Post FA cup moans by managers

Viking Warrior

I see both Rodgers and saggychops are blaming their fringe and young players

for letting their clubs down loosing to Oldham etc

Sorry why do managers have a go at the team. It was the manager who picked the team

if they wanted to win the game they should have picked their strongest team not berating the players they selected

As for Chelski. Given Brentford almost beat them , Do you think if we played brentford they would have inflicted a much heavier defeat on us than chelski 6-1 or was that just a blip in our season?

funny you should say that Alain...

The R's boss made nine changes to the side that drew 1-1 in the Premier League with West Ham last weekend.

But he was concerned that the team, which included seven internationals, did not take their chance to shine.

"Surely they're entitled to beat a team from two divisions down? It tells me I need to improve the squad," he said.

"That is why I have gone all over Europe these last three weeks trying to improve the squad because we are short."

funny you should say that Alain...

Typical selective Journo editing.

What 'Arry ACTUALLY said was

"That is why I have gone all over Europe these last three weeks trying to improve the squad because we are short of airmiles to be able to get an upgrade for me & Rosie on our summer hols"

All the players used are in their respective teams' Premier League squads, and therefore should be good enough to play in the EPL. Same with Saints, if due to injuries or suspension we are forced to pick Tadanari Lee or SDR as starters we'll no doubt bemoan our fate, but they are well paid to warm the bench.

Remember a couple of seasons ago when we hosted Blackpool in the FA Cup and HollowHead fielded a 'weakened team', but nobody commented on the number of changes Saints made to their starting 11.

Redknapp is a broken record. He tried the same "no depth" line when Saints lost to Mansfield.

Basically he just wants the owners to dip into the transfer market so he can buy Rosie a new collar....

Yeah I remember that well... I went to that game. 'Arry was apparently under pressure from Lowe to pick some of the lads coming through from the youth team, so he deliberately picked a weak squad of youth-team players and reserve seniors (Neil McCann amongst others) so when they inevitably lost he could prove a point to Rupert.

It still to this day boils my blood to think that this chancer was ever given the Saints job in the first place, and more so when I think about the disgraceful way he conducted himself during his tenure.

Yeah I remember that well... I went to that game. 'Arry was apparently under pressure from Lowe to pick some of the lads coming through from the youth team, so he deliberately picked a weak squad of youth-team players and reserve seniors (Neil McCann amongst others) so when they inevitably lost he could prove a point to Rupert.

It still to this day boils my blood to think that this chancer was ever given the Saints job in the first place, and more so when I think about the disgraceful way he conducted himself during his tenure.

This was the final straw for me in wanting Redkrapout of SFC. He picked the side, chose the tactics then publically slated the youngsters in the press.

Absolutely unacceptable behaviour from the saggy faced gob****e.