HMP Aylesbury

Thedelldays

As proven by the fact he then did it again!

And what about the Police/CPS not prosecuting them?

Apparently they refused as the victim was too scared to give evidence. Firstly, it's a sad place when people can be intimidated so badly, but secondly there was loads of other evidence anyway, not least a camera crew being right outside the cell.

I didn't think it was too cushy for most, the loss of liberty & loved ones seemed to impact on the 90%, but those hardened criminals (inc three protagonists in the cell kidnap) were taking the ppss.

What would they have got on the outside for their actions???

I would have added another few years & made sure their original sentence was served in full (no discounts as they certainly weren't well behaved, nor remorseful). Plus it would have been served in solitary as they couldn't even fit in in prison life, let alone back on the streets.

The thing a lot of you don't realise and don't see from watching a heavily edited TV programme is that these people have nothing. Many dont have friends, Come from broken or disfunctional families, have had no education and grown up in an environment where crime is second nature and been surrounded by it all their lives. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and condemn these people telling us all how soft prisons are. I'm not quite sure what some of you want, daily flogging and whippings with the guards beating them if they so much as speak at the wrong time? This isn't Somali or Victorian Britiain. They have been punished by being there and losing their liberty. Once in prison it should be about rehabilitation, learning skills for life and understanding why they committed crimes so they don't so it again. What you all don't realise is that these people often come out of prison with their £47 given to them on the gate and nothing else, end up in hostels still surrounded by other criminals which are often worse than prison themselves only with a relatively free reign to do what you want.It's no wonder they quickly go back to committing crimes when they have no skills, in many cases can't read or write and have no chance of a job. It's difficult getting a job these days anyway, imagine telling an employers you've just come out of prison!!! So you all judge them from behind your computers in your comfortbale homes and tell us all how easy prison is and crime pays based on an hour of an edited programme without knowing the true story or bigger picture.

Edited by Turkish

I thought the too cushy comments were sarcasm, maybe not. I didn't think it was cushy. It looked fookin dangerous to me.

As they stated, 90% of the prisoners give them no problems but they don't make 'good' telly.

I just found it depressing mostly.

I don't know the answer to it either. Perhaps it is massive doses of corporal punishment? Perhaps it's all they understand. Education? I didn't look to me as if he was interested in any of that.

If they get to that age and are still like that then I think the whole system has failed them.

Perhaps the do-gooders of this world need to take a step back and really punish these people at an early age, short sharp shock.

WTF do I know

Yes it looked dangerous. I get that

Just shocked how wishy washy the system appeared...

Smoking in their single rooms ffs. I mean, come on

The lads who kidnapped, threatened, intimidated, stripped naked and threatened to rape someone got a whole 30 day sentence. Jesus Christ

Another bit that made me chuckle was when some lad refused to go back into his cell unless the TV (that he smashed) was replaced... And he had some female officer going "ah, please go back to your cell. We don't want you out here".... FFS

These lads know exactly how soft the system is. And just keep playing it...

iMO these places should be more like a military prison... Where the re-offending rate is almost 0%.... There is generally a reason for that

Edited by Thedelldays

The thing a lot of you don't realise and don't see from watching a heavily edited TV programme is that these people have nothing. Many dont have friends, Come from broken or disfunctional families, have had no education and grown up in an environment where crime is second nature and been surrounded by it all their lives. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and condemn these people telling us all how soft prisons are. I'm not quite sure what some of you want, daily flogging and whippings with the guards beating them if they so much as speak at the wrong time? This isn't Somali or Victorian Britiain. They have been punished by being there and losing their liberty. Once in prison it should be about rehabilitation, learning skills for life and understanding why they committed crimes so they don't so it again. What you all don't realise is that these people often come out of prison with their £47 given to them on the gate and nothing else, end up in hostels still surrounded by other criminals which are often worse than prison themselves only with a relatively free reign to do what you want.It's no wonder they quickly go back to committing crimes when they have no skills, in many cases can't read or write and have no chance of a job. It's difficult getting a job these days anyway, imagine telling an employers you've just come out of prison!!! So you all judge them from behind your computers in your comfortbale homes and tell us all how easy prison is and crime pays based on an hour of an edited programme without knowing the true story or bigger picture.

This - and I dont often say that about Turkish's posts

Anyone else watch that

How soft is that place???

