FM 2009 Best Players

saint_stevo

Stephen Carr, Lucian Smaertan(sp?), Lamine Diatta and Ugur Yildirim are very good freebies along with Trabelsi if you can get a WP.

They are quality, picked em both up.

Im not doing too bad, 5th after 26games, Merida is the boy and Chopra rips em home. Otsemobor pretty good too.

my team-

John/Mifsud---------Chopra

Holmes/Surman------Merida--------Lucian Sarmartan (sp)

------------Schneiderlin------------

Fabio---------Cork---------Svensson------Otsemobor

------------------Davis----------------

Just got Merida, Chopra and Fabio all on loan for the rest of the season. Not paying a penny in wages for any of them apart from 6k p/w for Chopra. Nice tips, they all look awesome, especially Chopra he should be class for me this season.

Had to sell John, Euell, Bialkowski, James and BWP to give me some money to bring a few new faces in. Mostly looking at some free transfers at the moment and once i've got some decent free's in i'll see where my squad is and spend some money on key areas.

The only thing i'm a little bit dissapointed in is how poor Lallana looks, some of the garbage saints players like James and Wotton have much better stats.

Edited by Andy_Porter

Just got Merida, Chopra and Fabio all on loan for the rest of the season. Not paying a penny in wages for any of them apart from 6k p/w for Chopra. Nice tips, they all look awesome, especially Chopra he should be class for me this season.

Had to sell John, Euell, Bialkowski, James and BWP to give me some money to bring a few new faces in. Mostly looking at some free transfers at the moment and once i've got some decent free's in i'll see where my squad is and spend some money on key areas.

The only thing i'm a little bit dissapointed in is how poor Lallana looks, some of the garbage saints players like James and Wotton have much better stats.

Chopra, 18 in his last 14 games......

that lucian bloke we spoke of earlier is good too, Lallana has decentish stats for me, still on the bench a lot for me at the moment though

Transfer Out:

Jason Euell 90k

Bartoz Bialkowski 375k

BWP 210k

Lloyd James 650k

Wayne Thomas 180k

Transfers in:

Fabio - Loan

Fran Merida - Loan

Michael Chopra - Loan

Lucian Sanmartaen - Free

Ulises De La Cruz - Free

Nik Omladic - 35k

Binya - 190k - Looks quality so far a box to box African midfielder with really good stats

Mascio - 28k

Shelton Martis - 45k - Looks like a bargain, he was on the transfer list valued at 1.2m but WBA only wanted 45k.

Adrian Leijer - 500k - Young and quite good, not 100% sure he was worth 500k but I was getting desperate for another CB and he can also play on the left.

---------Chopra

Skacel Sanmarean McGoldrick

-----Schneiderlin Binya

Surman Leijer Cork De La Cruz

---------Davis

Edited by Andy_Porter

Just been promoted via the play offs, and have been given a measly £1.3 mill to spend to keep us up in the Prem.

Ignore any doubts over the stats, Lallana is a star. Scored 19 for me plus 10 assists from an attacking midfield role and now worth nearly 6 million. Spiderman is also brilliant and now virtually every club in France want him. Gasmi is quality too, and a must have signing.

Hi Guys.

I started with Saints but just found it too heart breaking being in control of the train wreck that we are! So i am now brighton, made some class signings, my team is;

Forstar---------Robbie Fowler

Ljunburg!------Junior--------Lucian Sarmartan (sp)

------------Livermore------------

Richards (Ipswich-Loan)------zakuani (Loan)---------Elphick------Whing

--------------Ruddy--------------------

Had a patchy start, now won 5 on the bounce including Leeds 4-0 away from home! Not sure how i signed Freddie Ljunberg for 12K, bargain, he runs the show!

I think I might have to get some more RAM for my PC, this game is starting to run really slow. I thought it might be my GFX card driver but i've updated that and it's still really sluggish. It's annoying because 2008 run really smooth and this version is like constantly "not responding" and then after a minute sorting itself out.

I'm still playing the demo and having mixed fortunes. What formations are you guys playing? I've tried 433, 442, 442 Diamond, and I'm currently trying a 4231. None of these have been particularly consistent.

I bought Sanmaertan, who looks great for a freebis, but first game he got injured in the first minute and is now out for 4 or 5 months. Great!

that is a dodgy formation if ever i saw one!

4-1-3-2 is the way, with a holding midfielder

I do like to be different!

It's not quite as strange as it looks. Schneiderlin just sits in front of the back four and Binya comes back to help alot, the two full backs are very attacking and the four attacking players are all over the place.

My main downfall is not having any quick centre backs, I get battered by any quick strikers.

In an interview with ShortList magazine that I read on the bus this morning, Miles Jacobson says the top young players are:

Cristian Zapata - Udinese

Gabriel Obertan - Bordeaux

Robert Acquafresca - Inter

Marek Hamsik - Napoli

Freddy Adu - Benfica

Henri Saivet - Bordeaux

Trouble is, not a single one of those will come to Saints.

Freddy Adu is no big revelation either, one of the best players on the last 3 games....

Is Cardenas still around or has he disappeared?

Matej Rapnik. Amazing DLC. Purchased for £750k.

I have managed to get Insua, Chopra and Merida on loan with no wage contribution. I am playing Chopra upfront alone with 3 AM's. Merida on the left, Sanmartaen Central, Yildirim on right. With Gasmi, Llanna as back up. I play Binya and Schneiderlin infront of the back 4, which consists of Insua, Rapnik, Cork and James. Davis in goal with Jourdren as sub keeper.