Lowe and WH Ireland: Why the connection is pivitol for our club

scooby

There has been some talk on here regarding Lord Lowe and his non-appearance at last night’s game. Although I am well aware this is nothing but a talking point for the chattering classes, I thought I would address it here.

The fact that he can’t win in the eyes of the flat-caps is neither here nor there – boo him if he attends, scold him if he doesn’t – there is but one salient point here:

WH Ireland.

Lowe’s position with one of the most dynamic investment banking companies in the world is key for us as a club, and it may even save us from oblivion. In the 21st Century world of football where its entertainment value is of at least equal value to the sport being played on the pitch, money is everything. Not only do we have a professional back running the club, but we have a man in such demand in the city that we could never afford to pay him if we were to hire him for his services. We are, quite frankly, getting the services of the most progressive chairman in the game, and one of the city’s luminaries, gratis.

But it doesn’t end there. Lowe’s growing and burgeoning list of contacts with some of the most powerful movers and shakers in the world can only help us. A favourable interest rate here, a player lent there. It all adds up and, bottom line again, we should be on our knees thanking god that Lowe is back with us doing what he does best:

Leading.

A Flat-Cap responds:

'Pivotal' is spelled like this: 'Pivotal'.

It's obvious but I'll say it anyway: A man who's supporters loudly trumpet like this, and can't spell, always risks looking a fool.

Lowe is what he always was: A modestly successful local businessman with delusions of grandeur and no understanding of football.

HTH.

I think we should all be on our knees thanking god that Scooby has parted with a fiver from his own pocket in order to keep entertaining us. Thank you, your Scoobness.

One small thing though - you might look up how to spell pivotal....

A Flat-Cap responds:

It's obvious but I'll say it anyway: A man who's supporters loudly trumpet like this, and can't spell, always risks looking a fool.

And when all you have in your arsenal to nitpick a typo in an internet forum message board subject line, you really don't have anything of substance to add to the discussion.

A Flat-Cap responds:

Lowe is what he always was: A modestly successful local businessman with delusions of grandeur and no understanding of football.

HTH.

"Who's" is spelled "whose". People in glass houses and all that...

The rest of your post though is spot on

Guest Hacienda
We are, quite frankly, getting the services of the most progressive chairman in the game, and one of the city’s luminaries, gratis.

No we're not.

You really do make yourself look an utter tool.

There has been some talk on here regarding Lord Lowe and his non-appearance at last night’s game. Although I am well aware this is nothing but a talking point for the chattering classes, I thought I would address it here.

The fact that he can’t win in the eyes of the flat-caps is neither here nor there – boo him if he attends, scold him if he doesn’t – there is but one salient point here:

WH Ireland.

Lowe’s position with one of the most dynamic investment banking companies in the world is key for us as a club, and it may even save us from oblivion. In the 21st Century world of football where its entertainment value is of at least equal value to the sport being played on the pitch, money is everything. Not only do we have a professional back running the club, but we have a man in such demand in the city that we could never afford to pay him if we were to hire him for his services. We are, quite frankly, getting the services of the most progressive chairman in the game, and one of the city’s luminaries, gratis.

But it doesn’t end there. Lowe’s growing and burgeoning list of contacts with some of the most powerful movers and shakers in the world can only help us. A favourable interest rate here, a player lent there. It all adds up and, bottom line again, we should be on our knees thanking god that Lowe is back with us doing what he does best:

Leading.

Yes,and tugging at our forelocks and genuflecting towards our social superiors...you don't really do yourself any favours with this overblown nonsense, do you?

And when all you have in your arsenal to nitpick a typo in an internet forum message board subject line, you really don't have anything of substance to add to the discussion.

Well, Scabby, I've nitpicked your ignorance about head apparel on another thread to point up your own shortcomings and I'll happily do so again with another little snippet I've found.

"By the turn of the 20th century, Kier Hardie, the first Labour MP, wore his long peaked flat hat as a gesture of working-class solidarity when he arrived at Parliament. Meanwhile, at the other end of the spectrum the cap became fashionable at the grandest Edwardian shooting parties when even royalty wore the humble covering.

The renowned Shot Albert Edward, then the Prince of Wales, frequently wore one in the royal family’s tweed when out shooting"

So unless you wish to held up to further ridicule, I'd stop using the flat cap as a class stereotype if I were you.

