Richard 111

Viking Warrior

I have been very interested since the discovery of bones under a carpark in leicester.

Now they have confirmed they are Richard 111's, well done University of Leicester.

Im looking forward to seeing the programme about the carpark bones on channel 4 tonight

Anybody else remotely interested in this particular archaeology find?

I bet Tony Robinson and Mick Ashton are kicking themselves for not being involved.

What history have we got in southampton thats been covered by car parks.

It was indeed an interesting find, and has prompted me to delve a bit more into the history of that time. (I like history.)

However, one thing for sure is that history is (and always has been) written by the victors. For example, I doubt Richard III was exactly how WS portrayed him.

I have been very interested since the discovery of bones under a carpark in leicester.

Now they have confirmed they are Richard 111's, well done University of Leicester.

Im looking forward to seeing the programme about the carpark bones on channel 4 tonight

I bet Tony Robinson and Mick Ashton are kicking themselves for not being involved.

No idea but I believe the consensus is that there is a new car park planned in Fratton to cover up some dodgy history

I am very interested in history and have read several books on Richard III over the years. Josephine Teys "Daughter of Time" is an excellent read. Whilst not a history book as such it has a policeman who is in hospital and while he is there he decides to look into the history of Richard. I am really looking forward to the programme tonight to see what other finding/conclusions that they come to.

http://www.richardiii.net/index.php

Edited by miserableoldgit

The excavation of the car park was on one of the history channels last year, they said then it all tide in more or less with what history they had, They were hoping DNA would confirm it was **** the Terd,

FFS! d.i.c,k the Turd :rolleyes:

Edited by mack rill

I'm a massive history fan, but I'm not really sure what these old bones can tell us of any interest? Obviously a bit of kudos for the team that discovered them though.

I'm a massive history fan, but I'm not really sure what these old bones can tell us of any interest? Obviously a bit of kudos for the team that discovered them though.

One skeleton or bone doesn't make a difference. The data from excavated skeletons are used in national databases on census, life expectancy, general health and so forth.

High time to do DNA tests on the two boys bodies found some years ago behind walls in the Tower of London to see if they were indeed the true sons of Edward IVth and not illegitimate as proclaimed by Richard's supporters So many other mysteries of our past to untangle.

It must be real, I've seen it on TV - and it was even in colour!!!!

Very first episode of Blakadder: Richard III won the battle of Bosworth but was then accidentally killed (case of mistaken identity) by Edmund Blackadder, Duke of Edinburgh, the youngest son of Richard IV.

But, I'm sure you already knew this.

High time to do DNA tests on the two boys bodies found some years ago behind walls in the Tower of London to see if they were indeed the true sons of Edward IVth and not illegitimate as proclaimed by Richard's supporters So many other mysteries of our past to untangle.

Although the many fans of Richard III will vehemently disagree, on the balance of probability methinks he did probably do the dirty deed.

Hero or villain, finding him after all this time is a truly remarkable historical discovery. I saw last night that the archaeologist who dug him up accidentally put a pickaxe through the old kings skull - he was long past caring but the stuff of nightmares for her!

I do not believe it was questioned whether they were his sons only there legitimacy. A DNA test may prove there his sons it wont prove there legitimacy.

I do not believe it was questioned whether they were his sons only there legitimacy. A DNA test may prove there his sons it wont prove there legitimacy.

Living overseas and rarely talking English I tend not to put across too well, what I'm trying to say. You are right as it seems Edward wasn't married to their mother at the time. I see, however,that Henry VII, who married their sister Elizabeth of York, had Parliament declare all Edward IV's children legitimate

Seems requests have been named a number of times but the Queen together with Westminster Abbey have refused. The reason seems to be that if they turned out not to be the two princes, what would they do about reburying the bodies.