The Proposed Deer Cull

Miltonroader07

Well, they were once this Island's top animal. They prayed on Deer and us - so yes, a great idea to reintroduce them, but with people getting all stuffy about Foxes eating babies, how will they cope with a big angry dog!?

Personally I think hunting Deer should be more acceptable. If there are that many here, why is Venison still such a stupid price?

Is Venison a silly price? As we have so many on our place, I get it for a price of a bullet. We sell it to the game dealer at £1/lb for sika, muntjac and fallow. £1.20 for roe and red (I think!) As we have very few Chinese water deer, not sure what price that gets. We are over run with deer, especially fallow. The Forest is so busy with people and dogs, they move off on to our patch to get a bit of peace and quiet. We have some fields that we don't sow any more as the deer eat more than half of it. I am being literal here - it's not a bit of nibbling, the field is completely bare. The big problem in a few years will be the muntjac as they reproduce all year round - ugly bastards who cause a lot of damage, but they are good to eat.

A human cull would also be good, although I am not going to volunteer.

Maybe we should bring the tigers and lions in danger in Africa to the New Forest.................. ****ing bring it on

There are no tigers in Africa Milton

Fuuuck. According to Dig Dig you're too late Milton. Good thought though.

Maybe we should bring the tigers and lions in danger in Africa to the New Forest.................. ****ing bring it on

i do enjoy watching the Lions getting mauled regularly by the Bulls and the Sharks here. We don't have tigers, obviously, but you knew that anyway.