Sim Racing Fans

jasonb

Anybody out there into Sim racing?

I have worked in this genre of games for almost 15 years and my latest game is out there in Beta on Steam.

Here is a video of Christian Vietoris (current DTM driver) presenting Budapest track to DTM fans using RaceRoom EVO http://lnkd.in/d86AJks

This is in no way intended as a plug to go buy it. It's free to play with options to buy more tracks/cars in game. Besides, its a niche market but thought I would share as I think it's pretty cool to see a pro driver driving something I made :)

I build the cars btw and do all the setup stuff. A bit boring at times but fun when the product gets out there and this kind of exposure happens.

I was heavily involved in the Grand Prix Legends community centered around RaceSimCentral (later rscnet.org) where I was an admin. My brother works for SimBin/Raceroom although they seem to have gone bankrupt quite recently. Can't check out your stuff as I am on a phone browser, but are you familiar with any of the sites and companies I mention? It seems a very small community at times where everyone knows each other...

Sim Racing does interest me, once my house move is concluded I am thinking of investing in a decent wheel/peddles set up and seeing if I can get into it.

I am a little lost as to where to start though, are there any beginner categories I could have a go in just to enjoy or is it all utterly serious? With my job I will not be able to dedicate hours and hours to car set-up and track learning, I just want to have some fun with it.

I am a little lost as to where to start though, are there any beginner categories I could have a go in just to enjoy or is it all utterly serious?

I used to race on an online Forza group which I thought would be good but was too serious. You end up in a race with people all over the place (US,EUR,AUS) so the lag isnt the best, you can race for 25-30 laps and make a small mistake and two of you end up in the wall and get accused of deliberately taking them out. Yet a long term member can take a few cars out on the first bend and its an accident! Can't say I done much after a few races....wasn't the fact the top guys were ridiculously good as well so had no chance!! :)

I can only imagine Sim Racing is a step above this too!