Connecting our overseas groups this season. #globalsfc

For those on any of the 'Big 3' Social media websites: Twitter/Facebook/Instagram try and include #globalsfc when posting while watching matches this season. A pretty nifty and easy way to connect all our overseas fans on Matchday. So if you're outside the U.K this season, watching the game with or without other fans and posting about it, please add the #globalsfc hashtag.

I'm travelling all over the place (south east Asia, AUS, NZ, then South America between October and July. I hope to be able to find places to watch saints games on route so this could be very helpful!

Check out the sticky thread at the top of the page Ben, I'll keep that up to date throughout the season. Plenty of Saints fans in Southeast Asia, Australia and NZ! Enjoy your travels mate. Might see you for a game in Melbourne!

I'm travelling all over the place (south east Asia, AUS, NZ, then South America between October and July. I hope to be able to find places to watch saints games on route so this could be very helpful!

Check out the sticky thread at the top of the page Ben, I'll keep that up to date throughout the season. Plenty of Saints fans in Southeast Asia, Australia and NZ! Enjoy your travels mate. Might see you for a game in Melbourne!

• 2 weeks later...

If it were truly global it would need to include all the UK people too, in which case it would contain masses of irrelevant info and would essentially be just the same as the normal #saintsfc hashtag. Other problem is sfc could be used by plenty of other teams who share similar initials.

I would therefore make it more clearer and more direct and make it #globalsaintsfcbutnotincludingthoseintheUK. Anyone got any objections?

None. #GlobalSFC is actually an abbreviation similar to the extended version you've listed above. The problem with Twitter however, is that you need to abbrev. almost everything to say what you want to #annoying. For most of us under the #GlobalSFC banner it's not feasible to get to games regularly, but that doesn't mean we support the club any less. We've already had people connect with our Australian group through the hashtag. People that thought they were the only Saints supporters in the country. It's actually brilliant fun watching games in the early hours of the morning, on the other side of the world with like minded Southampton people, a lot of which I've become great friends with. But, like everything in the world, it's not for everyone.

None. #GlobalSFC is actually an abbreviation similar to the extended version you've listed above. The problem with Twitter however, is that you need to abbrev. almost everything to say what you want to #annoying. For most of us under the #GlobalSFC banner it's not feasible to get to games regularly, but that doesn't mean we support the club any less. We've already had people connect with our Australian group through the hashtag. People that thought they were the only Saints supporters in the country. It's actually brilliant fun watching games in the early hours of the morning, on the other side of the world with like minded Southampton people, a lot of which I've become great friends with. But, like everything in the world, it's not for everyone.

It's working as well, we've shot up past 500 followers on Twitter now and our FB page is getting new likes every day.

We'll need to reserve more tables down at Barasti for next season at this rate!