O.C.D's

saint_stevo

Got any good ones?

I have to put my beer down on the same ring on the table, i like to line my glas up exactly in the middle of the mat it is sat on, the mat must also be flush up to the edge of the table.

My tv or stereo cannot be on a random number, must be multiples of 5.

I cannot pick a phone up mid ring.

TV & radio must be on a multiple of 5

I HAVE to have a ciggy before I walk into office - Addiction not OCD?

I have to always make sure my mobile keypad is locked - A means to an annoying set back of mobile phones when they dial numbers in your pocket

I cannot drive my car with wallet in back pocket - More pain saving than OCD surely? Especially if you have a lot of coins in your wallet?

I would say only the first is OCD related

If I want to put petrol in my car (say £20) and I go over by a penny I have to go to the next £5

What do you do if you have filled it up nearly already? Drink it? Dribble it down your leg?

I too have started only putting full £'s in the car but this is for ease of balancing the company credit card I pay for the diesel with at the end of the month. And because everyone else here does it too

Any TV or stereo I buy must have perfect symetry with the buttons, so they all have to be located centrally on the TV or have equal amounts in the same place if the buttons are located to the side of the TV, e.g three on the left, then there must be three on the right, all of the same size and shape.

It ****s my head up looking at it if it doesnt and I end up conentrating on that, rather then the TV programme.

Also, photos, pictures must have perfect symetry or be level. I once had one picture that was eight inches away from the wall and another that was five[because of a window]. I lay in bed staring at them and tried to sleep, I eventually got agitated and got up about 3am and took them both down, I just couldn't cope :-)

Beer towels can't be creased, if they are, I have to straighten them up and I get agitated when someone puts their beer on it and creases it again.

I used to have a thing about overlapping the rings you get from the bottom of a wet beer glass, a bit like the symbol of the olympics.

One of the worst was when my ex used to line up her shoes in the cupboard in no particular order, so the left foot would sometimes be placed on the right, with the toes facing outwards and the right foot would be placed on the left and the toes outwards again. It used to do my head in and I had to put them correctly before I could concentrate on anything again. That OCD has now gone away and I'm comfortable with shoes placed in any order.

I have many, too many to mention but some come and go and some stay with me.

All my pockets have a special place for things, and if I reach the usual pocket for, say, my phone, and it's not there because I've put it in another pocket, I panic.

Everytime I walk past a mirror, I stop to check my face for spots or blackheads. (Even at work or shopping or whatever, though more discreetly...)

I also cannot pick up a phone mid-ring.

I am a human spell check - I proof read everything I write.

Every single clock or watch in my possession is set 5 or ten minutes fast. It makes me move quicker before work.

+ Many, many more.

I am a human spell check - I proof read everything I write.

Every single clock or watch in my possession is set 5 or ten minutes fast.

Shouldnt you use either both numerical or both alpha when expressing numbers?

Shouldnt you use either both numerical or both alpha when expressing numbers?

I'm a top pedant on this, if not CDO.

Numbers under 10 should be written as words, numbers of 10 and above are wrtten as numerals.

Unless the number starts a sentence, in which case it is always a word (I'm sure somebody will now say how do you write 13,245,367,741 as a word at the start of a sentence).

My list would be too long for one post... seriously

As I get older my list is getting longer.

JillSaint's even numbers on settings of any media.

The petrol that is a penny over.

I check and re-check about 3 times that my car is locked if I'm going to leave it for a long time during a sailing outing. My mate has noticed that one.

As a moderator I come across spelling and grammar errors all the time, and it takes quite a bit of effort to stop myself from wading in and correcting them. Peculiarly, although I try to make sure my posts are reasonably error free, if they do get by me, it doesn't really bother. Perhaps because I'm confident in my spelling/grammar abilities.

And far too many more to mention becauase I'm bored now.

I'm a top pedant on this, if not CDO.

Numbers under 10 should be written as words, numbers of 10 and above are wrtten as numerals.

Unless the number starts a sentence, in which case it is always a word (I'm sure somebody will now say how do you write 13,245,367,741 as a word at the start of a sentence).

Ooh that's deep. Personally, I love to spell out numbers, but only when it's appropriate. As in:

Thirteen billion, two hundred and forty five million, three hundred and sixty seven thousand, seven hundred and forty one.

Blimey, what a mouthful. :)

Of course it used to be: Thirteen thousand and two hundred and forty five million, blah, blah...

I check and re-check about 3 times that my car is locked if I'm going to leave it for a long time during a sailing outing. My mate has noticed that one.

As a moderator I come across spelling and grammar errors all the time, and it takes quite a bit of effort to stop myself from wading in and correcting them. Peculiarly, although I try to make sure my posts are reasonably error free, if they do get by me, it doesn't really bother. Perhaps because I'm confident in my spelling/grammar abilities.

Insert the word Me?

Deliberate irony? Nice touch

Edited by EastleighSoulBoy
Fuppin' emoticons not working. Yet again!

my duvet cover MUST lay flat at all times(as they look in catalogues).......i hate seeing it crumpled.........unless of course there's a handsome man laying on top of it!!! :D

when i was a teenager , i used to have to tap on my leg the rythm of the syllabuls of what someone near me had just said (be it directed at me or not).......luckily i have stopped that coz it used to annoy the sh1t outta me!!

i recently put all the clothes in my wardrobe in colour blocks.......don't ask me why.......i wasnt concerned about having them that way, i was just bored one day and did it!!

don't really have anymore than that.........:D......

Edited by saint boggy