Smoking in their single cells

Very wishy washy

Super stuff.

You've needed a new hobby for ages. Being jealous of prisoners is a great one. Requires very little outlay and no thought.

What's going on Turks? That post was pretty decent, well thought out and pretty much on the money. Has your account been hacked?

It sounds like he has some personal experience, not sure what side of the door though. He definitely hits the mark though, rehabilitation and prison education are both ****.

Where am I jealous

Time to leave this thread. Comrade pap has arrived

"Wah wah, prisoners get to smoke in their single cells." (paraphrased and slightly mocked)

If you're that bothered about it, go do enough crime ( but not too much ) to get yourself some cushy clink time.

"Wah wah, prisoners get to smoke in their single cells." (paraphrased and slightly mocked)

If you're that bothered about it, go do enough crime ( but not too much ) to get yourself some cushy clink time.

I think he'd only be interested if he got a free laptop. After all, everyone else in the world does, according to the gospel of St Jamie

I think he'd only be interested if he got a free laptop. After all, everyone else in the world does, according to the gospel of St Jamie

The funny thing is that I know a good number of people in the forces that would probably be in nick if they hadn't signed up.

Don't often agree with Turkish but this 100%.

Lol at DullDays for thinking that having your own room and being able to smoke equals a life of luxury. What a nut job.

To be fair, might be part of the forces mentality. Those boys have considerably less in the way of home comforts, especially on subs where space is at a premium.

From his perspective, having spent years having to listen to his shipmates whack off in adjacent bunks, a prison cell and a ciggy could be akin to the Hilton :)

I always wonder that those who want to 'hang em high, have tougher prisons, sentance, public floggings Daily Mail types' who like to suggest that prison is no longer a deterant to criminals should amybe look at those countries that have death penalties, hidous **** holes, torture and the toughest prisons and look at the crime figures - they are no different and as Turkish points out, crime figures are usually linked to the levels of poverty and social condition/background...yet naturally this is ignored as wet liberalism.... The only way to deal with crime is at the root cause, rather than sticking a plaster over symptoms.

Yes its difficult to comprehend just how some people can committ some of the hideous things they do at the extreme end - the murderers, rapists and paedos etc, but even they started out as innocent babies - what went wrong and how these people grew up needs to be understood and fixed... in a decent society, you dont ask for harsher sentances to try sweep it all under teh carpet, you ask what has driven young people into crime and try and address it.

I can see both sides. I still think an extra thirty days onto a sentence for kidnapping etc is a joke.
the thing is, if you give him another 3 years it makes them even more desperate and have less to lose the next time.

Iam far from a lily livered liberal, but i do feel very sorry for a lot of those lads who have never had a true family life. Some are bad lads and whatever you do you cant help them, but if my dad had been murdered when i was 6 years old i may have been very screwed up. Society needs to try and stop disfunctional people having kids.

I didnt think it was cushy, every minute you are out of the cell you are under threat of severe violence, with people who really do know how to handle themselves, and used to fighting a lot of their lives. A very dangerous environment to be in.

Got a relative in there, never been in trouble before, stitched up by his mate, was threatened with 8 years if he pleaded not guilty but found guilty by a jury, plea bargain hoped for non-custodial but got over 4 years. Completely devastated the family and I can assure you it has been far from easy.

Unfortunately the guys featured are hardened criminals, grown up with it and will spend most of their lives inside, 3 square meals a day and a lifestyle they won't have on the outside.

Got a relative in there, never been in trouble before, stitched up by his mate, was threatened with 8 years if he pleaded not guilty but found guilty by a jury, plea bargain hoped for non-custodial but got over 4 years. Completely devastated the family and I can assure you it has been far from easy. Unfortunately the guys featured are hardened criminals, grown up with it and will spend most of their lives inside, 3 square meals a day and a lifestyle they won't have on the outside.
that is my point...i have no doubt (as said on the programme) that 90% of lads in there pretty much try to keep their heads down and get their time done....but when you have some yardie, bragging about stabbing people and being a rude boy and having the rap sheet to back it up....stood their smoking in his single room....or some idiot who has no intention of playing by the rules being begged almost to come back into his cell (as he wont till they replace the TV he smashed)....gives out a poor impression IMO.......

that is my point...i have no doubt (as said on the programme) that 90% of lads in there pretty much try to keep their heads down and get their time done....but when you have some yardie, bragging about stabbing people and being a rude boy and having the rap sheet to back it up....stood their smoking in his single room....or some idiot who has no intention of playing by the rules being begged almost to come back into his cell (as he wont till they replace the TV he smashed)....gives out a poor impression IMO.......

