Solve this parking dispute

jawillwill

If you park on a road which has a single yellow line running down it, and has this sign at various points along the road, am I right in thinking that you are allowed to park there for an unlimited amount of time on a weekday evening after 6:30pm (assuming you move it before 8am) as long as you are not obstructing anything else?

Untitled0_zpsb34e9208.png

I'd like to win the argument I'm having about it.

Out of geekish interest, double yellows don't always mean "at any time". Strictly, they mean "more than the working day" so check the signs. Sometimes you can park on double yellows at night. That is all.

Is that like using stamps to get on the bus? Like officially you can do it but it isn't going to work in real life and you'll end up walking home. Is it one of those sorts of rules?

Is that like using stamps to get on the bus? Like officially you can do it but it isn't going to work in real life and you'll end up walking home. Is it one of those sorts of rules?

I know a useful street in Shrewsbury where it applies. Often park there after 6pm. Never had a ticket.

I know a useful street in Shrewsbury where it applies. Often park there after 6pm. Never had a ticket.

Probably don't have traffic wardens in Shrewsbury especially after 6pm. Try and pull that Sh!t in London and you will have a Nigerian and Polish bloke taking your number plate down before you have even turned off the engine. ;)

This is what you'd call a traffic restriction order.

At some point, local residents have moaned about people working locally parking cars in their street.

We have one in our street, dating back to the days when Plessey was big business. Totally defunct now, as the place is shut down - but - you are in the right. You can park there anytime outside the stated hours without sanction.

How do I know? One of my neighbours has been grassing up people from outside the street that violate it. I had a rather "Flower Estate" conversation with him about that stance.

This is what you'd call a traffic restriction order.

At some point, local residents have moaned about people working locally parking cars in their street.

We have one in our street, dating back to the days when Plessey was big business. Totally defunct now, as the place is shut down - but - you are in the right. You can park there anytime outside the stated hours without sanction.

How do I know? One of my neighbours has been grassing up people from outside the street that violate it. I had a rather "Flower Estate" conversation with him about that stance.

In shirley ?