Dummy Taped To Baby's Face: Worker Suspended

trousers

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/apology-dummy-taped-babys-face-141951584.html#eKpV0UF

A scandal-hit NHS trust has suspended a member of staff after a four-month-old baby had a dummy taped to his face at a hospital. Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust, which is already at the centre of a public inquiry into serious failings of care, apologised, said the boy had not been harmed and police had begun an investigation.

A spokesman for the Staffordshire force confirmed officers were investigating a complaint about the treatment of a youngster by a worker at Stafford Hospital earlier this month.

Colin Ovington, director of nursing and midwifery at the trust, said: "A member of staff has been suspended pending the outcome of the police investigation and the trust's investigation under our disciplinary policy.

"We cannot emphasise strongly enough that this incident is exceptional and apologise again to the family.

"We want other hospitals to learn from this incident so that we can be sure that it does not happen to any other baby."

Worker suspended? FFS....sack the dozy twonk on the spot. Give me strength....

And then you get: "We want other hospitals to learn from this incident so that we can be sure that it does not happen to any other baby."

Yeah, quick, communicate this to all other staff so it doesn't happen again....erm....suggestion....how about not employing people that don't need to be told not to tape a dummy to a baby's face in the first place? :facepalm:

Rant over.

But harsh having a go at an employer because an employee does something idiotic.

It was the fact they "want other hospitals to learn from this" that is most alarming.... why do other hospitals need to learn from it if its an isolated incident. Suggests to me that they don't have a lot of faith in the people they've employed. Either that or its a meaningless platitude.

Anyway, just a rant so excuse the irrational back drop behind my post :)

It was the fact they "want other hospitals to learn from this" that is most alarming.... why do other hospitals need to learn from it if its an isolated incident. Suggests to me that they don't have a lot of faith in the people they've employed. Either that or its a meaningless platitude.

Anyway, just a rant so excuse the irrational back drop behind my post :)

Maybe learn from the incident ie be More vigilant and put more in place to prevent idiot employees doing things like this.