A typical DD climb down. Fair enough - its a better position to hold.

100% agree Turkish

the thing is, if you give him another 3 years it makes them even more desperate and have less to lose the next time.

Iam far from a lily livered liberal, but i do feel very sorry for a lot of those lads who have never had a true family life. Some are bad lads and whatever you do you cant help them, but if my dad had been murdered when i was 6 years old i may have been very screwed up. Society needs to try and stop disfunctional people having kids.

I didnt think it was cushy, every minute you are out of the cell you are under threat of severe violence, with people who really do know how to handle themselves, and used to fighting a lot of their lives. A very dangerous environment to be in.

Nail on head.

Nail on head.

I actually quite liked OldNick's post apart from that one piece. I just took it for a throwaway comment, and didn't bother pressing him on it.

Given that you seem quite sure about the need to do this, perhaps you'd like to expand upon your ideas. Who would make the call on whether someone gets a free (and mandatory) state sponsored sterilisation? Would it be normal people like yourself? Working people? Medical professionals?

This is the problem with so called right-wing thinking. There is none. It's largely unsubstantiated hatred and ignorance, tied to a political view that actively seeks to capitalise on the ignorance of its adherents.

Working great so far. Country is full of hateful morons.

I actually quite liked OldNick's post apart from that one piece. I just took it for a throwaway comment, and didn't bother pressing him on it.Given that you seem quite sure about the need to do this, perhaps you'd like to expand upon your ideas. Who would make the call on whether someone gets a free (and mandatory) state sponsored sterilisation? Would it be normal people like yourself? Working people? Medical professionals?This is the problem with so called right-wing thinking. There is none. It's largely unsubstantiated hatred and ignorance, tied to a political view that actively seeks to capitalise on the ignorance of its adherents.Working great so far. Country is full of hateful morons.
oh god...paps off calling everyone right wing.....so political comrade pap

oh god...paps off calling everyone right wing.....so political comrade pap

You are exactly the sort of person this divide and rule sh!t works on Jamie. Expect to reach the end of your life having learned precisely nothing.

Been around and probably experienced this earth more than you ever will.

I could give my dog a copy of the Oxford Dictionary, leave it for a decade and STILL have more insight about that book than my dog after ten years of canine study.

My point? You may have travelled the world, TDD, but judging from the insight offered in your posts, I could probably write what you've actually learned on my cock. In large print. And I'm not a big man.

Guess Turkish deep down is good old liberal, notwithstanding the fact that he knocks half the liberals on here for their lily-livered and mealy-mouthed liberalism.

Far from it. However having had first had experience of the system it doesn't work. I also know that for every complete ***** that is in there there is also a person who has made a mistake that they would never do again and has their lives ruined because of it. I also know from my own experience that whilst my life is in a pretty good place now and has been for a few years its nothing to do with any support I had in prison or help addressing the issues I was supposed to have had when I went in, in fact of anything it's inspite of this.

Serious question Turks - how were you 'rehabilitated'? Was it fear of going back cause it was so bad, training you did there enabled you to do something else, you just grew up or a mixture of them all?

None of them, I'll answer in more detail later, I actually have work to do today!

Far from it. However having had first had experience of the system it doesn't work. I also know that for every complete ***** that is in there there is also a person who has made a mistake that they would never do again and has their lives ruined because of it. I also know from my own experience that whilst my life is in a pretty good place now and has been for a few years its nothing to do with any support I had in prison or help addressing the issues I was supposed to have had when I went in, in fact of anything it's inspite of this.

And not everyone who's been inside will have had the awareness to think about what it all means.

A lot of the difference between left and right ultimatelt boils down to issues of responsibility: who is responsible for actions -the individual or society- and what should be done about it -punish or assist. Someone on the right will attribute problems to the individual and rule out the possibility that people can be dealt s****y hands and be victims of wrong time wrong place - which is enough for them to deserve their lot. I guess that's not where you come from.