while the rest of Sweden waited......

for the BIG MATCH (World Cup Qualifier v.Portugal) the Swedish U21 team drowned the Malta U21 side on a rain-soaked pitch in Malmo in front of a crowd of ...(wait for it).....334.

Why so few?....not through any lack of quality of the Swedes........but the 50,000 sold out crowd at the Friends Arena in Stockholm

.....and half the country's population ........waiting to watch the Sweden v. Portugal game on national TV.

The score might easily have been double, but for some brave Maltese defending when they put their lives on the line and the Swedes saw a dozen or more shots rebound of their bodies.

The return of (Sweden's hot shot ) John Guidetti (been out for a year).. saw him score twice in the first hour, before being subbed.

However, the real star was a young Swedish striker Simon Croon.... (lets see if Tord Grip recommends him to Saints?).

ME ....I'm going to watch England v. Germany ......who else? 30 years in this country hasn't changed me that much.

(I'll watch the highlights of Sweden's game later)

Dave...england are so awful nowdays i chose the Swe-Port game. That was entertainment. The game had it all. Swinging both ways as they say.

Made more fun with the two swedish CBs who were a complete joke.

even with the saints present England have no idea what to do with the ball. Passing it backwards seams always to be the first option. no movement, no pattern, no constructive build up play. We are going backwards as a team.

Outplayed by chile. Germany did the bare minimal and won.

mind you at least were going to Brazil. A point i am making to everyone at work today :)

OK it'll be three games and home again. A short trip. Bit of sightseeing for the wags.

Nope...give me saints any day of the week.