WH Ireland.

Lowe’s position...(on the board at WH Ireland)... is key for us as a club, and it may even save us from oblivion.

Agree - of course it is an important piece of the jigsaw....the SWF sleuths* on here worked that one out in April....;)

Would rather hear something we hadn't worked out already....

*formally known as TSF sleuths

Agree - of course it is an important piece of the jigsaw....the SWF sleuths* on here worked that one out in April....;)

Would rather hear something we hadn't worked out already....

*formally known as TSF sleuths

Lol - do you honestly believe that?

He is right. Lowe's background in investment banking does give him access to good contacts. It also gives Barclays more faith in us. Those two attributes might, just might, make all the difference.

I refer you to my post above re keeping this short.

I will simply point out that Lowe has contacts with much bigger fish than WH Ireland and that if Scooby wanted to stimulate an honest and worthy discussion about this he could have done so without all the bombastic "look at me" screeching.

Sad, predictable, nonsense.

I refer you to my post above re keeping this short.

I will simply point out that Lowe has contacts with much bigger fish than WH Ireland and that if Scooby wanted to stimulate an honest and worthy discussion about this he could have done so without all the bombastic "look at me" screeching.

Sad, predictable, nonsense.

True. I wasnt replying to Scooby's original post - just Trouser's assertion that there was a grain of truth in it behind the slapstick stuff.

WH Ireland.

Leading.

Scooby are you really all there? Your assumption of WH Ireland is way of the mark.

You keep quoting lines such as "most dynamic investment banking companies in the world"

in every other post and that quite clearly shows you have no knowledge of the company what so ever.

Facts you might wish to grasp include

1. WH Ireland is one of the largest independent regional stockbroking houses in the UK

(please note stockbroking houses and UK)

2. Turnover for 2007 £42.73m Profit £3.8m

3. Listed on the AIM not full LSE

Yes they are are growing company but been around a very long time and not the super force you think or want to think they are!!!

JUST TO ADD I JUST READ ANOTHER OF YOUR POSTS

"Lord Lowe is at the helm of one of the world's most dynamic investment banking companies"

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=13154&postcount=122

"As the chairman of one of the world's most dynamic investment banking companies"

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=12169&postcount=303

Please stop baiting and trolling again! Please take notice

Scooby are you really all there? Your assumption of WH Ireland is way of the mark.

You keep quoting lines such as "most dynamic investment banking companies in the world"

in every other post and that quite clearly shows you have no knowledge of the company what so ever.

Facts you might wish to grasp include

1. WH Ireland is one of the largest independent regional stockbroking houses in the UK

(please note stockbroking houses and UK)

2. Turnover for 2007 £42.73m Profit £3.8m

3. Listed on the AIM not full LSE

Yes they are are growing company but been around a very long time and not the super force you think or want to think they are

Exit, no offence intended here, but can you not spot a troll when one stumbles across your path? Scooby's been posting on here for ages, and all his posts have one single aim - to get a reaction. Using reasoned argument with him is truly pointless - he'll respond with a glib one-liner which answers nothing, or simply not respond at all.

Exit, no offence intended here, but can you not spot a troll when one stumbles across your path? Scooby's been posting on here for ages, and all his posts have one single aim - to get a reaction. Using reasoned argument with him is truly pointless - he'll respond with a glib one-liner which answers nothing, or simply not respond at all.

I can't believe he hasn't been banned.

Dynamic doesn't mean large and it doesn't indicate a huge turnover. Dynamic, in the case of WH Ireland, indicates that they are progressive, a forerunner, a company that leads by example and is a trendsetter in the industry.

Dynamic doesn't mean large and it doesn't indicate a huge turnover. Dynamic, in the case of WH Ireland, indicates that they are progressive, a forerunner, a company that leads by example and is a trendsetter in the industry.

Yawn. How many infractions you on at the moment Scooby? Hurry up and get to 12 please.

WH Ireland.

Leading.

Ballocks IMHO (But you are welcome to yours)

Guest Hacienda

You clueless tool.

I'm actually interested in this. Thinking of expanding my portfolio; every recession has its winners.

Would you mind posting a brief precis of which other regional stockbrokers I ought to avoid please and state as clearly as possible why WH Ireland are more dynamic.

