FM 2009 - out today - have they fixed anything?

stevegrant

Apparently they've made a complete balls-up of the new product registration/activation procedure they've tried to implement for this year's release.

It seems that, in order to run the game, you need to have already activated it. If you don't have an internet connection, you can do it over the phone. Good to see that SI are moving with the times and doing away with all that old-fashioned DRM and copy-protection nonsense... :lol:

They've had problems with:

a) some of the characters in the product key printed on the back of the user guide being illegible/ambiguous;

b) activation phone line simply cutting users off after they've entered their product key

c) the download service stating that users don't have an internet connection, despite said users posting on internet forums at the same time

Oops.

15 hours after the game was released, they've issued a patch!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60956

Some ****ing hilarious bugs in there - my favourites:

Fixed rare bug where keeper can fumble save as result of foul off ball between 2 other players

Fixed rare instance of keeper leaving save until ball is already over the line

Fixed bug where keepers allow back passes that are deflected to go into goal

and the best of the lot...

Fixed striker diving to head ball out of keepers hands when yards away

:lol:

Cant wait to install this tomorrow now then. FFS.

As per Matt Le god is nowhere to be seen when ploppy poo poo hits the fan.

I'm sure he'll still try to defend the indefensible.

The long and short of it is that SI have, once again, released a product that isn't fit for purpose at the time of release (hence having to release a patch 15 hours later). They've tried to prevent piracy with a over-complicated product registration process which hasn't been tested to cope with the likely demand on the first day of release and has proven to be completely incapable of handling the number of requests.

LOL at the mock up below..

fm09.jpg

On the flipside, what a piece of utter ****. I'm certainly not going to have a pop at Matt Le God though like some on here - ****ing hell, he only does the research!

Anyway, jeeeeesus... typical SI though... You'll get the usual wanngers come online on the SI forum, making it out that they are actually doing the customer a favour and that we're being unreasonable. Surely, surely, after all the ****ing around in the past they could have seen this coming?

To make matters worse, I now can't find my ****ing passport (I gave up trying to install) and thought I'd go do something constructive - Ooops.

I pre-ordered it with 'The Hut'. Didnt arrive today. F*ckers. Oh well doesnt look like i am missing much

It's meltdown on the SI forum and I can understand why.

It's a shambles, you have to activate and legitimise your copy twice (pointless, 'cos the pirates have already cracked it by now, lol) and upon reaching the second stage of activation, no-one can get their game authorised 'cos the servers of host (SoftAnchor - there's a joke in there somewhere) are collapsing under the weight of people trying to activate their game.

Luckily, I activated mine after JUST 3 HOURS but had to re-install because it had installed faulty during the first stage of activation (Steam).

To make matters worse for some, there are a whole host of faults on installation which are screwing alot of people up. Some peoples keys are invalid, some are typed so poorly that it is practically impossible to decipher between 1's, l's, 0's, and capital o's etc... that's just to mention just a couple... Amusing in some ways how much it has backfired on SI as it's probably encouraged many, many people to go out and seek pirated copies.

Oh joy. You're really missing out!