How much does this forum cost then?

hypochondriac

It's just that 5 pounds for every person per year seems like quite a lot with advertising as well.

Our annual accounts will be available at the end of our financial year on companies house. However, a) we need to turn A LOT of those subscribed users into paying ones (remember, we have moved to a MUCH more professional service, including live support at 3am last night when i needed it!) and b) we needed it to be just enough that we felt it would be a deterent to those reoffenders who get banned and just create an account. We looked at how much other paid websites charged and thought that £5 was adequate, and will hopefully cover our server costs.

Our annual accounts will be available at the end of our financial year on companies house. However, a) we need to turn A LOT of those subscribed users into paying ones (remember, we have moved to a MUCH more professional service, including live support at 3am last night when i needed it!) and b) we needed it to be just enough that we felt it would be a deterent to those reoffenders who get banned and just create an account. We looked at how much other paid websites charged and thought that £5 was adequate, and will hopefully cover our server costs.

How much should the advertising bring in on top of that? How much does the server cost per year?

Have you paid your fiver Baj?

How much should the advertising bring in on top of that? How much does the server cost per year?

As I have already said, our financial accounts will be available at the end of the accounting year.

As for advertising, we've actually no idea, we will know more when we run it.

Well speaking as someone in the same business as Baj I can tell you that a decent dedicated server with a good data-farm is about £1,500 per year minimum. So at £5 a pop that means 300 people need to become full members. So, with out sounding preachy, if you have a spare fiver chip in and enjoy!!

Well speaking as someone in the same business as Baj I can tell you that a decent dedicated server with a good data-farm is about £1,500 per year minimum. So at £5 a pop that means 300 people need to become full members. So, with out sounding preachy, if you have a spare fiver chip in and enjoy!!

I can tell you that a PROPER server is WAY more than that......

I have not paid yet, will do tomorrow. But I don't think £5 for a years subscription is bad at all, people run this forum for Saints fans and its unfair to expect them to pay for it all when around 5,000+ use the forum.

Quite and I have donated to the forum in the past. Would just be good to know if we are breaking even or making a profit. Should be interesting.

Guest Hacienda
Quite and I have donated to the forum in the past. Would just be good to know if we are breaking even or making a profit. Should be interesting.

I'll be expecting a dividend if we make a profit!

It's amazing how self righteous people get over five pounds, especially considering the amount of entertainment, service and information people get from here. Also the shear amount of hours that some people give to getting the damn thing going in the first place.

5 quid, that's less then two pints.... less then two bloomin' beers. Over 12 months, 1.35 pence per day.

Honestly, everyone wants something for nothing, it's why this country is f*cked.

It's amazing how self righteous people get over five pounds, especially considering the amount of entertainment, service and information people get from here. Also the shear amount of hours that some people give to getting the damn thing going in the first place.

5 quid, that's less then two pints.... less then two bloomin' beers. Over 12 months, 1.35 pence per day.

Honestly, everyone wants something for nothing, it's why this country is f*cked.

you're a man after my heart dear chap! But that is Brown's Britain for you: take-take-take and what's-in-it-for-me-gov?

(My football shirt may be Red but my politics sure as heck ain't)

Guest Hacienda
Just checked our company docs, can't see you as a director, i think someone must have ****ed up...

You. Now get it sorted.

Will you be paying the three hundred pounds to print the fixtures? Seems like a bit of a waste.

No, but we are contemplating applying for a licence for text-feed commentry for matchdays... depends on funds

Guest Hacienda
I prefer not to accept public services from those that go to WEtherspoons to 'enjoy' a pint.

Wither is correct, or at least that's what happens to your soul everytime you enter one.

And enjoy is not a verb often associated with a Witherspoons. However, cheap is a adjective that is.

Guest Hacienda
Cooo, some ambition.... 'Bang' for your bucks as they say! Is there anything that you guys may need help with?

Off shore bank account me thinks.

you're a man after my heart dear chap! But that is Brown's Britain for you: take-take-take and what's-in-it-for-me-gov?

(My football shirt may be Red but my politics sure as heck ain't)

Do you listen to talksport by any chance? :D In mid morning?

Do you listen to talksport by any chance? :D In mid morning?

no, never. I just hate paying my way in sweat and tears just to see scroungers, lay-abouts and Dolescum constantly asking me (and the rest of us productive lot) to cough up more and more and more and more.

no, never. I just hate paying my way in sweat and tears just to see scroungers, lay-abouts and Dolescum constantly asking me (and the rest of us productive lot) to cough up more and more and more and more.

Too right. Whatever happened to people getting off their backsides and doing something about their situation rather then expecting a living to be given to them.

Cooo, some ambition.... 'Bang' for your bucks as they say! Is there anything that you guys may need help with?

Nope, all taken care of mate, we know the finances involved and we know what we need in order to do this, we know who to apply for, how long itll take and what we get for our money.

We've been planning this move for the forum for a long time, including all the added benefits of which there are LOADS to be revealed. Essentially Saints Web will become the premier fan website for all the UK.

Nope, all taken care of mate, we know the finances involved and we know what we need in order to do this, we know who to apply for, how long itll take and what we get for our money.

We've been planning this move for the forum for a long time, including all the added benefits of which there are LOADS to be revealed. Essentially Saints Web will become the premier fan website for all the UK.

Lol. That would be to match our premier catering :D

No, but we are contemplating applying for a licence for text-feed commentry for matchdays... depends on funds

That would be awesome. Personally i've posted much less then 3 times a day for the last 4 years yet think £5 a year is a bargain. That said i've never donated so feel like i've caught up a little for lost time.