Updated player photos on OS player profile page

trousers

Sorry if I've missed this elsewhere but have just spotted that all the player profile photos have been updated on the OS.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=8719

I was a little surprised to see that the players with supposedly large question marks hanging over their futures at SFC have also got new pics. They are almost smiling too! Is this an indicator that we're now trying to keep hold of the likes of Rasiak, Skacel, Euell etc, or am I having one of my 2+2 = 5 moments?

cheers

I was a little surprised to see that the players with supposedly large question marks hanging over their futures at SFC have also got new pics. They are almost smiling too! Is this an indicator that we're now trying to keep hold of the likes of Rasiak, Skacel, Euell etc, or am I having one of my 2+2 = 5 moments?

Do you ever not have one of those moments? ;)

I think it's probably more a case of "business as usual", really. The club has to assume that those players are available to us until such time as they move elsewhere.

Our Under 18's is a tad small though... ;)

Mainly because it's not been updated to include the 10 new scholars who signed on in summer (Aarran Racine, Callum McNish, Sam Argent, Ryan Tafazolli, Lewis Page, Ben Reeves, Garyn Preen, Tom Dunford, Tony Garrod and Daryl McLean). In addition, Jeffrey Imudia and Mikael Dolinajec are also missing.

However, it seems the OS are working on it. If you click on one of the players and go to their profile then amend the ID number at the end to 163 (or above) you get incomplete profiles (no photos) of most of the above (but not Page and not Imudia). For example, here is Aarran Racine's profile (which shows he's been given the number 38 shirt).

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/team/?page_id=6587&player_id=165

I see that Poke and Saga have both been removed - unlike last season when loaned out players were still listed.

Edited by Over land and sea

Have noticed that Racine has gone missing - according to JP he had great promise.

Imudia and McNish also appear to have gone.

Who the hell are going to field in reserve and under 18 games? We only have about half a dozen under 18's.

The large number of players that aren't in the matchday squad of 18

I hope you are not serious!

There is no large number. The 18 at Exeter plus Killer, BWP, Davies when fit and maybe Thomas are our squad of available players ( I say this as Rasiak, Euell and Skacel do not appear to be "available" and will be sold if offers come in).

I honestly cannot see how we can hope to fulfil ressie and under 18 fixtures with the players currently at the club. Very worrying.

I also wonder what has happened with the 3 nippers I mentioned above. Racine apparently looks very good and appears to have disappeared without trace!

Racine, McNish and Imudia are all still around. As I mentioned in my post above, Racine, McNish and the eight other 1st year scholars have yet to make it to the OS squad listing - it's not that they were there and have been taken off. Similarly Imudia (a 2nd year scholar, I think), who was given the number 29 shirt when the squad numbers were announced, and Dolinajec (2nd year scholar) have never made it to the list.

As I said above, the OS seem to be working on it. They have prepared profiles but they have not added links to enable you to access them (useful!) - see http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/team/?page...&player_id=165 among others which shows that Racine is the only 1st year scholar to be given a squad number - backing up that he's considered to be useful. Profiles have also been preapred for most of the other 1st year scholars, including McNish. As far as I can tell only Page and Imudia do not have profiles prepared.

Edited by Over land and sea

Racine is still around. As I mentioned in my post above, Racine and the nine other 1st year scholars have yet to make it to the OS squad listing - it's not that they were there and have been taken off. Similarly Imudia (who was given the number 29 shirt when the squad numbers were announced) and Dolinajec have never made it to the list. As I said above, the OS seem to be working on it - see http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/team/?page...&player_id=165 among others which shows that Racine is the only 1st year scholar to be given a squad number. Profiles have also been preapred for most of the other 1st year scholars.

Cheers. How I missed your post I don't know!

Panic over.

Odd that there's no Racine, who seemed to be on the fringes of the first team during pre-seasom, but there is Byrne who I'll shamefully admit to never hearing of.

Byrne has played for the under-18s for two seasons, iirc, although was out for a chunk of last season. Racine is very young - again if memory serves he was only 16 last season.

• 1 month later...
Why has Rasiak appeared back on the OS list? I could understand it if it were Poke as he's returned from Torquay early owing to injury. But Rasiak's on a season long loan.

No sign of Romain Gasmi being listed (the guy we signed on deadline day). I assume the deal went through and it's all gone quiet because he's injured?

He joins us when his injury has cleared up.