Too funny to not pass on.....

Ohio Saint

The fact that Ann Coulter a regular on Fox news hates it suggest that it is probably winning over fans. As for her viewing figures, ONLY football beats those figures no other sport. I am also looking forward to her going Mano y Mano with the next Osama Bin Laden, as using an army is for sissy's apparently. And anyone who moves to this country will understand that the metric system is far easier to use, becasue mens belts in this country might be a bit bigger than they used to be. And while we are at it round abouts are beginning to appear here and i love them.

Mostly just dull generic religious-right drivel, but I raised an eyebrow at this line: " An inch is the width of a man's thumb, a foot the length of his foot, a yard the length of his belt."

Wow. Never realised Americans are such a strange shape.

Just the usual miss informed drivel from a right wing pseudo religeous sock muppet with a deluded and completely insular view of white American superiority. leaders of the free world ? do me a favour.

I thought it was funny for all those reasons. Where did I say it was credible?

Wtf is she on about? American football is a poor mans rugby, basketball is a British invention, as is baseball and the number of people who watch the World Cup number in the hundreds of millions!

Typical American centric crap from someone who has never watched the game I suspect.

Baseball is played by girls in British schools when I was young,it was called Rounders. The Wold Cup Final without doubt will be the biggest watched event in Sports since the last World Cup Final. Oh yeah and something else you thick american b*tch Our World Cup allows teams from other countries to play not just teams from the USA.

Seems like a WUM.

Personally I don't want it to catch on over there. If it does, with their population, resources and will to win, they'll get good at it. And if they get good at it they'll want to change it.

Plus, I hate the way they speak.

Say what you mean GB, don't beat about the bush.

Baseball is played by girls in British schools when I was young,it was called Rounders. The Wold Cup Final without doubt will be the biggest watched event in Sports since the last World Cup Final. Oh yeah and something else you thick american b*tch Our World Cup allows teams from other countries to play not just teams from the USA.

An American non-sport related forum that I use has a poll thread asking if you would rather watch soccer or baseball.......Surprisingly, soccer leads 24-22!

I can only assume that the growth in soccer in the USA relies on people that do not already have a sport to follow.

I thought it was funny for all those reasons. Where did I say it was credible?

You didn't and I'm sorry no dig at you intended I was t odds with the spirit of your thread, it's just me, 2 years ago I would have been laughing at her too but I'm beyond laughing at these dangerously simplistic people now. They worry me too much!

You didn't and I'm sorry no dig at you intended I was t odds with the spirit of your thread, it's just me, 2 years ago I would have been laughing at her too but I'm beyond laughing at these dangerously simplistic people now. They worry me too much!

No worries. I know exactly what you mean!

She doesn't deserve the attention. Just one example of scores of ultra right-wing pundits on US TV who vie with each other to spout the most outrageous, retrogressive nonsense they can come up with.

She is also not very good with the facts - often making stuff up. Here's the transcript from an interview she did with the CBC's Bob McKeown, when she tried to convince him, contrary to the facts, that Canadian troops participated in the Vietnam War.

"Coulter: We were on Hannity and Colmes discussing the...the antiwar protestors. Canada...used to be one of our most...most loyal friends, and vice versa. Canada sent troops to Vietnam. Was Vietnam less containable, and more of a threat than Saddam?...

Host: (interrupting Coulter) No, actually Canada did not send troops to Vietnam.

Coulter: I don’t think that’s right.

Host: Canada did not send troops to Vietnam.

Coulter: (looking puzzled) Indochina?

Host: No. Canada...Second World War, of course, Korea, yes...

Coulter: (talking over him) I think you’re wrong.

Host: Vietnam, no, took a pass on Vietnam

Coulter: I think you’re wrong.

Host: No. Australia was there, not Canada

Coulter: I think Canada sent troops.

Host: (shaking his head no)

Coulter: I’ll get back to you on that.

Host: OK.

Voice: (haughtily) Coulter never got back to us. But for the record, like Iraq, Canada sent no troops to Vietnam."

The woman who wrote this diatribe about "Soccer" is an American ultra right wing political troll. Bear that in mind if you read her little rant about soccer here: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/opinion/columnists/2014/06/25/coulter-growing-interest-soccer-sign-nations-moral-decay/11372137/

Personally, I laughed my ass off! :D

You forgot to mention the chippiness that she displays. Soccer started off at the middle class schools, so is seen (or was seen) as a bit elitist.

But as for this manliness off "Grid Iron", there is that apocryphal story about the US playing the Irish and/or Aussies at Gaelic/Aussie rules. They were a little perturbed when the Irish/Aussies turned up without any padding or helmets.

Quiet amusing.

When the Septics had the World Cup in 1994 housewives were polled on their thoughts of Soccer, the overriding comment was when their husbands said they were going to the bar on the way home from work to watch the game with friends they knew pretty much when their beloved would be walking through the door for dinner, unlike American Football games where their other halves might rock up at home 4-6 hours after kick off!

Defense

Organize

Color

Favorite

Draft

Tire

Aluminum

There!

You're barking up the wrong tree with organize... It's an original English spelling from the 1500s and still preferred by various UK outlets...

The OED for one recommends using '-ize' and lists that variant first, before '-ise'. Apparently the theory is that these suffixes are derived from Greek and in Greek it's spelt -ize. The -ise ending is a French invention.

Quiet amusing.

When the Septics had the World Cup in 1994 housewives were polled on their thoughts of Soccer, the overriding comment was when their husbands said they were going to the bar on the way home from work to watch the game with friends they knew pretty much when their beloved would be walking through the door for dinner, unlike American Football games where their other halves might rock up at home 4-6 hours after kick off!

Having been to the US for the 94 World Cup I can confirm that had housewives been polled about the World Cup they'd have all said "the what?", and any with husbands going to bars to watch it would have found that not only was it not on in bars, but also that the wives actually hoped they were having an affair in preference to being a soccer hooligan.