QPR - Tony Fernandes

ToreSF

I'm absolutley amazed that Tony Fernandes isn't criticized more by the QPR fans. In this he is basically saying QPR is a branding tool for him and his other businesses: http://video.ft.com/v/2147684337001/Asean-progress-provides-a-boost

Also, it was him and his board that appointed MH and HR, and gave the go to all their bad signings. Would have hated him if he was here.

I went to the same school as his daughter and him many years earlier. She was a few years below me though and one day when I went back to the school as my brother had won a couple of awards at prize giving, lo and behold the guest speaker was Tony Fernandes. He gave a speech for about 20 minutes or so and it was the most insightful, well constructed, impressive and actually very funny speech I had ever heard. This is why I find it hard to believe that he runs the club in quite the way that he does and flogs twitter so much. I can assure you he's no mug having bought Air Asia for £500,000 by selling his only asset at the time, his house, and turning it into a global leader. But despite all this some of his behaviour is fairly puzzling.