FM07 - help please

Saint Paul C

Just started playing FM07 (mate gave me his disc) and have just got Saints promoted to Prem league in my first season (beat Sunderland 3-1 in play-off final.....)

Anyway, I've not got much of a transfer budget and need to strengthen the team for next season - can you recommend any decent players to try and sign.

My team at the end of the season was

Kelvin Davis - GK

Curtis Osano - RB

Pele - CB

Killer - CB

Bale - LB

Licka - MR

Denilison - MC (on loan from Arsenal)

Dailly - MC

Skacel - ML

Buzacky - AMC

Rasiak - ST

Any recommendations would be great.

Cheers, Paul.

I'm still playing this one too. Loans help you out A LOT and there is no number of how many foreign loans you can bring in either. Mostly you can get them wage-free too so stock up!

Each game is different though, but I'll have a look at who I signed when I got Saints promoted and get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Taarabt from spurs on loan always did well for me, and as posted above, if you go abroad you can have umpteen loan signings, ignacio camacho of A.Madrid is a good one to get in, always try the big foreign teams reserves, anyone who's any good bid for them wage free and you will get at least 3-4 to pep up your squad

If you can get them, the following will do well for you.

They have done well for me as Saints in the prem, keeping me up the first season and getting me into Europe the following 2 seasons...

Mauro Zarate (ST) Golden boot in prem x 2

Danny Haynes (ST) Golden boot in prem x 1

Lehtorrava (GK) Amazing, young and cheap to buy

Piatti (AMC) Amazing attacking midfielder, cheap to buy (If hasnt moved already)

Rafael & Fabio from Man U (As mentioned above) (WBK's) Good loan or free when contracts end.

Joe Mattock (WBK) normally a million or two from Leicester

Daniel Sturridge (ST) Turns out to be a regular england international, very good

Cahais (CB) - Amazing CB, wanted by Barcelona, Real, Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal etc etc. Maybe a little pricy but well worth it.

If you're short of funds, try offloading loads of players. When I start the game I always sell most of the team, Rasiak, Saga, John, Viafara, Wright, Davis, Euell, Makin, BWP, Dyer, Skacel, Idiakez, Ostlund...

This should generate atleast £4m and free's up wages too