Weather warning

Jillyanne

Just received this:

Dear All,

There is currently a severe weather warning affecting the whole of the south coast from Cornwall in the west through to Kent in the east .

West to SW winds becoming unseasonably strong - worst gusts 50-60 mph with coastal and hills the worst affected.

The worst period for Hampshire will be now until 1500 but the warning extends to 1800 today.

Apologies for the lack of notice, the official weather warning should have arrived here at 0230 this morning but it would appear an IT problem has prevented the Met Office's email from arriving.

Stay safe people.

http://www.cowesharbourweather.com/webcam.aspx

Follow the instructions and after a wee while you'll be able to look through the webcam at the Solent. I use it to gain some idea of sailing conditions in the next hour or so. I won't be going for the next few days, that's for sure.

And before you ask, the camera is mounted on top of the Calshot Sailing Club house.

http://www.cowesharbourweather.com/webcam.aspx

Follow the instructions and after a wee while you'll be able to look through the webcam at the Solent. I use it to gain some idea of sailing conditions in the next hour or so. I won't be going for the next few days, that's for sure.

And before you ask, the camera is mounted on top of the Calshot Sailing Club house.

That's wicked!

(i'm easily pleased)

My fire door at work - which has been broken since January and despite my best efforts still has not been fixed [or even authorised for repair] - had an unfortunate 'accident' this morning when someone opened it, and the wind smashed it against the wall....

It will have to be fixed now, if it doesn't I shall post the address and you can all come and rob us as there will be easy access.....

My fire door at work - which has been broken since January and despite my best efforts still has not been fixed [or even authorised for repair] - had an unfortunate 'accident' this morning when someone opened it, and the wind smashed it against the wall....

It will have to be fixed now, if it doesn't I shall post the address and you can all come and rob us as there will be easy access.....

What items are there of interest ?