Fewer Saints matches on TV next season

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but I'm sure it must be affecting others.

I've been subscribing to the Premier League channels here in Norway over the last year. It costs a bit, but they have three channels each showing a live game, so I've been able to watch quite a lot of our matches for my money. however apparently because of new Premier league rules, they can now only show one live match at kick off time on Saturdays. They're obviously going to have to weight this heavily towards teams with a large fan-base, over here that's mostly United and Liverpool, followed by Arsenal, Chelsea etc. This means that I'm going to be lucky if I see one live game a month. Bizarrely TV2, who run the service, have tried to make this sound like a positive change and are actually increasing their subscription charges.

Who else is going to be affected by this?

It does suck to be me, deano. Why don't you pop over for a visit some time, me and the kids still miss you.

You know I would like nothing more than to pop round and see your Fine Family of Scandinavians - to take a look at what you've done with the place, catch up with what the grown-ups are doing these days, see the precocious kids who must be all grown up now, and the fat one who most probably isn't. Why I'll bet there are even a few new little sprogs running around in the clan!

However I'm not sure that I'd be welcomed any more. Too much time has passed since I walked out on those noble sentinels. I made my decision and I have to live with that now. Sure, to my face they'd be all peaches and cream, but deep down there would be a sadness. There would be resentment. There would be gossiping, and snigg*ring, and subtle jibes that go over my head. "Oh here comes the last of the famous, International Playboys", they'd mock. I'd be the prodigal son returning without even the redeeming qualities of being broke, being broken or having any kind of commitment to stay. In short - a tw*t. In the words of JC: everybody hates a tourist. It wouldn't be fair. I've made my bloody, treacherous bed and now I have to lie in it. Those who falter, and those who fall, must pay the price.

Just know that I treasure every one of the little critters in your wonderful abode, and go about your ways safe in the knowledge that there will always be a little bit of my heart devoted to it.

You know I would like nothing more than to pop round and see your Fine Family of Scandinavians - to take a look at what you've done with the place, catch up with what the grown-ups are doing these days, see the precocious kids who must be all grown up now, and the fat one who most probably isn't. Why I'll bet there are even a few new little sprogs running around in the clan!

However I'm not sure that I'd be welcomed any more. Too much time has passed since I walked out on those noble sentinels. I made my decision and I have to live with that now. Sure, to my face they'd be all peaches and cream, but deep down there would be a sadness. There would be resentment. There would be gossiping, and snigg*ring, and subtle jibes that go over my head. "Oh here comes the last of the famous, International Playboys", they'd mock. I'd be the prodigal son returning without even the redeeming qualities of being broke, being broken or having any kind of commitment to stay. In short - a tw*t. In the words of JC: everybody hates a tourist. It wouldn't be fair. I've made my bloody, treacherous bed and now I have to lie in it. Those who falter, and those who fall, must pay the price.

Just know that I treasure every one of the little critters in your wonderful abode, and go about your ways safe in the knowledge that there will always be a little bit of my heart devoted to it.

Oh Deano deano, you'd only be welcomed with open arms and cherished like a lost lover. Things have quietened down a bit recently, your grandad's stormed out and is refusing to talk to any of us anymore, he's just being a bit crabby, but your fat old granny hasn't changed a bit. Come and say hello.

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but I'm sure it must be affecting others.

I've been subscribing to the Premier League channels here in Norway over the last year. It costs a bit, but they have three channels each showing a live game, so I've been able to watch quite a lot of our matches for my money. however apparently because of new Premier league rules, they can now only show one live match at kick off time on Saturdays. They're obviously going to have to weight this heavily towards teams with a large fan-base, over here that's mostly United and Liverpool, followed by Arsenal, Chelsea etc. This means that I'm going to be lucky if I see one live game a month. Bizarrely TV2, who run the service, have tried to make this sound like a positive change and are actually increasing their subscription charges.

Who else is going to be affected by this?

Is this change in policy world wide or just with Scandanavian TV?

At the moment we get every single game live in Dubai via Abu Dhabi TV, even if some are hidden away on non sports channels as they don't have enough Sports channels when there is a full fixture list being played on a saturday!! No word out here, but there again they don't even publish a proper TV schedule so it's all a bit hit and miss!!

Is this change in policy world wide or just with Scandanavian TV?

At the moment we get every single game live in Dubai via Abu Dhabi TV, even if some are hidden away on non sports channels as they don't have enough Sports channels when there is a full fixture list being played on a saturday!! No word out here, but there again they don't even publish a proper TV schedule so it's all a bit hit and miss!!

It goes for the whole of europe.

Where abouts is here? "The 100 Club" doesn't give me much of a clue unless you mean the old punk club in London.

old punk exiled in Sweden eric ;)

Norwaysaint- Not sure as it goes out by direct debit each month, going to cancel though and go back to listening to solent followed by m.o.t.d. via i player.

Must admit i'm gutted.