1400 incidents of sexual abuse in Rotherham. Admissions of cover-up based on race

Rasiak-9-

"Several councillors interviewed believed that by opening up these issues they could be 'giving oxygen' to racist perspectives that might in turn attract extremist political groups and threaten community cohesion. To some extent this concern was valid, with the apparent targeting of the town by groups such as the English Defence League. The Deputy Council Leader (2011-2014) from the Pakistani-heritage community was clear that he had not understood the scale of the CSE problem in Rotherham until 2013. He then disagreed with colleague elected members on the way to approach it. He had advocated taking the issue 'head on' but had been overruled. He was one of the elected members who said they thought the criminal

- 94 -

convictions in 2010 were 'a one-off, isolated case', and not an example of a more deep-rooted problem of Pakistani-heritage perpetrators targeting young white"

Source: http://www.rotherham.gov.uk/downloads/file/1407/independent_inquiry_cse_in_rotherham

How will the huggie fluffy lefties on here respond to this then without inducing vomit from normal people ?

I think it's disgusting these Pakistani types can do this. It makes me so happy that you would never ever see any white or British men committing rape, or sexual assault or worse still paedophilia. It must be something to do with that Ismalic religion I think. You never see this happening in the Christian Church.

Crawl back into your cave you total idiot.

Just further proof, as if it were needed, of the continued failure of multi-cultural/politically correct culture infesting many of our towns and cities.

I don't get this attitude of blame everything on multiculturalism or politcal correctness. It's utter nonsense.

People of all races, religions, backgrounds rape and sexually assault women. I've said on here that in many people male attitudes towards women are disgusting, and I got all sorts of abuse (even called girls names - which kind of strengthens the point I was making). Until men (all men of every background) stop seeing women as toys for them to have their way with as and when they want this will go on.

It's not about political correctness, it's about attitudes and education.

I don't get this attitude of blame everything on multiculturalism or politcal correctness. It's utter nonsense.

People of all races, religions, backgrounds rape and sexually assault women. I've said on here that in many people male attitudes towards women are disgusting, and I got all sorts of abuse (even called girls names - which kind of strengthens the point I was making). Until men (all men of every background) stop seeing women as toys for them to have their way with as and when they want this will go on.

It's not about political correctness, it's about attitudes and education.

In this instance it really is about political correctness gone mad. When 1400 young girls are abused over a 16 year period and it is totally ignored because the perpetrators were mainly Asian men and it was thought they might be seen as 'racist' if they acted.

In this instance it really is about political correctness gone mad. When 1400 young girls are abused over a 16 year period and it is totally ignored because the perpetrators were mainly Asian men and it was thought they might be seen as 'racist' if they acted.

So put the fault where it lies, I say.

At the end of the day, the people in charge of child welfare put their own career considerations ahead of the welfare of 1,400 kids.

They preferred to stay silent, keep their jobs and not be perceived as racist, when they should have been building cases against child abusers.

Hope they think their spineless stance was worth it.

I thought it was because they were worried of stirring up tensions, and it could deepen racial divides. As opposed to being seen as racist for acting?

Obviously, it's sickening what happened and the lack of action is shocking. Absolutely. But I don't think blaming political correctness solves anything. There's deeper rooted issues that need to be addressed.

How many people were sexually assaulted at the BBC over all those years (serious question, I don't know - even an estimate)? It's not just a race or background thing.

I thought it was because they were worried of stirring up tensions, and it could deepen racial divides. As opposed to being seen as racist for acting?

Obviously, it's sickening what happened and the lack of action is shocking. Absolutely. But I don't think blaming political correctness solves anything. There's deeper rooted issues that need to be addressed.

How many people were sexually assaulted at the BBC over all those years (serious question, I don't know - even an estimate)? It's not just a race or background thing.

But it is political correctness that was to blame. People were afraid to act for fear of being accused of being racist - that is the hallmark of political correctness.

You can say that again. The largely white overseers of social services had no idea what they were doing and there's a lot of reciprocal dehumanisation going on. The men that have committed these crimes clearly don't hold white girls in the same regard as they do their mothers and sisters. Batting for whitey, holepuncture thinks immigrants are vermin while Sour Mash has referred to immigration as an infestation on this thread. Clearly, they don't hold immigrants in much regard either.

I think that's a fair assessment. Being branded a racist was a career ender and folk we scared to act because of it. That said, failure to act to protect kids by putting your career first makes you utter scum.

But it is political correctness that was to blame. People were afraid to act for fear of being accused of being racist - that is the hallmark of political correctness.

Jesus.

The abusers are responsible for the abuse.

Cases of individual cowardice were to blame for it continuing and covering it up.

Or do you think it justified to keep silent about 1400 abuse cases to preserve your own personal reputation?

You can say that again. The largely white overseers of social services had no idea what they were doing and there's a lot of reciprocal dehumanisation going on. The men that have committed these crimes clearly don't hold white girls in the same regard as they do their mothers and sisters. Batting for whitey, holepuncture thinks immigrants are vermin while Sour Mash has referred to immigration as an infestation on this thread. Clearly, they don't hold immigrants in much regard either.

