Why you shouldnt leave a game early!

influx

Reminds me of the Newcastle game at the Dell, 3-1 was it?

Ha! ironically I had to leave that game early! I was just a youngster at the time, at the match on my own and my last bus left minutes after the 90 were up. I had to leg it on 89 mins or something. As I was running to the bus stop I heard cheers. It was a bitter sweet feeling and I cursed blue line solent for it.

I left a game at The Dell early...ONCE.

I think it was reasonable...we were losing 0-5 versus Leicester. I'd been stood in the uncovered Archers Road end for the whole game in the pouring rain and after Peter Shilton scored for Leicester I felt I just couldn't take any more. With 5 minutes to go I walked out only to miss our only goal of the game, scored by Big Ron.

I've never done that again.

Similar to Tokyo Saint, I once left a game on the 90th minute as we were losing 0-1 and if I dashed down to Town Quay I might just catch an earlier ferry south. Heading away from The Dell I heard a big cheer and guessed we must have scored. And the match? Well, it was probably the most significant late, late equaliser the Saints have ever scored.

January 3rd 1976 FA Cup 3rd Round v Aston Villa ...

Only ever left one game early.

When we lost 4-1 down at Fratton Park.

Left after about 3 minutes.

A couple of plod left with me as well, and were kind enough to hold my arms for me.

I did this at half time at home to Man City at the dell in the late 80's early 90's, and we were 1 down, but returned for the last 10 minutes, and our 2 goals for a 2-1 win.

****ing hell seems like a lifetime ago, and the only time I have been thrown out of a game. Have come very close a couple of times.

My ex-boss is from Manchester.

He left the England V Greece game seconds before the Beckham free-kick.

As an avid City fan for many years he heard about their greatest ever achievement on the way back home, having left Eastlands at 2-1 with a few minutes to go.

:facepalm:

I had a piece published in the programme 10 years ago about this subject. My youngest daughter always called the migration of the "ants" at 40 minutes for beer and 85 to escape the rush. We played Man U on the last day of August 2003 it was a 2pm kick off for pay per view. There was absolutely no sound reason to bail early, but as the clock clicked from 84:59 to 85:00 my daughter called the exodus. The game was poised at 0-0 on 88:00 Le Saux put in a corner, Ormerod distracted Howard and Beattie rose majestically to nod the ball into the net, the roar was immense those walking away from SMS must have been gutted!!