2009 Spec.. First look...

Ponty

About as pretty as my hairy ass.

Quite. My favourite is the huge bits of box channel for front wing end-plates. Styling par excellence.

Truthfully, this will be a pretty basic design, conforming literally to spec. There is room for inventiveness, even within the pretty strict parameters, but they're not going to give much away this early.

I don't really care what F1 cars look like, as long as they still look like cars, and not just vehicles that happen to have a wheel in each corner, and one for steering with.

If they manage to tweak the rules enough so that the driver becomes much more the factor behind whether a car wins or finishes elsewhere, rather than just a mere component, then they will have taken a huge step in the right direction, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't really care what F1 cars look like, as long as they still look like cars, and not just vehicles that happen to have a wheel in each corner, and one for steering with.

If they manage to tweak the rules enough so that the driver becomes much more the factor behind whether a car wins or finishes elsewhere, rather than just a mere component, then they will have taken a huge step in the right direction, as far as I'm concerned.

I think most people will get used to the dustpan look eventually, just like they got used to wings, high noses, narrower cars, grooved tyres, etc. through the years, but but you have to admit they're not as aesthetically pleasing as anything that's gone before.

I think most people will get used to the dustpan look eventually, just like they got used to wings, high noses, narrower cars, grooved tyres, etc. through the years, but but you have to admit they're not as aesthetically pleasing as anything that's gone before.

The Williams looks OK, as it sort of harks back to an earlier era. One needs a sickbag handy, just in case, when looking at the Beemer. The lack of aerodynamic sticky out bits and pieces makes for a smoother look though. I wait patiently for the no tail and nose wings look. Now that would be something else. ;)