That is a good point. I think that if there had been more minority representation then they would have been unlikely to have had stood by and let it happen.

Jesus.

The abusers are responsible for the abuse.

Cases of individual cowardice were to blame for it continuing and covering up.

Or do you think it justified to keep silent about 1400 abuse cases to preserve your own personal reputation?

No the culture of political correctness was to blame. It intimidates people into not speaking out for fear of being labelled racist.

I haven't referred to immigration as "an infestation", so please don't try to make things up.

Again, sadly a lot of men just don't hold women in the same regard they hold men. It may be true that not all men are guilty of this, but 99.99% of girls/women will have been exposed to some form of sexual harrassment/abuse. It's a sickeningly common occurrence that men just don't seem to want to address or perhaps come to terms with the fact they are often culpable to some extent themselves.

Trying to blame this on immigration, political correctness, multiculturalism or anything along those lines is simply sweeping the problem under the carpet.

No the culture of political correctness was to blame. It intimidates people into not speaking out for fear of being labelled racist.

It intimidates cowards.

There is no way I'd have kept silent in those circumstances.

I haven't referred to immigration as "an infestation", so please don't try to make things up.

Just further proof, as if it were needed, of the continued failure of multi-cultural/politically correct culture infesting many of our towns and cities.

Pretty close, mush.

Exactly. I'm afraid he struggles to understand simple points though.

Yes, clearly it was that nasty evil construct 'Political Correctness', scourge of the everyman that assaulted those kids.

Definitely not a bunch of reprehensible men. It could never happen elsewhere, under different supervision, perpetrated by a totally different background of person. It sure as hell should not be mens attitudes that are blamed. It's that political correctness. Definitely.

Jesus wept.

Again, sadly a lot of men just don't hold women in the same regard they hold men. It may be true that not all men are guilty of this, but 99.99% of girls/women will have been exposed to some form of sexual harrassment/abuse. It's a sickeningly common occurrence that men just don't seem to want to address or perhaps come to terms with the fact they are often culpable to some extent themselves.

Trying to blame this on immigration, political correctness, multiculturalism or anything along those lines is simply sweeping the problem under the carpet.

Well, there's that as well. Raised as I was in a tyrannical multi-racial matriarchy, it never really caught on.

FWIW, I do think multi-culturalism, particularly the in-group/out-group mentality that can occur amongst ethnic groups, is a big factor in all of this. Self-validation within an in-group can be incredibly dangerous. If everyone you hang around with tells you you're doing nothing wrong, then it's a lot easier to do wrong all along the scale, from club drug buddies to rampaging international extremists. I'm not the least bit interested in seeing that a particular group is protected, especially if they're guilty and especially if there are broader problems we need to understand.

This isn't the first time we've seen an Asian grooming gang case; if there are underlying cultural factors that are helping to cause this, then they need to be investigated.

What I don't agree with are the extremes that people like to discuss these cases on. For some, it's validation that political correctness has gone too far, or that Enoch Powell was right and that this is just the tip of the iceberg. The spineless c**ts that were supposed to be protecting kids obviously went the other way, not wanting to believe that any of it was possible.

The priority in these cases should always be the same; give us the f**king truth and let us handle what's real, not whatever spin you've put on it.

Yes, clearly it was that nasty evil construct 'Political Correctness', scourge of the everyman that assaulted those kids.

Definitely not a bunch of reprehensible men. It could never happen elsewhere, under different supervision, perpetrated by a totally different background of person. It sure as hell should not be mens attitudes that are blamed. It's that political correctness. Definitely.

Jesus wept.

Political correctness did not abuse the first 50 cases but when the Asian theme was identified and no action was taken then it was very much to blame for the remaining 1350 cases.

Political correctness did not abuse the first 50 cases but when the Asian theme was identified and no action was taken then it was very much to blame for the remaining 1350 cases.

Let's play Sergei is Child Protection Officer.

Scenario:

You are aware of mounting evidence that children in your bailiwick are being abused. Statements from witnesses indicate that the perpetrators are Asian.

Do you?

1) Report the crimes to the police, using the cumulative weight of witness statements as a springboard for a robust investigation, leading to watertight convictions.

2) Think "nah, I might look a bit racist and lose my job", then cover it all up.

Also, which choice do you reckon fits the "child protection" job description better?

Scenario:

You are aware of mounting evidence that children in your bailiwick are being abused. Statements from witnesses indicate that the perpetrators are Asian.

Do you?

1) Report the crimes to the police, using the cumulative weight of witness statements as a springboard for a robust investigation, leading to watertight convictions.

2) Think "nah, I might look a bit racist and lose my job", then cover it all up.

Also, which choice do you reckon fits the "child protection" job description better?

1 - go to the police and then they will ignore it for community cohesion. Go to the council and they will ignore it because it might be seen as racist. Become a whistle blower and then lose my job.

What should have happened is they should have gone to the Asian community and said, we have a got a problem here this is what we are going to do and this is what you should be doing. They can then tell the police to handle it sensitively with the local media so as not to stir up the EDL.

