Need info on installing CCTV!

Marsdinho

I've been asked by a mate of mine to install a CCTV system into his aviary. Its a big aviary, it houses around 10 birds of prey, and is based at a large hotel.

He wants to install 12 cameras to cover both monitoring birds and monitoring the building. So far, I've come up with this http://hdcctv.co.uk/products/960h-professional-12-camera-internal-external-cctv-system-xs960vv12-1tb

But there is a problem, the aviary is at least 600ft away from the hotel and isn't within range of the wifi, its not possible to move it any closer and there are brick walls etc in any line of sight. So I need help with suggestions on how to connect the aviary up to a network so that the images can be viewed remotely (the idea is that guests at the hotel can view the images on their smart phones and my friend can monitor from his home)

There is a 3G signal there, but I don't know what equipment etc I need to set it all up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A little bit more work, but dig a channel from hotel to aviary, put in a network cable with appropriate trunking to ensure it is kept nice and safe and connect it old skool using a wire....

Indeed. Just like how Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winterwatch do it.

A little bit more work, but dig a channel from hotel to aviary, put in a network cable with appropriate trunking to ensure it is kept nice and safe and connect it old skool using a wire....

This was my first thought as well - and if you go this route then I would suggest that you don't just throw the one in, do two at least for some redundancy. But you might also want to go back to the website that you've quoted and look at their own range extension options. If you've got another 500 quid in the budget you could throw in a 2km short range LOS transceiver - save the digging...!

http://hdcctv.co.uk/products/wireless-options