Balance?

Redondo Saint

I don't think we have the right balance of youth and experience. Getting 1 or 2 seasoned pros' from this league (not the Premier) should be a priority. We need a bit more experience in the squad, especially to cope with the cold winter midweek away games up north playing against older, tougher pro's. Playing 'total football' in these conditions will be tough.

some of the players touted (not all) will be sold for the right offer and if we agree terms.

This may release some of the money saved for loans.

If, by the end of the transfer window, they are still with us, then they will be re-integrated into the first team squad to play for their places.

Another thread on this, fantastic. I hope it isn't from anyone who moaned about our seasoned pros last season. We have Perry, Svensson, Wotton, Euell, John, Davies, Davis, and even Surman, Dyer and BWP have a bit of experience. That doesn't leave many real youngsters does it. McGoldrick, Thomson, Gillet, Schneiderlin and James being the main ones, and most people who've seen them will be delighted they're getting a chance.

Maybe we'll bring in someone else on loan. I imagine we're waiting to see what happens with Rasiak, Davis, Skacel and anyone else they want to sell.

Exactly. I think so too.

Another thread on this, fantastic. I hope it isn't from anyone who moaned about our seasoned pros last season. We have Perry, Svensson, Wotton, Euell, John, Davies, Davis, and even Surman, Dyer and BWP have a bit of experience. That doesn't leave many real youngsters does it. McGoldrick, Thomson, Gillet, Schneiderlin and James being the main ones, and most people who've seen them will be delighted they're getting a chance.

Maybe we'll bring in someone else on loan. I imagine we're waiting to see what happens with Rasiak, Davis, Skacel and anyone else they want to sell.

Only another thread on this if you take the negative they are going to be sold approach!!!

One of McMenemy's redeeming features are the quality of the older pro's he got in. Osgood, England striker had oodles of skill and a great talker on the pitch, Ball, world cup winner - fantastic passer, great talker, later on he brought in the likes of Watson to play alongside Wright, Mick Mills, Keegan and then Worthington. All these player had one thing in common at one stage in their career they were the best in the country in their position.

Unfortunately wages and transfer fees nowaday will not allow that to happen for CCC sides other than maybe the those on parachute payments or those with rich investors we have neither. Yet again McMenemy has desserted the ship when he is most needed and we are restricted to trying the same approach with seasoned pros. I think the knack is to get those who can pass on their know how and experience like those above I am not sure we have them at the moment.

It is a long time until the end of September when the loan window shuts.

We cannot afford anyone now and to be honest is ANYONE on here qualified to say which of the youngsters is NOT going to stay in the team until then or who we will be left with?

You know often threads start because we've been used to GB or others NOT seeing the bleeding obvious. With JP at the moment we haven't seen any signs at all that he is thick. Inexperienced of course, but nothing to say he is so thick he needs us to state the obvious.

The youngsters play, they learn, WE learn, the management learn, THEN when we have freed up some places in the squad and hopefully BEFORE the end of September we can get in players that we NEED and ADD to the squad.

If we learn we need a bricksh*thouse we can get one. If we need a hold-up forward we can get one, if we need more FB's we can get one or two. But right now we have no idea as we don't know two critical FACTS

1) Which kids will hack it

2) Which players in the squad that we want to go will actually be bought

When you have no money you don't risk everything on the divided opnions of the fanbase

ie we'd be boody stupid to get in a leftback and Rudi stays....

I don't think we have the right balance of youth and experience. Getting 1 or 2 seasoned pros' from this league (not the Premier) should be a priority. We need a bit more experience in the squad, especially to cope with the cold winter midweek away games up north playing against older, tougher pro's. Playing 'total football' in these conditions will be tough.

or we could drop that litte elf, gillett, and play wotton who was quality on tuesday. I still say the spine of the team should be Davis-svensson-wotton-stern

Yet again McMenemy has desserted the ship when he is most needed and we are restricted to trying the same approach with seasoned pros

Wondered how long before someone started having a go at Lawrie. He has hardly deserted a sinking ship. He was pushed out by Lowe and Wilde. We all know that Lowe and Lawrie do not get on. Many people, not including me, are very glad of this. Personally as you suggest Lowe (or more particularly JP) could do with some good advice.