Nobody touch the dog

Saint_clark

Just because we domesticate cats and dogs: Is it really any different to boiling lobsters alive to eat? Or farming mink? Or slaughtering pigs and cows for food?

Or are 'we' better than the Chinese because we slaughter animals a bit more humanely?

Hypocrites.

Just because we domesticate cats and dogs: Is it really any different to boiling lobsters alive to eat? Or farming mink? Or slaughtering pigs and cows for food?

Or are 'we' better than the Chinese because we slaughter animals a bit more humanely?

Hypocrites.

Fwiw I've never liked boiling lobsters or agreed with wearing animal fur, but there is a huge difference between what they are doing and us slaughtering animals as quick and painlessly as possible.

Hypocrites.

Cluesless if you're going to compare a lobster to a dog FFS.

Obviously if you're going to slaughter animals for food, efforts should me made to ensure that there is minimal suffering up to death, no one is saying any different just because they are dogs.

However, dogs aren't the same as farm animals or seafood, they are infinitely more intelligent and sensitive. Ever seen a lobster or a sheep guide a blind person to their daily shop or assist with a search and rescue? Thought not.

Obviously if you're going to slaughter animals for food, efforts should me made to ensure that there is minimal suffering up to death, no one is saying any different just because they are dogs.

However, dogs aren't the same as farm animals or seafood, they are infinitely more intelligent and sensitive. Ever seen a lobster or a sheep guide a blind person to their daily shop or assist with a search and rescue? Thought not.

Ok, because lobsters may be slightly less intelligent than dogs, it's ok to boil them alive but not dogs. What other life forms would you say it is acceptable to boil alive or kill? Is there a sliding scale based on our perception of their intelligence? Or is it just animals that can be useful to blind, deaf or otherwise imperfect humans than should not be killed?

Ok, because lobsters may be slightly less intelligent than dogs, it's ok to boil them alive but not dogs. What other life forms would you say it is acceptable to boil alive or kill? Is there a sliding scale based on our perception of their intelligence? Or is it just animals that can be useful to blind, deaf or otherwise imperfect humans than should not be killed?

Where have I said it's ok to boil anything alive?

Just saying that there is a distinction between a lobster and a dog. Next you'll be telling us all that anyone who has ever squatted a fly is a hypocrite for being shocked by that video.

I'm always amazed at how emotional some get over the mistreatment of animals, yet are quite nonchalant regarding abuses of humans and the treatment of their fellow man, woman or child, irrespective of which part of the world it occurs in.

Obviously, i am not referring to any posters on this thread (before anyone jumps), just a general observation, like.

What about pigs? They are highly intelligent.

What about pigs? They are highly intelligent.

I'm not advocating stuffing pigs into tiny crates, hitting them or burning and skinning them alive either.

They are intelligent but have not been a produce of man in the same way domestic dogs have been where they have been breed for centuries for the sole purpose of being compatable and co-habitate with man.

Ever seen a lobster guide a blind person to their daily shop or assist with a search and rescue? Thought not.

Selfish bastards, lobsters.

I kicked a bird once when i was a little kid. It made me feel bad. I never hurt animal again!

Selfish bastards, lobsters.

I kicked a bird once when i was a little kid. It made me feel bad. I never hurt animal again!

Exactly Bearsy, what has a lobster ever done for us? I doubt whether even a single newspaper has ever been picked up and lovingly placed on it's lazy owners lap in the morning by a shelfish (lol) lobster

Dogs are f8cking great and are in no way comparable to lobsters. I take 2 dogs to work with me each day and regularly playing football with them (they play the Pochettino pressing game and I am usually forced into the long ball game). I much prefer dogs to humans or bears. They are the most loyal and honest animals around, miles better than fecking taxi drivers. Come back when you can do any of the those things with a lobster.

Those on Twitter please Tweet this link to people in positions to influence public support to end this atrocious inhumane treatment of animals in China. During 20 years living there I witnessed many cruel treatments towards animals, but this is horrific. Thanks Saint_Clark for posting and bringing awareness to us all.

Hypocrites.

I am an animal lover and wont watch that video as things like that distress me and get me wound up, are we better than the Chinese as we slaughter animals more humanely? I think we care for animals more and respect thier lives more yes.

The slaugher or culling of an animal and their right to a painless and dignified death is paramount, sadly China cares the same about it citizens , most of Asia is completely backward when it comes to animal rights.

Most lobsters now (I dont eat such things as its still cruel and you cant trust them all) are chilled and then a knife is put into the crease an inch or so down from the top of their shell, who said it was ok for any animal or sealife to die a painful and undignified death?

From the smallest to the largest ALL animals deserve respect, I simply do not understand your stance.

Edited by Barry Sanchez

From the smallest to the largest ALL animals deserve respect, I simply do not understand your stance.

not spiders tho surely barry? i draw the line at spiders. Sometimes when i stomp a spider i leave it on the floor as warning to the rest of them. Dumb fvvckers don't seem to be getting message tho!

I'm always amazed at how emotional some get over the mistreatment of animals, yet are quite nonchalant regarding abuses of humans and the treatment of their fellow man, woman or child, irrespective of which part of the world it occurs in.

Obviously, i am not referring to any posters on this thread (before anyone jumps), just a general observation, like.

Because humans are capable of the highest cruelty, what has an animal done but be unfortunate to share the same planet as us?

A man made problem is a man made solution, we just simply do not want to take the harder path, if you refer to the plight of the Africans in the Congo, Somalia and the like, those issues could be resolved very quickly indeed but it would be deeply unpopular as it would be seen as a white man invasion again, empathy for humans?

Yes I give money to a number of charities every month but I have far more empathy for an animal and their lack of rights, afterall if we dont stick up for them who will?

not spiders tho surely barry? i draw the line at spiders. Sometimes when i stomp a spider i leave it on the floor as warning to the rest of them. Dumb fvvckers don't seem to be getting message tho!

Flaresy

Even the smallest mate, pick it up and put it outside love thy neighbour and all that.