Marvellous - BBC2 Thursday 25 September 9pm

kwsaint

I caught 'Marvellous' on TV last night and it was excellent. True story about a guy with some learning difficulties. Was Stoke City's kit man for a couple of seasons. Has been running his own football team 'Neil Baldwin FC' at Keele Uni for the past 40 years. Heartwarming stuff. Worth catching on iPlayer if you get a chance

I was at Keele Uni over 30 years ago and I met Neil a couple of times. Once when we (some students) were playing football and he joined in uninvited. To my shame I admit I thought he was a loony and I realise now having seen the program that he wanted to recruit me into his footy team. He asked me to come along and I said something about not having football boots and quick as a flash he said he had lots of pairs. I can't remember how I got out away from him.

As programs go there are few that I can recall being as good as this. Really enjoyed it and he is today being presented to the Stoke fans before kick off.

Nello!!!! Nello!!!

I went to Keele some 20 odd years ago & played (poorly) for Neil Baldwin FC in my 2nd & some of my 3rd year.

Watched the programme on iplayer and it brought back some great memories and Neil can still be found on campus and watched the original broadcast wearing a tux' in the SU bar surrounded by youngsters.

Stoke may be a dog hole (Keele and Newcastle Under Lyme are not) but I do like Stokies and still enjoy working there.

I went to Keele some 20 odd years ago & played (poorly) for Neil Baldwin FC in my 2nd & some of my 3rd year.

Ha ha brilliant - I have to say I really enjoyed it, 17 year old daughter wasn't so sure, but she did watch the whole thing.

Thought the actor playing Neil was superb