Divorce Solicitors

Hatch

Been through it last year. I am a solicitor and there is a matrimonial solicitor in my firm that I used but I am based up in Leicester. She is a Rottweiller though and eats kids for breakfast. Probably too far for you but let me know if you are interested as most matrimonial work can be done via phone and email - face to face not really necessary. Horrible bloody process though and the quicker you can get it done the better - for your sanity and your pocket. Let me know if you want to chat.

I need one,

anyone been through this so that they can recommend ?

or are you one?

I'm based in Chandlers Ford , so local preferred but not essential.

( if they are a right nasty bastard , that would help :x )

Don't bother. Take Oscar's approach.

Hatch, I've been divorced twice. One thing I would always recommend is mediation. If you can agree a settlement via mediation then go to a solicitor with the proposal it will save you a fortune.

Also, you will be getting advice from anyone and everyone, but your situation is unique to you so do what you think is right.

As I am now one of those giving advice, all I can say is don't do anything you'll regret later.

Chin up

Hatch, are there children involved in this unfortunate position?

If there are not, I have invaluable advice.

PM me if this is the case.

3 girls. all of whom currently living with the devil, but want to live with me, but she is fighting it.

3 girls. all of whom currently living with the devil, but want to live with me, but she is fighting it.

Sounds like it's going to get nasty then, make sure you get better representation than your soon to be ex.

My brother in law and his ex both wanted custody of their daughter, it got really, really unpleasant. The ex got custody but the fall out was so evil that she ended up topping herself.

Feel for you Hatch, have been through it as well and it is not a nice experience. Stick with it mate and try to keep the girls away from all the fallout.

Can't recommend anyone as I no longer live down that way but I am sure there are plenty here who have experienced the same grief and can recommend decent solicitors.

went for a divorce in the UK as can't do it in Philippines and non resident in Dubai where ex is living, When the lawyer found there was nothing to divi up he wasn't interested finding all sorts of excuses to do nothing. In the end I did it all myself, the ex wife got nothing and I got to keep the kids. so it is possible to keep it cheap. and get the right result.

Going through it at the moment. Best advice I can give is keep the kids away from all the nastiness (I have 3 boys who live with their mum but I'm hoping one day will choose to live with me). My lawyer is Sousa Richards in Southampton and we are using Lamport Bassitt for the mediation (beware though we have only had 3 mediation sessions and already racked up a bill of £1000)

cheers guys,

the divorce is not the bad thing, I'm ok with that, its the (messy) finances and child arrangements that need agreeing.

will consider my options.

Just try to keep it civilised and try to agree between yourselves. Inevitably there will have to be compromise on both sides.

As much as possible try to keep solicitors out of the equation - if things get nasty they will be the only winners in the situation.

My kids were over 18 at the time of my divorce which made things easier, but my ex and I sat down together and filled out the forms and sent them in to the court. It was all as painless as possible.

As a side effect I am still good friends with my ex and I think my grown up children appreciate that.

Hatch, I've been divorced twice. One thing I would always recommend is mediation. If you can agree a settlement via mediation then go to a solicitor with the proposal it will save you a fortune.

Excellent advice - same here, agree between the two of you (get a friend who's a joint friend if need be) and agree who has what and how the finances will be sorted. Pension etc needs sorting. Get it agreed in principle between both of you and you'll save a hell of a lot of money.

If you get solicitors involved at the outset then you'll be paying through the nose for something you could agree between the two of you. Bite your tongue, talk to her, get an agreement before you both go to solicitors.

Key piece of advice is you're doing this for the kids and not for you and the ex. Whatever comes up, whatever happens, the kids can not suffer. Make sure the b*tch suffers but not to the detriment to the kids.

Edited by Tractor_Saint