Claridge

Legod Second Coming

Steve Claridge is generally one of the better pundits IMO.

Notable exceptions in teh quality of his output have been:

- Awarding Surman 8 or 9 out of 10 for pace in that young player review thing he does in the paper; and

- That embarassing rant towards the politician on 5Live last season.

Just switched it off, I can't stand listening to the bloke, after last years MP rant he should follow his own advice and stick to what he knows best and leave the presenting to people who can actually read of a piece of paper. Had a go at the MP for voicing his opinion whilst being publically funded when he voices his whilst being paid by a publically funded body, ****.

Always quite liked him as a player but have found him to be anti-Saints when summarising a lot in the past, although he has since stopped doing that. The BBC always used to put him on Saints games for some reason. But the MP rant and now badly fronting 606 is too much for me.

Just switched it off, I can't stand listening to the bloke, after last years MP rant he should follow his own advice and stick to what he knows best and leave the presenting to people who can actually read of a piece of paper. Had a go at the MP for voicing his opinion whilst being publically funded when he voices his whilst being paid by a publically funded body, ****.

Always quite liked him as a player but have found him to be anti-Saints when summarising a lot in the past, although he has since stopped doing that. The BBC always used to put him on Saints games for some reason. But the MP rant and now badly fronting 606 is too much for me.

What was the MP rant??

What was the MP rant??

When England failed to qualify for the Euro's a MP filed a House of Commons question condemning Steve Maclaren and came on to Radio 5 to explain his actions. Claridge went wild on him shouting that he doesn't know what he is talking about and that he has no right voicing his opinion and he shouldn't waste tax's payers money. Basically Claridges stance was the only people that should be allowed an opinion on the matter were those who play or have played the game professionally because everyone else has no experience to base an opinion on.

The MP was voicing an opinion that many people held, he may have raised it in a geeky MP way, after all the FA agreed with him. Claridge was embarrassing, he ranted for ages and was completely wrong, it got a load of complaints.

I always think Claridge is quite amusing. He knows where he stands and occasionally makes provocative comments about Saints but they're generally tongue in cheek.

There was one game last season where he laughed that he had had to run a bit of a gauntlet of comments to get to SMS to commentate from wherever he had parked up but he took it in good spirit.

He just enjoys a bit of banter. I reckon he'd a be a laugh in the pub with anyone's fans.

When England failed to qualify for the Euro's a MP filed a House of Commons question condemning Steve Maclaren and came on to Radio 5 to explain his actions. Claridge went wild on him shouting that he doesn't know what he is talking about and that he has no right voicing his opinion and he shouldn't waste tax's payers money. Basically Claridges stance was the only people that should be allowed an opinion on the matter were those who play or have played the game professionally because everyone else has no experience to base an opinion on.

The MP was voicing an opinion that many people held, he may have raised it in a geeky MP way, after all the FA agreed with him. Claridge was embarrassing, he ranted for ages and was completely wrong, it got a load of complaints.

Sounds like a few people on here who think you can only have an opinion if you go to the game ;)

A few years ago i bumped into him going into a bookies in highlands rd fareham, near where he lived wearing flip flops, shorts and t-shirt (think he must have lost his good clothes in there), got talking to him and he was a decent enough bloke and he swears he dislikes Saints as much as the average Saints fan dislikes ports*outh, cant say farer than that.

He did at least come out and thank us at his first testimonial, ok no ports*outh fans were present at the time, but its the thought that counts

by his logic MPs could only have a view on Iraq if they had served in the armed forces. Pathetic. I always thought - and still do - that he had a grudge against Saints. still, there are worse pundits.

I don't suppose that the Skates reckon MLT is completely unbiased when he appears on Sky either ??

No of course he's not, but he gets away with it in our eyes because he's well liked. A vast improvement on the previous incumbent of that seat i.e. Marsh.

The only thing about Claridge that really really winds me up is that he seems to be physically incapable of saying the word 'Pompey'. Maybe it's just that he doesn't want to come across as being a fan, but it does wind me up. In fact it winds me up when ANYONE in the media calls us 'Portsmouth'. Weird isn't it? There must be some sort of therapy for that..... :D

I thought the Saints fan on the show was a bit embarrassing.He didnt mention The performance at all and then went on about 'wheres the money gone' FFS.

We know where it's gone! Delgado's agent, thirty-seven coaches' severance payments, gold-plated cutlery in the boardroom, Michelin training for the caterers, a digital radio licence, Axminster carpet, shirts made from carbon-fibre that don't fit over an average head... ;)

We know where it's gone! Delgado's agent, thirty-seven coaches' severance payments, gold-plated cutlery in the boardroom, Michelin training for the caterers, a digital radio licence, Axminster carpet, shirts made from carbon-fibre that don't fit over an average head... ;)
exactly, its no diferent to any other football club.It is a hungry animal to feed.Even after cutting out all those essentials we are still losing 300k a week.

That makes two Saints fans called Jeremy. And LSC has never met one football fan of that name - are you sure you are a true Saints fan? ;)

You're making it up. Both your real names are Mark and Benny respectively but in a vain attempt to ascend the corporate ladder, you have adopted a new-age name...

Yours,

Piers Clarence Smythe-Standing ;)

No of course he's not, but he gets away with it in our eyes because he's well liked. A vast improvement on the previous incumbent of that seat i.e. Marsh.

The only thing about Claridge that really really winds me up is that he seems to be physically incapable of saying the word 'Pompey'. Maybe it's just that he doesn't want to come across as being a fan, but it does wind me up. In fact it winds me up when ANYONE in the media calls us 'Portsmouth'. Weird isn't it? There must be some sort of therapy for that..... :D

And therapy for supporting PORTSMOUTH of course :D