More of a ball-man than a ball-boy

Galapagos Saint

More of a ball-man than a ball-boy. Bit of mountain out of a mole hill, but still feckin funny. Would understand if it had been a 9 year boy and a hartson-berkovic head kick, but it's a toe-poke under a bloke who looks like he's just rolled out of a welsh boozer.

Torres would've missed him, Cole would've shot him & Terry would have ****ged his mother!

Turns out the ball-man is the son of a Swansea director worth 42 million squid! The Chelsea squad even stayed at his hotel. Check out the full story: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/swansea-ball-boy-charlie-morgan-made-twitter-boasts-he-would-time-waste-8464600.html

When my local team played Monaco in the Cup we gave the ball-boys (U13s that day) very specific instructions. If we're winning take as much time as possible, if we're losing get the ball back straight away. We put the 2 fattish goalies on duty behind the goals so that they'd take more time to go and fetch the ball from the high jump pit areas.

When my local team played Monaco in the Cup we gave the ball-boys (U13s that day) very specific instructions. If we're winning take as much time as possible, if we're losing get the ball back straight away. We put the 2 fattish goalies on duty behind the goals so that they'd take more time to go and fetch the ball from the high jump pit areas.

I was a ball boy at St Marys about 10 years ago, all they said then was just give it back to the nearest player. Maybe we were missing a trick...

It makes no difference, 9, 19 or 90 years old nor whether anyone thinks that he deserved what he got. He got kicked in the ribs and Hazard had to go.

Quite right, but Hazard does not deserve an extraordinarily long suspension.

Some pundits have been comparing this to Cantona's kicking a spectator and suggesting Hazard should be suspended for a similar period .. was it 8 games? IMO, this was not as serious an incident. Ball 'boy' was being deliberately obstructive to waste time and Hazard reacted as he would have done if it had been an opposition player holding the ball, trying to kick the ball from him , and not being careful about whether he kicked ball or the man. Cantona made a deliberate lunge -- 2 footed as I recall !

Red card yes, but only a normal suspension.

More of a ball-man than a ball-boy. Bit of mountain out of a mole hill, but still feckin funny. Would understand if it had been a 9 year boy and a hartson-berkovic head kick, but it's a toe-poke under a bloke who looks like he's just rolled out of a welsh boozer.

Torres would've missed him, Cole would've shot him & Terry would have ****ged his mother!

Turns out the ball-man is the son of a Swansea director worth 42 million squid! The Chelsea squad even stayed at his hotel. Check out the full story: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/swansea-ball-boy-charlie-morgan-made-twitter-boasts-he-would-time-waste-8464600.html

I wrote that on a Chelsea fan I know's wall this morning.... We could know each other :suspicious:

Yep. Defo red card - think of a foul on the pitch, when the player who fouled goes down and prevents a quick free kick etc. Even the slightest kick at that player by the guy who was fouled would be a red. But no extra suspension in this case. Pretty sure the Dad was embarrassed too, hence the rapid apology

Hazard didn't touch him, he kicked the ball out from underneath him, and the ball "man" played a blinder, even putting his arm up and shouting "ref"! Clearly been watching too many overseas players play acting.

The tv shot from the other end of the ground would suggest that he missed the ball and hit his ribs. I guess the assistant ref had the best view.

From all the showings of the incident I've seen on Sky News, it doesn't look like Hazard touched him; or at least, certainly not enough to have hurt him. I'm sure I even heard that there isn't a mark on the scrote.

Also, I agree, he is far from a 'boy'. We have had numerous players younger than him in first team during recent years, and when I was his age I had been serving in the RN for more than a year.

However, Hazard was stupid and rightly got a red. If I was him I would now be wishing I had really kicked the little sh!t!!