Coming together now!

CHAPEL END CHARLIE

There's still a long way to go of course, but with her bow in place and her forward bridge structure craned aboard just last week the future HMS Queen Elizabeth - the largest warship ever to be constructed for the Royal Navy - is now making visibly good progress towards her completion date in 2016.

s300_IMG_2037.jpg

I have my reservations regarding the choice of aircraft this huge ship is due to operate. For that matter I also question whether we will be able to afford enough fixed wing aircraft to allow these two carriers to ever fulfill their full potential. Nevertheless, even in her semi-complete state this ship is already an impressive sight, and its good to see we can still conceive and execute such 'grand designs' in this country.

The way these carriers are being assembled is akin to attempting to complete a immensely complicated 60,000 ton jigsaw puzzle - lets hope every piece fits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhR30Ewt1f8

it is for prestige only IMO. Perhaps to protect the Falklands but we will never be a force in the Indian ocean again. The Indians and Chinese will build the ships that will dwarf our navy.

I assume we have the smaller ships to support and defend this moving target?

it is for prestige only IMO. Perhaps to protect the Falklands but we will never be a force in the Indian ocean again. The Indians and Chinese will build the ships that will dwarf our navy.

I assume we have the smaller ships to support and defend this moving target?

I am ready and waiting for the call.....:)

my trusty old kayak is a match for anyone.:rolleyes: