David McGoldrick

Saint Charlie

The same people who knocked KJ seem to think DMG won't make it in the CCC. IMO given the opportunities he could get 15+ goals this season.

But I will say he is a confidence player. Hopefully he'll get better throughout the year.

Silly comparison to make, as in Jones' first season with us he was utter sh*te. So any criticism was fully justified.

Silly comparison to make, as in Jones' first season with us he was utter sh*te. So any criticism was fully justified.

Yes he was rubbish but did show aspects of his game and improved quite a lot the following season and the point I was making was that there was room for improvement which he proved.

Interesting that he took the pen tonight, I wonder if he was appointed in advance or just fancied it as he had scored already ?

Just back from the game and behind the goal in question. He himself was going down the right of the penalty area when he was brought down. He held onto that ball for dear life refusing first John then Surman and then Wotton.

But give him his due he had the confidence to place a very good pen into the corner. His first goal was very very good as well.

Just back from the game and behind the goal in question. He himself was going down the right of the penalty area when he was brought down. He held onto that ball for dear life refusing first John then Surman and then Wotton.

But give him his due he had the confidence to place a very good pen into the corner. His first goal was very very good as well.

What did you think? did we play well? any stand out performances? ta

I think he could quite easily score 20 odd goals this season...he'll certainly get chances...and he can score all kinds of goals...not just 8 yarders like Rasiak...plus the kid has a bit of pace about him and a decent football brain....and finishers's instinct.

What did you think? did we play well? any stand out performances? ta

We played very well in patches but allowed Exeter at times to play too much.

Some of the youngsters are very good on the play and some great interplay with triangles etc. but we lack experience which obviously will come.

Two main points to highlight that are Spiderman and Mighy Mac who are both very good and will only get better.

Spiderman played centre Back first half and lacked guile/strength experience of handling strong strikers. He played much better second when returning to his role with Gillett in the middle. Wotton at centre Back showed how it should be done.

Mac was centre Forward until the second half when he moved over and John showed how to play the role holding up the ball taking the battering and still laying off.

Mac plays much better coming forwards with the ball as his very good goal showed.

I will sit down and reel out a quick summary of the game and the players give me 5.

We played very well in patches but allowed Exeter at times to play too much.

Some of the youngsters are very good on the play and some great interplay with triangles etc. but we lack experience which obviously will come.

Two main points to highlight that are Spiderman and Mighy Mac who are both very good and will only get better.

Spiderman played centre Back first half and lacked guile/strength experience of handling strong strikers. He played much better second when returning to his role with Gillett in the middle. Wotton at centre Back showed how it should be done.

Mac was centre Forward until the second half when he moved over and John showed how to play the role holding up the ball taking the battering and still laying off.

Mac plays much better coming forwards with the ball as his very good goal showed.

I will sit down and reel out a quick summary of the game and the players give me 5.

Thanks. Good news that JP has found a way to work John into the team. Hope he stays. We'll need more than just McGoldrick.

Thanks. Good news that JP has found a way to work John into the team. Hope he stays. We'll need more than just McGoldrick.

There is no doubt in full flow we are going to be a good side and hard to stop.

Bart needs to gain confidence which only games will do. Having said that he made some very good saves. Forecast was on the bench and apart from the warm up with Webster hard to tell.

James and Surman worked very hard and both improved as the game wore on.

Spiderman as stated ..not at the back but back in the middle.

Perry has the experience and the reading of the game but as with Wotton in the second half needs the big centre half to attack the ball..

Wotton is good to have around as he is strong and versatile middle or at the back. Made first goal for Holmes.

Gillet never stopped working/grafting but better with Spiderman in the second half when we started to put many more moves together.

Thomson is good and will get better but not his night attacking really but with Dyer we have options and like Dyer on his day will roast some defenders.

Lallana had a quiet first but came into his own second working very hard and soooo good on the ball. TOP MAN.

Mac as discussed with John in some games, good to have both around.

He scored a very good goal running at the defence and tucking it away and also gained the pen which he took very well.

As stated would keep John as he has that old fashion centre forward thing and did seem up for it. The centre backs new about it when he came on.

Holmes to me is an old fashioned winger wide with good ball control dribbling etc and like many of the others will get better. In fact the whole side is a very good team at times but with certain areas requiring a bit more polish.

I agree with Ponty, he'd been pretty sh*te up until pre-season but he's found something that's really got him going (big fat bonus at the end of the season perhaps?). Just what we need, a young, hungry player who is out to prove himself. Could work very well playing just behind Stern John as he looked quite weak playing as a lone striker against Basingstoke (albeit a lot has changed since then).

----------John-----------

-----Lallana--DMG-------

I agree with Ponty, he'd been pretty sh*te up until pre-season but he's found something that's really got him going (big fat bonus at the end of the season perhaps?). Just what we need, a young, hungry player who is out to prove himself. Could work very well playing just behind Stern John as he looked quite weak playing as a lone striker against Basingstoke (albeit a lot has changed since then).

----------John-----------

-----Lallana--DMG-------

Weak in that he only scored three against Basingstoke? :rolleyes:

Do we have a specific song for him yet?

I vote...

Old McGoldrick scores a goal, e i e i o (when he scores)

or

Old McGoldrick score us a goal, e i e i o (when we need one)

To the tune of Old MacDonald had a farm for those who didnt get it!

Could substitute Old for Dave if Old doesnt work?

my mate came up with this little gem

gold always believe in mcgoldrick

hes got the power to score

hes unstoppable

always belive in gold

i spent a lot of the game last night watching mcgoldrick,not because i am a stalker but because last season i wasnt convinced that he was able to hack it in this league.he has pace when needed and he has skill,he just needs to gain a bit of workrate.

i know he is still young and a bit wet behind the ears but he really needs to up his game to push on.

he did score 2 last night but his workrate off of the ball is virtually non existant,this is ok if he continues to score goals but if he hits a dry spell then he will be in trouble.

he is at a crucial crossroads in his development and if he is not careful he will end up as the new ricardo fuller,instead of something a lot better.

lazy or legend? over to you mcgoldrick.

Guest Hacienda
i spent a lot of the game last night watching mcgoldrick,not because i am a stalker but because last season i wasnt convinced that he was able to hack it in this league.he has pace when needed and he has skill,he just needs to gain a bit of workrate.

i know he is still young and a bit wet behind the ears but he really needs to up his game to push on.

he did score 2 last night but his workrate off of the ball is virtually non existant,this is ok if he continues to score goals but if he hits a dry spell then he will be in trouble.

he is at a crucial crossroads in his development and if he is not careful he will end up as the new ricardo fuller,instead of something a lot better.

lazy or legend? over to you mcgoldrick.

On Saturday and in two previous friendlies I thought he'd be better running off a "back to goal" striker then trying to be the lone striker.

Just a thought of a song for him, similar to the ormerod one, especially tomorrow;

"Ohh Phillips' wifes a slapper

she sucks on my ****

and when shes ******** Kevin

she thinks of Mc-Gold-Rick!"

bit harsh though.

Edited by trousers
thought it was '****' rather than '*****'. Wake up Trousers