Fernando and Nelson confirmed...

Ponty

Good to see Alonso staying put. He should challenge for the title next year. Piquet I can take or leave. Been pretty disappointing IMO, but it was his first season.

Mmm, I believe it was him or promote Di Grassi or Grosjean from GP2. Considering NP ran Lewis to the very last race in his GP2 season there's no argument he's a talented driver. I hope this season was just rookie nerves. TBH he wasn't bad for a rookie, it's just that Lewis raised the bar so much last year, for noobs, that most will pale by comparison.

Looks like were going to have a whole grid of famous names next season, what with Piquet, Rosberg and Senna possibly having drives.

Any other old stalwarts got sons in lower competitions?

Damon Hills son won something this weekend....maybe in a few more years.

Ferrari have reversed that trend of late, and it's probably why they lost the WDC this year. Conversely, it's probably why they won the WCC... Swings and roundabouts.

But if Ferrari would have chosen one top driver at the beginning of this season they surely would have gone for Kimi? And since Kimi in the end wasn't even close the only reason they were in the race for the WDC until the last race was because they had two top drivers?

Anyway, what odds can I get for Alonso to be WDC next year. With the last races of this season and Alonso's ability to develop he's my favorite.

In these times of financial problems why do teams bother with a second car / driver ?

The 2nd bloke seems like a waste of money as to me most teams appear to have one

really good driver, the 2nd guy seems to be selected only because he is nowhere near

as good and so of course will not upset the over paid "star"

Because in a lot of the cases, they are bringing money into the team. And they could have talent, but are serving an apprenticeship for a season or two to learn the ropes of F1.

Edited by gaz