round with giant blue boobs on their head. He probably needs watching.

Ah - the key bit being the phone number look up - that's actually slightly worrying unless you have a FB account called Viking warrior and your number on that or something equally "out there"

Seriously?

I know most people think the police are pretty stupid, but it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to work it out! Viking posted which day it was that he was 'accosted' by the po-lice. He also posted roughly what time [iIRC] and also which airport he was at when it happened.

Now I'm only guessing here, but I don't think that the po-lice at that particular airport were involved in many of these incidents on the day in question - I'd be surprised if they had more than two! Viking also stated that during his 'accosting' he had to give the po-lice his details, which they would have recorded in their little pocket book thingy's. It therefore would not be that hard to give the copper in charge a call, find out the details and then phone Viking!

People need to stop making a drama out of a crisis! I suspect they were calling for Viking's feedback, which is actually much better than them ignoring it altogether, as it gave Viking the chance to explain why he felt he was harshly dealt with!

They got my email address and sent me an email wanting to speak to me and asked for my phone number to speak to me which I emailed back. The police sgt was fine . He was concerned that they might have searched me when I was half dressed . Obviously I said no but suggested this whole saga might have been handled a little less heavy handed . He accepted my suggestions . I advised the police that they have a job to do . He said the two officers said we assisted them in the process and that the other person and I were unfortunately innocent and in the wrong place at the wrong time and had they have got there sooner. They would have got whoever was smoking . Still I have put it down to experience . These things happen

Jeez VW you should go to a Cyber Security conference some day. Now THAT will scare the bejeesus out of you.

An agent so small that anti-virus cannot spot it can be hidden in a pdf or a word document.It can be buried in a link in facebook. It can record keystrokes, it can report IP Address and hence location, it can even use your web cam to take a picture of you, oh and it will even record your skype calls.

It's been used for ages and now is coming into commercial life.

Anything you type anywhere can be found and read by anyone. It's just what they wish to do with it that you should worry about.

You were "being apologised to" count yourself lucky

Phil

I know the internet can be a big source of intelligence. Im not too worried at least the Saints web forum is gettin g massive exposure.

I think my real concern is that I am am supporting the Michael Roos review of his conviction for murder when he was 15.basically I am on a forum for Michael Ross is innocent . There are concerns which I support, that certain members of the Northern Constabulary in Orkney need were allegedly less than honest in their cold case review and the way they obtained a written statement from a local drunk 15 years later. My suspicion is that site is definatley being monitored and maybe that gave them a link to my saints forum.

They have apologised so as I said earlier. Take the search on the chin and move on . At least I know I am a law abiding citizen apart from a speeding offence in 1988. Hideous crime I know