Oven

Guan 2.0

Hello all!

I'm looking a for a new, built in double gas oven (not freestanding). it must be a true double, as single plus grill won't really work for me. Price is less important than quality, so anything up to £700 is fine. If anybody has any good or bad experiences, please feel free to share. And if anyone has access to an oven expert or a subscription to Which?, that would be appreciated too. :)

I've found Stoves to be very good and not hideously expensive. I had a built-under double oven a few years back which was excellent; it had two proper ovens though neither was massive. If you go for a high-level built-in job, of course, you'll get more height and therefore two full-size ovens. The one I had was electric and not gas, but I'm pretty sure Stoves do gas as well.

We have an electric single oven, an induction hob and a combi microwave - best of all worlds ( until we get a power cut). We were very unsure about the hob (built in in a brand new house) but wouldn't ever want anything else now. So efficient and so easy to clean. The microwave easily works as a second oven.

Why do want gas btw? Received wisdom is gas for hobs, electric for ovens.

Running costs are lower, and i've never taken to electric ovens. Strange I Know. But I love induction hobs, hence the need for oven only.

Running costs are lower, and i've never taken to electric ovens. Strange I Know. But I love induction hobs, hence the need for oven only.

How do you find the induction hob for cooking? Getting a range this week with induction hob (no gas in the area).

How do you find the induction hob for cooking? Getting a range this week with induction hob (no gas in the area).

It's so easy! Get a model with a timer. If the cooking time is 7 mins, put the timer on for 5, the residual heat will complete the job. No mess, no fuss.

• 2 weeks later...

BUilt in or under counter? We have a double oven by Electrolux. Decent size ovens (great for Xmas meals for 10+ ppl) but heat is a bit uneven.

I'd have prefered the Bosch version as it had digital controls - surely more useful but a bit more geeky. Have no idea who does the "slide inside" doors oven on the British Bake Off - is it neff?

BUilt in or under counter? We have a double oven by Electrolux. Decent size ovens (great for Xmas meals for 10+ ppl) but heat is a bit uneven.

I'd have prefered the Bosch version as it had digital controls - surely more useful but a bit more geeky. Have no idea who does the "slide inside" doors oven on the British Bake Off - is it neff?

It has to be built in, to replace the current POS....