DXB Saints

Hi guys.

what pub are the Dubai saints using for watching matches this season???

Barasti Bar

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/united-arab-emirates/dubai/barasti

It's located at Mina Seyahi (or for the less well informed it is at Le Meridian down on the beach next to The Westin in Marina Land.)

Every Taxi Driver in Dubai knows the place, nearest Metro is the one by Emirates Golf Club/American University in Dubai. It is a fair hike from there.

This time of year we are indoors in the main bar, first TV on your left as you enter. Later when it cools down we will often be outdoors on the big screen.

Dress code is Shorts & Sandals at the moment.

We normally get there around 5:30 and there will be between 10 & 20 of us most weeks.

(Yes Barasti IS one of the World's best Bar's, yes we are the Only regular fans in the place. Yes we are one cool mo-fo bunch of Fans 8) )

@dubaisaints is the Twitter Feed for updates etc

244aaux.jpg

To be honest we don't use outside too often - it's a pain as they don't have Pedigree on Tap out there & we have to go all the way indoors to get the beers in (well, Eric does with his discount card!)

Also, for early kick offs it is WAY too distracting as the Beach "empties" ;) :rolleyes:

See ya tomorrow!

• 5 months later...
Can any of you desert-dwellers confirm if Jazeera/BEIN are now carrying all the PL games live again (via satellite TV not online)?

Short answer is still no and will not be again this season. The issue is the 3pm Saturday Kick-Offs being shown in UK Pubs

Long answer is they show ALL the UK Televised games, so eg Liverpool is on. They also show ALL midweek matches.

IF we had a game changed to a Sunday for say European reasons then that would most likely be shown.

BeIN do however have the rights to show ONE "Studio" game each Saturday at 3pm. That means we have to check their web site each week. Today for eg it is Chelsea Everton so no go.

I was talking to the manager - Mike at Goodfellas 2 in the Ramee Rose Tecom yesterday (They are the home of Liverpool Dubai Reds ) and also has a corner which is Dubai Elland Road. (The Boro - Leeds game IS live on Broadcast TV today so that is two of their big screens taken up.

What Mike has done is to line up a probably not quite legal subscription to BeIN Sports Online direct streams mainly for the Scouse games).

They were advertising the WHU game as being on today. The issue is it is very "insh'allah" so I am not sure if any of our crew will bother to head all the way down there on the off chance. The issue with them is whether they can feed enough streams to different screens in the bar. You could turn up and be outvoted by a couple of Norwich fans or something annoying.

Certainly next week we'll be back on at Barasti at 9:30pm local time. The gang will be there indoors first TV on the left. (I'll be at SMS woo hoo!)

So not worth a satellite subscription for the rest of this season then.

Hot off The Press on The Dubai Rumour Mill is that the problems have been sorted and normal service will resume from 1st March.

Fingers crossed that this proves to be true and DubaiSaints can resume watching Saturday Matches.

Do we need a specific type of new decoder? The rep from OSN is offering me a new dual card decoder, he says it can take a BEIN sports card. Is that true?

No idea, but I'd wait until after Mar 1st and see how things progress from there. For us in Dubai we will be able to see the LFC game as it isn't a 1500 KO.

OK thanks. I'm getting conflicting advice. Some say you need to "register" your decoder, and others say you need to get a new one. I'll wait until after 1st March and see what happens.

Thanks.

Everything I have heard is that you need a new dedicated BeIN decoder.

Pal of mine just had to pay $180 to get newbox installed as they STOPPED supplying the Cards & de-activated old ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Any Saints fans passing through Dubai in late April, we've been asked to put a 7-a-side footie team together for a Charity Fund raising day at Sharjah Wanderers.

We are on BeIN this Saturday (7pm kick off local time) and will see how many we can rustle up for either an over 16's or an over 30's team.

Cheer Leaders are organised and it would be a hoot to have Saints V Barca & AS Roma matches up the road! Lot's of the other local fan groups have signed up so a chance to kick 7 bells out of some Wet Spam as well ;)

Check our FB page for info or PM me