Swedish football - early season update.

8 games into the 30 game season here, and predictably the West Coast teams are starting well.

Gothenburg suddenly looking like their old selves (after last seasons dismal showing) are on top along with Helsingborg, and Malmö.

Newcomers Mjällby are putting up a good showing as are unbeaten 2012 champions Elfsborg, although they are a little goal shy at present and have drawn 4 of their 8 so far.

Little to crow about in Stockholm however, with the one time Pride of Stockholm - Djurgården making a start worst than Saints did last September, and had only 1 point from their first 6 games and with a -16 GD.

Then they managed to scrape in a couple of unconvincing 1-0 wins last week, but are still the bottom of the pile. AIK (Solna) the other " local " side have picked up a few points more but don't look a very exciting outfit at present.

Newly promoted sides Syrianska and Brommapojkarna are a bit higher in the table, but still looking for some consistancy in form.

It's still a long way to go and historically, things often change dramatically after the mid-season break at Midsummer (June 21).

Edited by david in sweden

Do you watch much of Norrkoping? They're my Swedish team and I love watching them play... :)

I ended up working with one of the Norrköping players who played against saints over 2 legs in 1982. I dug out the programme which had a profile of him in it and gave it to him..he was chuffed to day the least.He scored a pen v Roma in the next round :-)