SSD or SATA HDD's

SOTONS EAST SIDE

Thanks Mewsta and SES, looks like the prices will drop over a period of time so that they will become the next generation for end users like us. Hopefully someone will produce them so they fit the current configuration of loom.

Solid State Drives should mean immediate OS start up. Won't that be fun..? Of course, one could always install old Windows 3.11 on a modern PC and usual HDD and get the same effect. I've read somewhere that boot up time is around 5 seconds..?

Solid State Drives should mean immediate OS start up. Won't that be fun..? Of course, one could always install old Windows 3.11 on a modern PC and usual HDD and get the same effect. I've read somewhere that boot up time is around 5 seconds..?

Start up times are definitely something that needs to be improved. When I get in my car, I don't have to wait a couple of minutes before I can start driving. When I turn the radio on, I don't have time to go and make a cup of tea before any sound comes out.

Five seconds would be far more reasonable.

Thanks Mewsta and SES, looks like the prices will drop over a period of time so that they will become the next generation for end users like us. Hopefully someone will produce them so they fit the current configuration of loom.

Samsung make them to fit Sata 2 type plugs, and ship them out to HP & DELL for their laptops!;)