Wagamamas???

sadoldgit

10 quid for a bowl of noodles and if you are lucky you might find the odd bit of chicken or prawn hiding under a spring onion. What is that all about? Marketing genius or gulliible customers?

I think I first went to one in about 1998 or so - was good then, something really different. But since they've expanded, they seemed to have got that bland chain food taste - never bother anymore.

I think I first went to one in about 1998 or so - was good then, something really different. But since they've expanded, they seemed to have got that bland chain food taste - never bother anymore.

I have to agree, the same thing happened to me! Great food first time but then about four years back, it lost its flavour.

Another vote for the katsu curry. To die for

At least you get some meat with that. I have had several pad-thais where the chicken and prawns have gone awol. I complained last time and to be fair they refunded the cost of the dish. They have ditched the grilled tuna and lobster salad so that another two favourites gone.

Wagamamas isn't bad, can be a bit hiss and miss as with any chain though. I have the Chicken Katsu Curry or Firecracker Chicken usually, but still much prefer Chicken Katsu Donburi at Nobu Old Park Lane or the Chicken Anti-Cucho at Nobu Berkeley Street, it's only a tenner more as well...