Practical jokes/wind ups gone wrong at work (or elsewhere)

Thedelldays

I underestimated the power of Gumtree a few years back -

Put a number of items for sale (Bird cage + Bird, Giant pencil, fish tank ect) for sale at bargain prices/ free. Gave my mates work number as a contact and thought it would be hilarious to witness a few calls.

My mate / collegue recieved over 250 calls over the next few days and was not amused.

not quite gone wrong...but it was hillarious anyway......

Some years back a new lad joined the boat, he was a likeable chap but a bit of an Essex wide boy, giving it large, calling everyone 'Geez' etc. Like I said he was a good lad. Unfortunately for him, he'd been put on a section with Richie, a disgusting warfare rating with an unhealthy obsession with guns, hygiene problems and a mouth full of Sugar Puffs instead of teeth, of which he was VERY self conscious. A guaranteed way of him kicking off was to give him **** about the fact that his mouth looked like a vandalised Cemetery.

However Richie was not a man to be fuked with, he'd kick off in a second and of all the people I ever met in the RN, he's one that I'll be least surprised to see on the front page of the papers one day, having brassed up a school or something. I fondly recall him leathering a lad with the mess phone and drawing blood, simply because he wasn't as much of an Oasis fan as he was.

Anyway, day two and me and Essex lad are milling around on the jetty, Richie is the other end of the jetty ditching rubbish or something. The Essex lad then remembers that he needs to tell Richie something, a message from the Chief perhaps? I don't remember, anyway something urgent that requires Richie's attention.

Essex lad starts shouting in Richie's direction "Oi Geez!.......Mate!.....Oppo!.......Geezer!" Clearly he has forgotten Richie's name, he has only been onboard a day after all. He turns to me and says "here mate, what's that geezer's name again?" Before I could think through my actions, my inner koont took over and I replied "Oh him? Yeah we call him 'Teeth' that's his nickname."

Everyone on the jetty, including the skipper (who was having a quick ciggy) then winced as the newbie started shouting at the top of his voice "Oi Teef! Yeah Teef! Come here mate, I need to talk to you teef...TEEEEEEEF..?"

I think that experienced scar'd the newbie for life.....

I did the classic zoo trick on April Fool's day. Did it to one of our tech support boys over in Ireland. He would enjoy the going around and fixing ladies' computers. Left a note telling him that a Penny Gwyn had phoned and left the number to Belfast Zoo. Fell for it.

Tons of fun to be had with computers too. Swapping someone's mouse buttons around is a top one, as is taking a screenshot of the user's desktop before spiriting all their shortcuts into another folder. Recycle bin is literally the only thing they can use.

Shortly after starting my training contract we told a colleague that a "young professionals" networking evening organised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants was fancy dress (it was close to Halloween). He showed up as a vampire in face paint and a cape to find everybody else in suits.

We accountants are so rock and roll...

Before online dating was super popular I reeled in a woman at work who was always winding people up. I devised a dating email address sent a few 'contacts' through and started mailing her from a contact. Of course I was loaded and used to play for Aston Villa! Lol. Even got her phone number, but couldn't take it further than that.