South American Saints

Are there any out there?

I'm travelling around South America for 6 months from November, so I wondered whether anyone had info on where I would be able to watch Saints games in their towns/cities if it's televised? I also want to go to at least one game in each of the countries I visit, so any info on getting tickets etc would be good too.

Cheers

Tart.

I live in Buenos Aires.

There is no good place for watching Saints games here. You'd think so with Pochettino in charge, but no one here really gives a ****.

Your best bet is the Gibraltar pub in San Telmo. They always have Premier league games on, and announce in advance which ones. But not often Saints.

There is also Sugar Bar in Palermo Soho, who accept requests for different game streams to be shown on their projector. But the picture quality is bad, and they are unreliable. Plus there is usually a higher priority request than Saints.

Failing all that, you can give me a shout when your here and watch a Saints game stream on my laptop in my office in Palermo, with beers.

In terms of seeing local football here, it's difficult at the actual prices the public are supposed to pay, because the Argentine Football Association recently brought in a rule that you have to be a club member to buy tickets. And membership is only for Argentine residents. So you have to go through a tourist agency, who get their tickets through "other channels". If you want a recommendation closer to the time, let me know and I'll look into it. The cost will be expensive by local standards, but probably cheap when you think about it in pounds. And if you get the chance to see a big game at the Bombonera (Boca Juniors), take it, will be worth the cost. If it is Boca vs River, even more so. Insane atmosphere.

Also, general travel tip for Argentina, BRING US DOLLARS CASH. Definitely not Argentine Pesos. You'll understand why when you get here (and save A LOT of money). You won't save money by paying for things by credit/debit cards, or other currencies. Only US Dollars.

Happy travels!

Edited by syd_barrett_saint

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that Syd... I probably will give you a shout when I'm due to get to Arg. Reading on a few sites I've seen that tour agencies can charge up to $100 for a second division game... and that's a bit out of my budget! God knows what it would be for a Boca game.