Wayne Thomas

alpine_saint

Surely his day are numbered too after his exclusion tonight and Lancashire's inclusion ?

This youth policy is getting obsessive, though maybe Poortvilet simply doesnt rate him.

Is he on high wages ?

I thought the same! He was an unused sub on Saturday yet doesn't make the squad tonight. Seems a pretty clear message to me.

Surely his day are numbered too after his exclusion tonight and Lancashire's inclusion ?

This youth policy is getting obsessive, though maybe Poortvilet simply doesnt rate him.

Is he on high wages ?

Against Stoke his timing was well off. He went for numerous CH type challenges and on quite a few occasions got nowhere near the ball. It really was a worry.

Had reasonably high hopes when he arrived. Howver the Burnley Manager at the time, Steve Cotterell?, seemed to indicate the deal was a great one for Burnley (Stoke had previously offered £200/£300k)

Burley paid a reported £1m with possibly wages at £8/£10k a week.

Thomas was absolutely abysmal against Stoke.

However he has strength and experience and will need replacing by someone with same attributes but is not basivcally sh-te.

Looks like he's another one who is heading for the exit. Shame really because he's good back up for both CB and RB, but perhaps he feels he should be able to command a first team place.

I thought he looked shaky at times in just about every game he played for us and if the combination of Killer, Perry, Davies and Lancashire, with occasional help from Wooton is good enough for us, then losing him won't be a massive concern. I just hope we can get some money in for him and are able to spend some of it on strengthening elsewhere.

Looks to me like

Svennson played his first game in 3 years how is he reacting?

Perry is playing tonight and Thomas is our only other experienced cover at CB.

Don't see ANY reason to go into tonights game with our ONLY two fit CB's and risk a potential disaster on Saturday in case MS isn't fully happy.

Looks wise to me at the mo

As mentioned in another thread, I've heard Thomas is actually training away from the first team at the minute and that his future at the club is very much in doubt.

In truth I think we could do with hanging onto him. Whilst it's good to see the likes of Lancashire included in the squad, we do need some more experienced players, especially in defence. Thomas isn't the best defender we've ever had by any means, but he provides decent cover and that's something we don't have much of if we get one or two injuries.

As mentioned in another thread, I've heard Thomas is actually training away from the first team at the minute and that his future at the club is very much in doubt.

In truth I think we could do with hanging onto him. Whilst it's good to see the likes of Lancashire included in the squad, we do need some more experienced players, especially in defence. Thomas isn't the best defender we've ever had by any means, but he provides decent cover and that's something we don't have much of if we get one or two injuries.

Agreed. The last thing we need is a repeat of the CB problems we had at the start of last season.

I think Wotton will play at centre back at times this season - one of the reasons we signed him is that he can cover all along the back 4 and in central midfield

Thomas et al are almost certainly being left out to prevent them being cup tied

we just can't afford to pay their wages for any longer than we have to

It's all very well saying sell him and replace with a better player , but what happens if we sell him and don't sign a replacement ? - as is extremely likely IMO . Isn't this football club running enough risks already without adding to the list . :confused:

While we're on the subject I don't agree that he's such a bad player in the first place .

He is useless. Get rid even, if on free and I dont care if we get a replacement. We are just paying him to be a useless oaf at the moment.

I have noticed your location and ask how you can come to your scathing

view on him unless of course you do travel down every week to watch

saints play, if you do, i take my hat off to you as it must be hell of a journey

each time.

Well, I like the idea that we're playing more or less team as we did on Saterday. We're trying to create a team here. So therefor we play those that are the future/best players or atleast those players that we think will benefit our club the most in the long run.. I guess Thomas doesn't fit in either of these categories.

I have noticed your location and ask how you can come to your scathing

view on him unless of course you do travel down every week to watch

saints play, if you do, i take my hat off to you as it must be hell of a journey

each time.

Granted I am judging largely on a couple of games, Saints TV and matchday commentary. Still entitled to a view though, you can just chose to ignore it if you disagree.

Looks to me like

Svennson played his first game in 3 years how is he reacting?

Perry is playing tonight and Thomas is our only other experienced cover at CB.

Don't see ANY reason to go into tonights game with our ONLY two fit CB's and risk a potential disaster on Saturday in case MS isn't fully happy.

Looks wise to me at the mo

Indeed.

I am also wondering if this indicates that Killer is more "sore" than we are led to believe, and Thomas is being saved for Saturday..

Granted I am judging largely on a couple of games, Saints TV and matchday commentary. Still entitled to a view though, you can just chose to ignore it if you disagree.

So how can you call him useless and an oaf?

Bit OTT from someone who admits to seeing little of the guy.

If you don`t want a reaction,why post on a forum?

Forums are for debate.

Indeed.

I am also wondering if this indicates that Killer is more "sore" than we are led to believe, and Thomas is being saved for Saturday..

Still doesn't make sense, you would think JP would rather get Thomas and Perry playing together before Saturdays and if he was worried about injuries then why is Perry playing today? Perry if anything would be more important than Thomas in Svenssons absence.

So how can you call him useless and an oaf?

Bit OTT from someone who admits to seeing little of the guy.

If you don`t want a reaction,why post on a forum?

Forums are for debate.

So what makes him a good player in relation to the wages he is believed to receive? Please enlighten someone who doesn't get to see the saints as often as he would like.

So what makes him a good player in relation to the wages he is believed to receive? Please enlighten someone who doesn't get to see the saints as often as he would like.

"Believed to recieve" = no proof.

As far as i am concerned he is no worse than any other,not as good as

Killer or Davies but pretty good back up.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC