buying a flat in Italy

Hi

I am looking to buy an apartment to have as a holiday home for the family and the north-western area of Italy really apeals to me. The history and culture, not far from the coast and the mountains. The Ligurian district or around there.

Looking to find somewhere in a village or smaller town, not on the coast but within a 30 minute drive or so.

Anyone out there with some usefull tips and suggestions. Anywhere for good value or hidden gems or even places to avoid.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

I am looking to buy an apartment to have as a holiday home for the family and the north-western area of Italy really apeals to me. The history and culture, not far from the coast and the mountains. The Ligurian district or around there.

Looking to find somewhere in a village or smaller town, not on the coast but within a 30 minute drive or so.

Anyone out there with some useful tips and suggestions. Anywhere for good value or hidden gems or even places to avoid.

Any help would be appreciated.

More North East than North West but Treviso is quite pretty and close to all kinds of places - Venice, the lakes, the Alps, Slovenia, Verona, Venice lido (beaches). Ryanair also fly directly there (they bill it as Venice, or used to). Had a friend who lived there three years and liked it.

Went to a wedding in Montaione in Tuscany which I also really loved. Also near the places you mentioned.

Hi

I am looking to buy an apartment to have as a holiday home for the family and the north-western area of Italy really apeals to me. The history and culture, not far from the coast and the mountains.

It's a bit late and only just seen this. Just moved back to the UK after living in Italy 7 years (renting!) in the NW Alps, but I'll give you my thoughts tomorrow..:-)