Need investment

Dr Who?

As you know, I am trying to launch my own business, and I am trying to think of ways of gaining investment for advertising, and perhaps opening a shop, and a branch in Southampton. As well as this I am looking to invest in packaging and delivery nationwide, as well as continuing to buy equiptment and tweaking the website.

I was thinking if everyone on here gave a donation of £1 - £5 I would go a long way to achieving my goals. Even though this may seem a little cheeky, would be a great way for the Saints web to sponsor a business.

Please take a look at the website and the facebook page below.

If you want to donate then please send to paypal simplycheesecake@hotmail.co.uk with your name or user name, and I will think of a way of rewarding, and putting the name somewhere within the business.

I seriously want to make a go of this business, and open a shop in Southampton in the future.

https://www.facebook.com/Cheesecakesim

http://simcheesecake.weebly.com/index.html

Cheers lads :)

I am looking for investment too. I really want to go on a round the world trip for the next 10 years and it would be a great way of spreading the SOuthampton way round the world. I promise i'll wear a saints pin badge when i'm swimming with Dolphins in Bali, shark diving in Cape Town and Gorilla trekking in Rwanda. I really want to make a go of this and a small donation of say £50 per poster would go along way to helping me achieve my goals

I'll promise to post the pictures on here when i get back and you can also see how you've funded my dream

Dontate here at turkish@livingthedream.com all i need are your bank or credit card details

http://www.facebook.com/helpingTurkishlivethedream

http://livingthedream.turkish.com/roundtheworld5yeartrip

Cheers lads. :p

You're going to get any money from here, the idea in it's self is mental. You might sell some cake but that's it.

If you have any questions about business, setting up etc, you can PM me and I will do my best to answer or at least point you in the right direction.

I am looking for investment too. I really want to go on a round the world trip for the next 10 years and it would be a great way of spreading the SOuthampton way round the world. I promise i'll wear a saints pin badge when i'm swimming with Dolphins in Bali, shark diving in Cape Town and Gorilla trekking in Rwanda. I really want to make a go of this and a small donation of say £50 per poster would go along way to helping me achieve my goals

I'll promise to post the pictures on here when i get back and you can also see how you've funded my dream

Dontate here at turkish@livingthedream.com all i need are your bank or credit card details

http://www.facebook.com/helpingTurkishlivethedream

http://livingthedream.turkish.com/roundtheworld5yeartrip

Cheers lads. :p

None of your links work mate ;)

120 views I have had and £55, thanks lads :)

You're going to get any money from here, the idea in it's self is mental. You might sell some cake but that's it.

If you have any questions about business, setting up etc, you can PM me and I will do my best to answer or at least point you in the right direction.

There is a page in Private Eye, which are just 'begging letters' and they get money as well. Well they all have a cause. There are some rich people out there that just do not mind giving. Not many, but a few.

Unbelievable! People will give money to anything (no offence doc, just I didn't imagine anyone would part with their cash). I meant what I said about business advice by the way, if you have a specific question PM me, if I can help, I will.

No one has given any money to my investment request to fund my 10 year holiday. :(

If I'm reading this correctly i give Dr. Who some money and I don't even get any cheesecake?

If people want to give me money, i am also willing to not send them cheesecake.

At least tokyos business when you give him money he ships over geisha girls to ur home addresses. Some of them is even post op!

If I'm reading this correctly i give Dr. Who some money and I don't even get any cheesecake?

If people want to give me money, i am also willing to not send them cheesecake.

At least tokyos business when you give him money he ships over geisha girls to ur home addresses. Some of them is even post op!

I am so sorry about that bear, we did read your request but something went wrong and a couple must have slipped the net. You will of course be refunded for any missing dinkles.

One quick word of advice - you may struggle to gain buyer confidence with a Weebly/Freewebs style website and Hotmail address. A .co.uk domain and related email address shouldn't cost more than about £15 for 2 years from the likes of 123-reg.co.uk and make a big difference if you're serious about giving the business a go. Adding a business address to the footer is equally helpful.

Also I notice that customer testimonials are a bit hidden away in the blog section. That stuff's really useful and ought to be featured on every page, or at very least given a spot on the homepage. Hope you don't mind me sticking my nose in - I'm a web designer and it's my job to get clients' sites converting traffic into sales.

Good luck!

That's good advice. Register your business, get a domain name, run your email through gmail so you are drwho@cheesecakes.co.uk or whatever.

Next decide how you want to go forward. Who are you selling to? Are you selling to the public? Are you selling to other businesses? I personally would rather sell to business as I hate the public. If it costs next to nothing to make some cake, make some small portion sized ones and give them to small independent coffee shops and bakeries to sell. Give them a good sized sample and say they are free, all I ask in exchange is some feedback. Make up a feedback questionnaire and get 15 minutes of the owners time. The worst that can happen is you find out you can't make cheesecakes and at least you can stop. It is likely you will get more good feedback from commercial sources and maybe even a few orders. You can do all of this in your spare time and it will only costs you £200 or so for the ingredients, phone calls and petrol to drop them off.

You might also want to get some leaflets printed to go with the samples to show your range.

sorry tokyos. sorry everyone. i dunno what I'm doing here. I don't even like cheesecocks.

i wish u maximum success dr. who in these endeavours. I am sure u will be great success as long as you steer clear of tokyos business advices!

Cortese is flush from the GG's, and Saintsfoundation has just been given a grant which peed off the council, so maybe approach them? "Hello uncle Nic, I would like to make cakes, and want free monies, here is a picture of a cake give me money".

You haven't even got the Cleavage of that cake girl from the awful E4 american cake 'comedy' to fall back on.

Looks lovely stuff, I notice your delivery charges over 10miles at 30p per mile. This of course will limit your customer base dramatically. I assume you will have to target small delis etc to stock them around the areas, as I doubt people will pay 15 quid delivery.