1 - go to the police and then they will ignore it for community cohesion. Go to the council and they will ignore it because it might be seen as racist. Become a whistle blower and then lose my job.

What should have happened is they should have gone to the Asian community and said, we have a got a problem here this is what we are going to do and this is what you should be doing. They can then tell the police to handle it sensitively with the local media so as not to stir up the EDL.

You yourself say you would have blown the whistle at the risk of losing your job.

So I think we can discount the political correctness angle, and go with a verdict of individual cowardice.

I disagree, there are two separate issues here. 1 - the crimes that were committed and 2 - the fact that the crimes were not acted upon or covered up.

Political correctness is clearly to blame for the second point.

Scenario:

Do you?

But option 2 only exists because of political correctness.

Saying "the rapists were all Pakistanis" is not racist, it's stating a fact.

Sorry, guys, but I have yet to see any blame at all levelled at the parents of these unfortunate children. Am I alone in thinking that they may have been in the best position to know about what their young girls were up to, or am I wrong and every one of these kids was in care?
A combination of vulnerable families known to agencies and kids in care.

But option 2 only exists because of political correctness.

I remain unconvinced by this argument. I fail to see how political correctness wins out over child protection, especially if child protection is your job.

Saying "the rapists were all Pakistanis" is not racist, it's stating a fact.

I'm not contesting this point. Way I see it, there are two guilty parties here. The Pakistani-origin abusers, and the career-fearin' cowards that covered it up.

I'm an apologist for neither.

You yourself say you would have blown the whistle at the risk of losing your job.

So I think we can discount the political correctness angle, and go with a verdict of individual cowardice.

How do you work that out. I would have lost my job because of the political correct culture of the police and council of Rotherham. Therefore that is to blame. I think it is highly likely that some people spoke out at the time but were overruled by senior management immersed in political correctness.

The one thing this is not is individual cowardice because there were dozens of people involved in the decision making process over a sixteen year period.

Sorry, guys, but I have yet to see any blame at all levelled at the parents of these unfortunate children. Am I alone in thinking that they may have been in the best position to know about what their young girls were up to, or am I wrong and every one of these kids was in care?

I heard on the radio last night that the report gives two examples of fathers who knew what was going on and went to the dwellings where their daughters were being held to try and get them out, only to be arrested themselves by the Police for threatening behaviour with no credence given to their stories. South Yorks Police should be thoroughly ashamed, but it certainly alludes to a culture of fear of racist accusation within the Police.

But that isn't the cause. The cause can be laid firmly at the door of the scumbag groups of asian men who perpetrated this and then used the race card as one barrier to investgation. However, the failure of the local authority, social services, police and general community to stamp out their behaviour is, imho, equally to blame for allowing it to continue. It is almost unbelievable that society in Rotherham is so disjointed that this was a) allowed to happen and b) virtually tolerated, especially after the 3 previous reports early in the 2000's that highlighted issues worthy of investigation. All the governing agencies appear totally spineless, incompetent and scared and essentially complicit in this disgraceful case. From what has been reported since, the idiots in charge now seem more concerned with trying to keep their jobs than even attempt to take responsibility. In the meantime hundreds of innocent kids have had their lives ruined.

How do you work that out. I would have lost my job because of the political correct culture of the police and council of Rotherham. Therefore that is to blame. I think it is highly likely that some people spoke out at the time but were overruled by senior management immersed in political correctness.

The one thing this is not is individual cowardice because there were dozens of people involved in the decision making process over a sixteen year period.

I work it out because you keep maintaining that political correctness is to blame for the cowardice of the child protection officers. It isn't; their fear is. They put their own careers ahead of child welfare, which means they shouldn't be working in child welfare.

It's always individual cowardice too; the fact that it seems to have been institution-wide is a damning indictment on the civil services' ability to cope with modern Britain. The law is the law; political considerations shouldn't enter into it.

If you actually read the report, it appears that the "troops" ie the Child Protection Officers on the ground had flagged up these issues ages ago. It was their managers who did nothing and in one case completely suppressed a report.

Many of these have since moved to senior posts in other Local Authorities and the then Council Leader is now the Police and Crime Commissioner and sees no reason why he should resign. The current Council leader did the decent thing and stepped down.

What do Local Authority managers have to do to get sacked?

If you actually read the report, it appears that the "troops" ie the Child Protection Officers on the ground had flagged up these issues ages ago. It was their managers who did nothing and in one case completely suppressed a report.

Many of these have since moved to senior posts in other Local Authorities and the then Council Leader is now the Police and Crime Commissioner and sees no reason why he should resign. The current Council leader did the decent thing and stepped down.

What do Local Authority managers have to do to get sacked?

I haven't read the in-depth report, so probably should have been less specific in identifying those that weren't doing their jobs. It's just bloody annoying when people talk about political correctness as some kind of force that people are powerless to resist. They're not, and if the failures occurred at managerial level, all the worse imo.

How will the huggie fluffy lefties on here respond to this then without inducing vomit from normal people ?

I notice that you were so sickened by this that your first thought was to come on here and use it to attack 'lefties'. And your avatar tells us everything we need to know about you, you dirty old man.