USB Driver Problem (I think!!)

wheels

Can any of you PC experts help me please?

I have bought a Sureshot GPS device, which has software included on the obligatory CD. Anyway, I loaded the software iaw the instructions and then windows did it's usual, taking over when I connected the device to the PC via the USB port.

Problem is that whenever I connect the device via USB, although I get the usual sound to let me know it is connected, windows is not 'finding' it. By that I mean it is not showing as a removable device and when I try and open the software, it doesn't open.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the software but don't have the technical knowledge to uninstall the USB driver so that I can start again from scratch.

Anyone able to offer any help please?

Thanks

Do your other usb devices work i.e printer, memory stick?

I have also this before where the device is not recognised and to rectify this problem we have powered down the pc at the mains so all current on the mainboard disharges 100%

Then start again

Do your other usb devices work i.e printer, memory stick?

I have also this before where the device is not recognised and to rectify this problem we have powered down the pc at the mains so all current on the mainboard disharges 100%

Then start again

Just tried my memory sticks - 2 work, 1 doesn't (typically it's the one I use most!!).

Powered off, switched off at wall, turned it all on again and same situation :smt091

Help!!

Yeah it is.

I think the installation of drivers from the new device has knackered the system somehow. I have just tried on my laptop which is XP, and the same problems, the Sandisk USB Mem stick won't work, but others will.

I ****ing hate computers