You see, they're from Manchester and I'm worried they might be a bit, er, "flat-cap" if you know what I mean. Whippets, hotpot and ale and all that.

Scooby

Congratulations.

The new Saints Web has, I'm afraid, had a pretty dull launch. The team are almost playing proper football for the first time in memory, we won a cup match and have yougsters with some passion.

It has been extremely difficult to actually find any interesting threads, mostly we have been in varying degrees of tacit agreement, with just the extremities not quite in line.

To be frank, it's been BORING. The only moments had really come in the people not at the game thread, but even then they still produced a basic consensus.

But now, thanks to the miracles of technology, you've been ripped off a couple of cents by transferring your dollars a day before the rate plummeted and used your wise investment to great effect and HOORAY, it's just like the old days!

All we need now is Sundance, tommac and lls and we'll have Saints Web back in the land of pure comedy that it so truly belongs.

Lowe has been in business for a long time. His new operation appears to be professional and has a customer base of wise investors. As such it is the LAST place that one would expect to find anybody stupid enough to put 50million into SLH before the recession shows signs of bottoming out or Lowe's turnaround plan succeeds.

So no, investment won't come from professional investors, it will come from somebody with an ego or with a need to build international recognition for their brand or somebody with a long term view of US$1billion urban regeneration projects.

Lowe may well know or even find one of them, but not from the ranks of professional investors

So the logic and the post is just flawed mate

WH Ireland.

Leading.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm who is it that is always suggesting things shouldn't be turned into a class war?

"but we have a man in such demand in the city that we could never afford to pay him if we were to hire him for his services. We are, quite frankly, getting the services of the most progressive chairman in the game, and one of the city’s luminaries, gratis."

Funniest quote ever IMHO. Massive, massive LOL.

Scooby

Congratulations.

The new Saints Web has, I'm afraid, had a pretty dull launch. The team are almost playing proper football for the first time in memory, we won a cup match and have yougsters with some passion.

It has been extremely difficult to actually find any interesting threads, mostly we have been in varying degrees of tacit agreement, with just the extremities not quite in line.

To be frank, it's been BORING. The only moments had really come in the people not at the game thread, but even then they still produced a basic consensus.

But now, thanks to the miracles of technology, you've been ripped off a couple of cents by transferring your dollars a day before the rate plummeted and used your wise investment to great effect and HOORAY, it's just like the old days!

All we need now is Sundance, tommac and lls and we'll have Saints Web back in the land of pure comedy that it so truly belongs.

Lowe has been in business for a long time. His new operation appears to be professional and has a customer base of wise investors. As such it is the LAST place that one would expect to find anybody stupid enough to put 50million into SLH before the recession shows signs of bottoming out or Lowe's turnaround plan succeeds.

So no, investment won't come from professional investors, it will come from somebody with an ego or with a need to build international recognition for their brand or somebody with a long term view of US$1billion urban regeneration projects.

Lowe may well know or even find one of them, but not from the ranks of professional investors

For all of those who bit - this is the right response to Scooby's trolling

Scooby

Congratulations.

That's what I would've written earlier if I could've been arsed.

"but we have a man in such demand in the city that we could never afford to pay him if we were to hire him for his services. We are, quite frankly, getting the services of the most progressive chairman in the game, and one of the city’s luminaries, gratis."

Funniest quote ever IMHO. Massive, massive LOL.

Yes, I liked that one as well - a classic among so many from the master himself. But why the hell do so many on here persist in taking Scooby seriously? I really don't get that at all.

That's what I would've written earlier if I could've been arsed.

Killing time mate - got daughter here on her hols with her chappie.

They leave Saturday morning, and discovered my Life on Mars & Ashes to Ashes DVD collection.

That means I can't get to my telly to watch my downloads of Torchwood until they've done their 3 hours. (11 hours left to go!) and I prefer to drool over Keely Hawes without family members around (winky smiley thing)

Anyway nearly time to kick them out hooray!

Killing time mate - got daughter here on her hols with her chappie.

They leave Saturday morning, and discovered my Life on Mars & Ashes to Ashes DVD collection.

That means I can't get to my telly to watch my downloads of Torchwood until they've done their 3 hours. (11 hours left to go!) and I prefer to drool over Keely Hawes without family members around (winky smiley thing)

Anyway nearly time to kick them out hooray!

Lol - I take it they don't read this forum then!?