Favourite/Least Favourite Film Genre

110_Persaint

One of the most overrated films in history. What people see in it I do not know. Slow-moving, boring, blatantly fake, today ridiculously outdated, and about as scary as Pooh Bear.

Really ? Personally find it to be one of the scariest films I have ever seen. Doesnt always need buckets of blood and gore you know. Horror movies work on the individuals deep-seated phobias, so each of us finds different things scary.

One of the most overrated films in history. What people see in it I do not know. Slow-moving, boring, blatantly fake, today ridiculously outdated, and about as scary as Pooh Bear.

Serious question, did you ever see Alien in the cinema?? I had to sneak in as I was far too young :D

Big difference between watching Alien in the cinema and on a TV IMHO

While I try to digest the stunning news that Ridley Scott's sci-fi/horror masterpiece 'Alien' is in fact a load of old rubbish (!) I will add that Film Noir is undoutably my favorite all time film genre. There's just something about a hopelessly doomed leading men in a Fedora that I find immensely appealing for some reason. Science Fiction, War Films, the better sort of Children's Films, Cowboys, Thrillers, Courtroom Dramas, Horror (but not the Slasher or Zombie sub-types) Fantasy and silly old comedies such as Laurel & Hardy, Abbott & Costello or even the Marx Brothers I also enjoy more than I should probably admit.

Although as you can see I'll watch almost anything given the time, I must admit (if you've not got a girl on your arm) the prospect of a 'Chick Flit' romantic comedy doesn't exactly fill me with joy.

Serious question, did you ever see Alien in the cinema?? I had to sneak in as I was far too young :D

Big difference between watching Alien in the cinema and on a TV IMHO

I've had a chat with my future father in law about this subject, we agreed that at the time of release Alien was probably a very scary film as there was little else like it. Naturally as generations change we become more immune to the things we see. Personally I don't find it the least bit frightening, and by today's standards its a pretty average film TBH.

As a man bought up on the action films of the 80's it's fair to say I prefer the sequel by a country mile.

• 2 weeks later...